Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

2 hours ago, Rivals said:

(wasn’t show which topic to post this under) however,

the walls around the stage in the Kids WB Section are now down and the eyesore red that made up the base section of the stage has now been replaced with a stone textured base. a major improvement to what it once was.

I managed to get some photos of the area the other day and it looks a billion times better IMHO. 6EFAD35E-C7A3-4119-8EE8-3753197A2DCE.thumb.jpeg.dc6f9ab467f3444f2776c9fdd2b64556.jpeg

68F4E33A-1C50-4B04-A3B9-334F0548922B.thumb.jpeg.ecf705dfee5539ea3cf2eb5f8910b1b5.jpeg

The Carousel looks like it’s just about ready to open too. 
CAAE529A-15ED-4DCC-9992-732B7403C1B0.thumb.jpeg.22024a57cd8d6057ee00fb98e028a15f.jpeg15E83357-1A83-498F-B2CB-E1787335E569.thumb.jpeg.cdbe641475f728a7f1f2386d9f2c6f50.jpeg

• Like 2

Forgot to mention, the hi-strike/exploding bank in the Doomsday precinct has been fixed!B32A9398-053C-4006-8C07-8EB02D103C74.thumb.jpeg.518a5a08d2e245055eb859cea9acbc15.jpeg

It now automatically activates as soon as you press the plunger and the old wristband reader has been completely bypassed. Same goes with the other effects in the area, they now just activate automatically as soon as you walk over to them. 

Edited by Noll_57
  • Like 1

Honestly the practical effects seem to get more attention (when they're working) than the digital stuff. I'd rather they switched to practical however possible (though noting some don't translate well). 

Hanna Barbera Land used to have a bedrock style house, with doors and such with things that opened and shut - including a sabertoothed cat's tail that would growl (like a sabertooth cat) when kids would pull on it. 

The effects don't have to be stupendously amazing. And nothing that relies on consumables - like fog juice etc - water spray or sound effects triggers are just fine - heck even the madagascar statues in Dreamworks that spray water get the laughs every day from people caught out.

Given Doomsday's literal high bar to entry, having things that amuse the kids in the surrounding areas should be a priority. And get rid of the RFID crap. 

• Like 2

Yeah, scenes with even simple practical effects and theming would be great.

Hard to remember but it's a car dealership, fast food restaurant and magic shop, right?

Here's an idea for the latter: funhouse mirrors (the ones that distort your reflection). Perfect for Bizzaro!

19 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Hanna Barbera Land used to have a bedrock style house, with doors and such with things that opened and shut - including a sabertoothed cat's tail that would growl (like a sabertooth cat) when kids would pull on it. 

Ettamogah Pubs used to have just a dog house (and sometimes a hollowed out log) with a speaker and a sign that said beware of dog. When you walked past, the growling triggered. That shit ALWAYS kept me entertained for the hours it felt like for my parents and whoever else to actually get out of the car and over to the pub.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I saw somewhere recently an external company was hiring games attendant staff for a theme park on the gold coast. I've seen parks run games well and in my somewhat educated opinion, Village never have. 

The new stand in West will at least breathe some additional life in the 'long walk' to WWF, and they've at least tried to match up with the theme while working on a budget. If the external contractor is successful, we'd likely see reinvestment and improvements to what we see here. (And prizes don't need to match the themed land, they just need to be big and noticeable.)

Hopefully this signals a few things:

• a better skill games offering by staff who are actually interested in being there
  • a refurbishment \ repurposing of the current midway area
  • a win for the park and guests alike. 

Edited by DaptoFunlandGuy

• Slick locked this topic