DC Rivals HyperCoaster train stuck mid-course

PoolGuy

24 minutes ago, PoolGuy said:

DC Rivals is under going testing. Hopefully soon she will be back open.

image.thumb.png.742b5b9ae2fc6b288922a018018bc1f0.png

image.thumb.png.1b185880e3429423d8d6d263d2214c49.png

image.thumb.png.6c66eef729d139ca4945905005acd8ef.png

It’s great to see but i wonder why they had to take the lead car (forgot what it’s called) piece off of the train? also, what was the 7News report about, im guessing they’ve finally heard about the ride stalling?  

2 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

Ah using water dummies.. what a great idea!

I feel like you're implying that they should have used water dummies on the morning cycle that valleyed in the first place, but surely you see what an unnecessary waste of time and effort that would be for a regular morning cycle?

It would actually be counter-intuitive for the exact reason demonstrated by this valley. There's no point in the operating team knowing that a full train will safely make the circuit if an empty one potentially won't.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

I do believe there was a roller coaster down the road that required a minimum amount of people in the train to dispatch …

it’s also 27 years old, made by a completely different manufacturer with a completely different layout and hasn’t had that rule since they got new trains.

Before this a Mack coaster has never valleyed and 9 times out of 10 it’s hauling, they don’t need a rule like that.

Edited by Rivals

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

A roller coaster that required a minimum amount people in it was Psyclone, at SFMM.

Im 90% sure when GC was Cyclone they required a certain number of people on the train to avoid valleying in the rides S-bend section before the helix and reverse sidewinder.

1 hour ago, Dean Barnett said:

Ride to unhappiness: 9 people trapped for hours on roller coaster Saturday

that was due to the launch speed not being accurate making it stall at the top of the top hat, having guests / water dummies on it wouldn’t have helped. 

4 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

I do believe there was a roller coaster down the road that required a minimum amount of people in the train to dispatch …

Different coaster, much older, different manufacturer. Apples and oranges.

The point of morning cycles is to test for any warning signs that the ride could fail to operate normally during the day. There's no point running a test cycle with a loaded train when the weather conditions suggest that lighter trains' speed could be one of those points of concern.

DCR doesn't have any minimum rider rule as far as we know, so if an empty train can't complete the circuit, then it can't be considered safe to open for the day. If the crowds are small and a cycle only has half a dozen riders, the train could very well behave quite similarly to an empty one. Operators need to know that - no point knowing that a full train is safe to run but not knowing exactly how many riders they need at minimum to prevent a valley.

5 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

I think we can all agree now that it was way too windy for the ride to be dispatched.. especially empty.

I don't think I've ever seen Movie World use water dummies for their morning tests on any ride. Thinking about it, I don't think I've seen any theme park on the Gold Coast use water dummies for their morning cycles. 

Constantly filling up trains with water dummies every morning just seems like a massive waste of time. You are speaking like you knew this was gonna happen, when this has never happened in the 5 years the ride has operated at the park. 

You're not an expert, nobody is expecting you to be an expert, stop pretending to be an expert. 

Edited by Prequel
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Prequel said:

I don't think I've ever seen Movie World use water dummies for their morning tests on any ride. Thinking about it, I don't think I've seen any theme park on the Gold Coast use water dummies for their morning cycles. 

Yesterday the ride was cycling with dummies and there was still one - two earlier today

• joz locked this topic