Movie World Scheduled Maintenance 2023

TBoy

11 minutes ago, aaronm said:

It looked like there was some additional roaming entertainment over the weekend but it'd be hard to recommend visiting MW before April. A lot of capacity is out of action and it will only take some unscheduled downtime on DCR or WWF to really limit the available options for a park day.

At least there will be a lot of new attractions coming through the next 2 years that will help the capacity. IIRC Last September at one point DCR, GL, JF, WWF, Looney Carousel, Scooby and Looney Splash Zone were closed which is nearly half of the park's rides.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Baconjack said:

The tyres would get a lot of mileage on them between maintenance periods considering Superman does thousands of cycles each year. So not surprised that they replace those tyres every year

They aren't always replaced every year, they are inspected for wear and tear but generally they won't always have to be replaced. Given the trains move at a slow speed they would encounter much less wear and tear than say Motocoaster, Big Dipper or Jet Rescue that has to move the trains at high speeds. Even then they may not need to be replaced yearly, as long as they are inspected and are within safe limits etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Brad2912 said:

That’s exactly when it should be down, straight after Sept school holidays and before the summer peak 

I was hoping for it to be from the end of October till the start of holidays, but unfortunately its not. At least I will be going with all the coasters (exc. Scooby) open.

7 hours ago, Rivals said:

Doomsday has now been extended to be closed until the 5th of May. anyone have an idea as to why or maybe they’re just waiting for a part?

Not sure TBH. If it keeps being this unreliable I feel they should just get rid of it. It’s hidden away from the current DC area so I would rather just replace the whole area with something new.

In other news, Batwing has been extended a week. No change for Superman.

• Like 1