Wizard of Oz - Movie World Arkham Asylum Replacement

1 hour ago, Morphix said:

the movie is from 1939.

Thought its an attraction for a 100 year anniversary

The tie-in movie comes out during the holidays of this year, and the live musical’s running in Brisbane a few months before. Yes, it’s an old IP, but it’s one that’s held the test of time, and is hopefully about to become more relevant again. The same can’t be said for a lot of past (or current, Flash…) themes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wikiverse said:

They're about 15 years too early for that.

But the copyright on the movie - including specific things that are only in the movie like ruby slippers - expires in 2035, 95 years after the film's release.

I think he was talking about the WB100 anniversary? 

But as you are saying Village will only have around 10 years before it goes into the public domain, meaning that Dreamworld etc. can make their own Wizard of Oz land.

59 minutes ago, westical said:

They could make one now based on the books. 

Which i hope the lean into a bit to add some magic

"Many shops stood in the street, and Dorothy saw that everything in them was green. Green candy and green pop corn were offered for sale, as well as green shoes, green hats, and green clothes of all sorts. At one place a man was selling green lemonade, and when the children bought it Dorothy could see that they paid for it with green pennies."

12 hours ago, Prequel said:

So Village wouldn't need to renew the license in 10 years? 

4 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Theme parks rights may work differently to the overall rights to the book

If it is out of copyright, then anyone can do anything they want with the stories, characters, music and images and no one can enforce royalty or licensing payments.  Specific trademarks - like the names of the coasters and any associated artwork - can be enforced though, and WB registered the trademarks, not Village.

12 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Winnie the Pooh, Blood and Honey for Fright Nights? :P

No do a 3D Dark Ride, the plot is you have to try and escape Winnie and Piglet who want to kill you like in the movie. Blood and body parts being thrown at you? Fun for the whole family! The kids love Winnie the Pooh, I'm sure they'll love that. //s

32 minutes ago, TBoy said:

No do a 3D Dark Ride, the plot is you have to try and escape Winnie and Piglet who want to kill you like in the movie. Blood and body parts being thrown at you? Fun for the whole family! The kids love Winnie the Pooh, I'm sure they'll love that. //s

I don’t think they are gonna do a full dark ride just for fright nights ;)

14 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I don’t think they are gonna do a full dark ride just for fright nights ;)

Maybe JL's maintenance period is so it can be changed over to that 😉 But the joke was it would be full time and not just Fright Nights.

Maybe for Doomsday/Showcase replacement they should make their own Fantasyland based on that and the other films in the universe (there is going to be a cinematic universe for some reason). If Disney wont let Movie World use their characters then MW could license the horror versions. Fun for the whole family! I'm sure the kids wont notice the difference. /s

Edited by TBoy

1 hour ago, TBoy said:

Maybe JL's maintenance period is so it can be changed over to that 😉 But the joke was it would be full time and not just Fright Nights.

Maybe for Doomsday/Showcase replacement they should make their own Fantasyland based on that and the other films in the universe (there is going to be a cinematic universe for some reason). If Disney wont let Movie World use their characters then MW could license the horror versions. Fun for the whole family! I'm sure the kids wont notice the difference. /s

" Mum why is Winnie carrying around Piglet's head?"

@Ogrelatest video shows they’ve installed the evacuation stairs on the Kansas Twister lift hills, but unfortunately they’ve also installed a platform connecting the two

IMG_4013.thumb.jpeg.6654e8c56748a533820fd645fc9d9175.jpeg

Which can be clearly seen from the parks entry and Superman plaza. I can understand why they may need to have it, but it’s definitely not the best look to have.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, themagician said:

Which can be clearly seen from the parks entry and Superman plaza. I can understand why they may need to have it, but it’s definitely not the best look to have.

It would look better if they coloured it like in the concept art, but unfortunately it is grey instead. I also didn't think that the coaster would be so visible from outside the land compared to FOTWW.

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I don't get why there's such a big issue here

No issue with the stairs at all because they’re expected on any coaster. And I don’t have an issue with the platform, was just surprised that they needed one and how much it stands out when in the park 

And on Tweetstryd at Wildlands (the only other location this coaster is located at) they have the stairs on the inside, so I wonder why they’ve had to change it for this one

IMG_4015.jpeg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, themagician said:

And on Tweetstryd at Wildlands (the only other location this coaster is located at) they have the stairs on the inside, so I wonder why they’ve had to change it for this one

IMG_4015.jpeg

the only thing i can think of is that the rides exit may be in between the two lift hills. to me it really doesn’t matter its sets of stairs and it doesn’t look bad in person.

39 minutes ago, New display name said:

It takes away the illusion the train can fly off the track.

well, there is two spikes right next to the lift hills that give the illusion of the train flying off the track.

Edited by Rivals
  • Like 1