Luna park 9 new rides construction

Coasterlife

On 28/05/2021 at 1:31 PM, Gtmichaels said:

Just found a translated version of a French interview with peeps from Intamin, It was from last year, but offers the specs of the Big Dipper I haven’t seen before! Idk if this had been shared here before? But I found it on Reddit. Apparently will have a height of around 24m and track length of 600m which is interesting. They did change the speed to 72km/hr, so obviously these stats might change, but they give a fairly good insight on what the Hot Racer is all about. Here’s the original article, very good read! https://amp.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/in32zb/interview_with_intamin_in_french_regarding_the/

1D3CB3AF-067C-4909-845E-62A6A12B3C0B.jpeg

I made and translated to French this interview during IAAPA Expo Asia 20 with MM. Czibulka and Daniel. They prove reponsive to interview questions - and take the time to share insightful answers. Thanks for sharing it!

Another interview with Intamin is expected sometime later this year. If Parkz's admins are ok with it, I'd be happy to forward your questions about Big Dipper to the manufacturer and share their comments (without the hassle of translating to French then back to English!) here.

Regarding the tyre launch, riding Yukon Quad at Le Pal in central France also makes me confident the acceleration will be satisfying. The second launch in particular should be quite exciting.

Having ridden Taron, Hyperion, Steel Dolphin and Soaring with Dragon, I agree with Intamin's claim their open restraint offers a competitive edge on RMC's Single Rail model. Though I'm yet to ride a Raptor track, I feel the seating & lap-bar design on I-Box trains of both generations is among the US manufacturer's weakest points (rode Wicked Cyclone, Twisted Colossus, Steel Vengeance, Zadra and Untamed for reference).

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but Intamin market their Hot Racer (aka Single Rail) model in a wide range going from "1 - Family" to "3 - Thrill" in their portfolio. (For comparison, the LSM launch, Mega and Giga coasters are marketed in the "3 - Thrill" to "4 - Insane" range - while Wing and Wooden coasters are put in a "2 - Family Thrill" to "3 - Thrill" range.) It seems Intamin indicate their single rail's will offer a relatively less extreme ride experience than the current RMC Raptors. I wonder if that choice came from market demand, or purposeful differentiation from the competition.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

I will post a full video tonight!!! But sledgehammer had its first test

5F7392A5-AD62-4B5D-BA00-467848D65DAB.jpeg

D28C36BA-7074-4086-8835-6919B9C83E25.jpeg

5226A64F-5569-41E2-97FE-13BCA9EBFE84.jpeg

92ED5BDC-9EC5-4086-8C8F-AD9CCDD20865.jpeg

045D63A0-9A34-4744-9C70-7265C9F1D771.jpeg

This must be testing for the half spin version of the ride. When they do the full spin. I don't know if that many people in the local area would be pleased... I still can't believe they haven't done that yet!

43 minutes ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

This must be testing for the half spin version of the ride. When they do the full spin. I don't know if that many people in the local area would be pleased... I still can't believe they haven't done that yet!

They are on the phone with Zamperla staff in Italy programming the ride, it did eventually go 360° and I’ll send out that video tonight, Bug, Freaky Frogs and cloud 9 were also testing along with a talk from the rides manager Silly Sub and Loopy Lighthouse were testing on Saturday, Loopy Lighthouse has 3 modes so there is a different experience, Silly sub is pretty cool and the little propeller on the bottom spins as the ride operates 

Edited by Coasterlife
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, Coasterlife said:

It's also rather noisy but i wonder if it's just because of it's first time runs the ride just needs a little wearing  

I’ve heard they can be quite loud, but it seems (from others) they either get quiet or even more noisy. Usually it’s Zamperla’s Giant/Giga Discoveries that get worse though. Let’s hope for the best lmao, thank god this isn’t a Six Flags park and they will (hopefully) look after it well XD

13 hours ago, Gtmichaels said:

Wow! She’s absolutely soaring! Way more intense looking than I initially thought.

Absolutely! Wonder how high it goes?? Looked up the specs, its the 30 seater and 30m tall but is that to the top of the counterweight?? If so looks like the gondola hits about 40m when inverted.

6A9A10E6-1BBB-446B-8D7D-418279F6E72B.jpeg

7 hours ago, Gazza said:

How come LPS don't offer higher rates as a sweetener to attract staff?

Probably because they just dished out a ton of money on new attractions. Plus, 300 staff members (feel free to correct me cause I can't remember) at a higher rate would also eat away at the bank. That's just my perspective on it.

34 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

Footers going in at the Maloneys corner end of big dipper and some extra supports added over the last few days

20210602_142256.jpg

20210602_142110.jpg

20210602_142113.jpg

20210602_142134.jpg

It's looking great, can't wait to see it finished and thank you for the update. Since the new big dipper goes over the sledgehammer's queue lines. I wonder how they will fit it in with the re-opening of the 8 new rides? Like will they have to close it for a week or two? Because how are they going to build the new big dipper when the 8 other rides will be operating particularly the sledgehammer.  Plus in the plans it has the big dipper's track going over the top of the sledgehammer's queue. 

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

It's looking great, can't wait to see it finished and thank you for the update. Since the new big dipper goes over the sledgehammer's queue lines. I wonder how they will fit it in with the re-opening of the 8 new rides? Like will they have to close it for a week or two? Because how are they going to build the new big dipper when the 8 other rides will be operating particularly the sledgehammer.  Plus in the plans it has the big dipper's track going over the top of the sledgehammer's queue. 

Probably closing the ride for a bit or making an alternative queue point. Unless in the next 3 weeks all of the supports and track for that section of Big Dipper is put in, that will have to be the case until the section is complete.

11 hours ago, Gtmichaels said:

Also, I’ve been accepted as a rides attendant tonight for Luna Park! Training starts soon! Ever since I started playing RCT3 and watching Theme Park Review on youtube 13 years ago, I never imagined it would be this real! Dreams do come true guys haha!!

Congratulations! See you there soon! ;)

• Love it! 1

18 hours ago, Gtmichaels said:

Also, I’ve been accepted as a rides attendant tonight for Luna Park! Training starts soon! Ever since I started playing RCT3 and watching Theme Park Review on youtube 13 years ago, I never imagined it would be this real! Dreams do come true guys haha!!

Congrats! I'll see you in the park then I guess lol

• Love it! 1

18 hours ago, Gtmichaels said:

Congrats mate should have to visit you in the park soon when it reopens!

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

6 minutes ago, BringADecentParkToSydney said:

Slightly off topic to the new rides; but now that a lot of space has been taken up where the houses for Halloscream used to go, does anyone know/have a possible idea on where the houses might go this year? (If this has been talked about in another thread, please link me lol)

Coney Island, the mirror maze, the Hungry Horse and the Big Top. The only scare attraction that has been in Maloney's Corner has been Mystery Manor which used to operate year round.