Luna park 9 new rides construction

Coasterlife

Hey all this forum should have been made earlier but today we see concrete slabs have been made and some of the steel footings have also arrived, I’m gonna take a guess that one of the smaller coasters might be arriving first? Also I will be back next Saturday 

image.jpg

NAMES OF ALL THE RIDES!!!!! Also confirming it’s a discovery 360

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Coasterlife
  • Like 2
  • Love it! 1

1 hour ago, 19Michael96 said:

See I'm not sure if I agree with all the names for these rides. I would've at least have named some in homage to the old rides such as the Sledgehammer being named "Flying Saucer", the boomerang "Wild Cat", and I would've given the kiddie wheel a much more clever name than just "Bug".

Sorry if I sound bitchy and pretentious, these names won't make me hate Luna Park, management would have to demolish Coney Island and Wild Mouse to do that, but that's pretty much what I thought. Some simple name changes would make the rides 'fit in' to the rest of the park.

I feel Boomerang could be Geronimo, Bug could easily be renamed Tumblebug (they already have a lit-up sign with that name out the front of Dodgem City) and Cloud 9 or Loopy Lighthouse (if repainted) could be parachute jump, a reference to the ex-ride at Coney Island NY.

Again, I'm not angry or disappointed, Luna Park is too close to my heart (which is honestly something I should be embarrassed by). I'm still fucking excited and can't wait for this, but I just feel the people who care for the park at management didn't pay enough attention to what they'd name the rides. This is a great time for Luna Park and this is the right direction for the place.

oh crap I just rambled again.

9 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

that wasn't meant to be a video 

IMG_2667.jpg

Yeah nice find but nothing really new here. Its been confirmed that the Zamperla Discovery is the 360 Model virtually since it was announced.

The other ride names I posted from the Lipman website earlier in the other Luna Park thread. The only new thing is the confirmation of the family coaster name as Boomerang.

Have to say, aside from the Little Nipper, the other names are fairly ho hum. I would have thought that they would have gone with some names from classic LPS attractions of the past, just as @19Michael96 suggested earlier. Definitely support the naming of the family coaster as Wild Cat and the Sledgehammer as the Flying Saucer!! That would have been a great nod to the past!! Ah well small gripes but important ones nonetheless!

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

Im not so sure, I dont think Boomerang lives up to Geronimo, nor does a kiddy ferris wheel live up to Tumble Bug etc

Haha yeah I was writing down the first names I could think of. I don't think you should ever take advice from me as I'm not exactly a creative person, but I dislike 'bug' and 'boomerang' for being very unoriginal names.

Sorry that I’m late to the party. 

The new ride names are alright.  I agree with @AlexB. If you keep particles names people would assume that ride might exist in the form people have been used too. Big Dipper we know is a coaster (always has been). So it’s not like they used Big Dipper for Hair Raiser as an example.

We gotta remember a rides name it not the end of the world. While some might seem underwhelming we must remember we essentially getting a whole new section of the park. They would number the rides from 1-9 and I don’t think it would be a deal breaker. 

This new master plan is the help continue the legacy of this fine amusement park. The rides we are getting are well overdue, even I never thought we’d see another coaster at the park. Here we are tho by years end we will have an astonishing four coasters.  

The construction I’m most looking forward to. I haven’t had the chance yet to pop into the city.  

3 hours ago, StingRay said:

The new ride names are alright.  I agree with @AlexB. If you keep particles names people would assume that ride might exist in the form people have been used too. Big Dipper we know is a coaster (always has been). So it’s not like they used Big Dipper for Hair Raiser as an example.

We gotta remember a rides name it not the end of the world. While some might seem underwhelming we must remember we essentially getting a whole new section of the park. They would number the rides from 1-9 and I don’t think it would be a deal breaker. 

Yeah get what you are saying. However, its still a major missed opportunity for mine for the major rides. Boomerang for the shuttle coaster is so generically bland and bad that its laughable that so little effort went itnto it. This ride could easily have been called the Wild Cat, hearkening back to the earlier Schwarzkopf travelling unit that replaced the Wild Mouse. Calling it the Wild Cat would link it to the Wild Mouse and provide a synergy between the 2 coasters, whilst at the same time reviving a Luna Park name from the past to good effect. Naming the family shuttle as the Wild Cat is entirely feasible IMHO.

Similarly , whilst I don not mind the name of Sledgehammer for the Zamperla 360 Discovery Pendulum ride, it also could have easily been named the Flying Saucer. Again, a lost opportunity for mine. But as you say, these are minor quibbles!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Just curious, if anyone has any knowledge on this..

Are the current rides constantly operated and tested through prolonged closures like this? Or are they left dormant until the park reopens? Pretty interested to know.

I would say as most seasonal parks are they will do annual maintenance and tear the rides apart. Closer to opening they will reassemble and finish maintenance and re commission all the rides.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Are the current rides constantly operated and tested through prolonged closures like this? Or are they left dormant until the park reopens? Pretty interested to know.

All the remaining rides (bar Wild Mouse, Ferris Wheel and the Rotor) are relatively new and don't need a lot of work done to them maintenance wise but provided that we have evidence of LPS working on these three attractions in question (plus the amount of TLC management have put into the wild mouse over the last few years) I have no doubt the Ferris Wheel and the Rotor are getting similar treatment behind the scenes

8 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

What's been happening a few times before is that ride operators have been testing the rides and doing basic checks to make sure everything's going fine with the rides. This time it's been that Maintenance are doing more in depth inspections and maintenance. I have some more photos of this happening that I decided to leave out until now.

IMG20210130170723.jpg

9 hours ago, Naazon said:

You mean SX360 or Actventure

Hahaha I am betting Sledgehammer to win that contest.

SX360 will open , eventually.

Actventure- now thats a big open ended question. I HOPE it does- it has the potential to be awesome for the Sunshine Coast. Its still very much a wait and see at this point.