Melbourne Show Rebel Coaster Incident

Dean Barnett

• Dean Barnett changed the title to Melbourne Show Rebel Coaster Incident
9 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I'm surprised they didn't follow the report up with,

"this comes almost 6 years after 4 people lost their lives at Dreamworld when the TRRR malfunctioned"

They always seem to mention that in an incident involving a ride, or theme park in general

The posts on Parkz of people "surprised it wasn't mentioned" are now more common than articles that actually reference the incident.

• Like 5

Hahaha,

Well, @Gazza, if I know this site as well as I think I do, I'm not surprised that you mentioned that. Lol.

But, in all honesty the media always seem to mention it, yes, it was shocking, and yes, it continues to be horrific and sad, but, they should just let it go.

With them not mentioning this time, we can only that it's going to stay that way.

29 minutes ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

Do these people also walk on train tracks?

There probably wasn’t a sign up telling you not to climb the fence of an operating roller coaster, and retrieve your phone.

With society how it is today, you need to tell people even the most basic of things.

For example, when I last had Domino’s pizza, the box had “open the lid before eating”. Like, WTF! How stupid and idiotic can you be.

So, moral of the story, people and society have gone nuts.

• Like 2

It cracks me up that this ride is the subject of incident at the Melbourne Show, cause when I went on it this year at the Easter Show, I had never seen over-the-shoulder restraints as low quality as the ones on the Rebel. They barely go down to your chest lol. I know that has nothing to do with what happened, but I still find it funny.

New details from 9- 

A 26-year-old woman is fighting for life after she was hit by a roller coaster at the Melbourne Royal Show and carried nine metres into the air before falling back to the ground.
It is believed the woman was retrieving her phone from the tracks of the Rebel Coaster ride when she was hit by the roller coaster about 5.45pm yesterday, after having dropped the phone when she was on the ride.
After the roller coaster struck the woman, it carried her nine metres up into the air before she fell back to the ground.

1 hour ago, Dean Barnett said:

New details from 9- 

A 26-year-old woman is fighting for life after she was hit by a roller coaster at the Melbourne Royal Show and carried nine metres into the air before falling back to the ground.
It is believed the woman was retrieving her phone from the tracks of the Rebel Coaster ride when she was hit by the roller coaster about 5.45pm yesterday, after having dropped the phone when she was on the ride.
After the roller coaster struck the woman, it carried her nine metres up into the air before she fell back to the ground.

Omfg, so she wasn’t just walking around the footprint of a functioning roller coaster, she decided to climb up a functioning roller coaster.

As it stated she suffered head injuries, but, she wouldn’t have suffered brain injuries, because you need a brain to injury it. Someone who thinks that climbing onto the track of an active roller coaster, ain’t got a brain.

9 hours ago, Ashley said:

she wouldn’t have suffered brain injuries, because you need a brain to injury it.

That’s overstepping the mark by a fair way mate. End of the day it’s someone’s daughter, sister, possibly mother, who very well may die - I don’t think we need that sort of commentary. 

7 hours ago, rappa said:

I mean they were stupid. 
But they might actually die so maybe we could just cool it a tad. 

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

That’s overstepping the mark by a fair way mate. End of the day it’s someone’s daughter, sister, possibly mother, who very well may die - I don’t think we need that sort of commentary. 

I’ll gladly admit I was a bit harsh,  more harsh than necessary, so I’ll apologise for being so harsh.

However, I stated the truth and I stand by that. Someone has to be brainless to do something so idiotic. I’d be the same as walking on SE track whist the coaster was operating. Someone with a brain would do that.

This is sad, I do hope she pulls through, and I also hope she or at least others around her, learn from this

Edited by Ashley

https://7news.com.au/news/melbourne/dads-heartbreaking-update-as-its-revealed-rollercoaster-victim-shylah-rodden-was-recovering-from-second-tragedy-c-8365225

“The injuries are horrific. Horrific. She’s brain damaged. It’s pelvic, her arms, legs, back, neck - there’s hardly a thing that’s not broken.

Worse than I thought. Feel for the father who could lose two children in three months.

Edited by TBoy

Omg, I feel for her family I really do, I know what it's like to lose someone to a freak accident.

She is a bloody idiot. Why?

My thoughts are with the family, I hope by some miracle she pulls through.

This topic hits close to home, I'm gonna make this my last post on this topic, her stupidity is really PISSING me off, and winding me up. So I'm gonna stop posting in this topic, before I lose my cool.

On 26/9/2022 at 10:55 AM, Natti_amusements said:

It cracks me up that this ride is the subject of incident at the Melbourne Show, cause when I went on it this year at the Easter Show, I had never seen over-the-shoulder restraints as low quality as the ones on the Rebel. They barely go down to your chest lol. I know that has nothing to do with what happened, but I still find it funny.

Ever been on Olympia Looping? They have restraints that just hold your shoulders. The restraints are fine on Rebel. 

43 minutes ago, HussRainbow87 said:

Ever been on Olympia Looping? They have restraints that just hold your shoulders. The restraints are fine on Rebel. 

Nah, never been on Olympia Looping cause I haven’t gone to Europe yet, although I really want to. Like I said I know it has nothing to do with what happened, I was just reminiscing about how I found the restraints on the Rebel strange.

It’s easy to blame the woman for entering the ride area that we all know is a dangerous thing to do, but at the end of the day, a ride op should be trained to see people entering the ride area while in motion, so it’s more than just the woman’s fault, the operator needs to cop some of the blame. Not sure how carnies get trained but I know when I was trained on operating dodgems this was what I was told. Maybe some cameras in the ride operator booth to make it easier? Or better training?

Edited by Baconjack

1 hour ago, Baconjack said:

It’s easy to blame the woman for entering the ride area that we all know is a dangerous thing to do, but at the end of the day, a ride op should be trained to see people entering the ride area while in motion, so it’s more than just the woman’s fault, the operator needs to cop some of the blame. Not sure how carnies get trained but I know when I was trained on operating dodgems this was what I was told. Maybe some cameras in the ride operator booth to make it easier? Or better training?

I’m not really going to make anymore of a comment on this, but from her actions, the staff were not to blame in the slightest. The coaster also has two stations. Training could not prepare you for what she did. 

Just thought I’d clear that one up. 

• rappa locked this topic