VRTP Admission Price Increases 2022

Park Addict 93

We've been calling for them to lift the prices for years, and while it isn't "Annual pass pricing circa 2006" ($399), I feel this one-pass price is probably closer to where I think it should be.

They're probably going to be savaged on social media by the families that have had a sub-$500 worth of year round entertainment for almost a decade, but they need to hold the line on this and keep it at this level as those crying foul will be the reduction in daily attendance the park needs to better manage their current capacity.

It's been a slow road but i'll give them kudos for having the bravery to raise the prices to this point.

Edit: I do think the one-day ticket is a bit much. The best theme parks in the world don't break the $100/day barrier. I do feel as though the day-pricing is meant to encourage people to get an annual pass so they can get your marketing info but for people who will only ever visit on a single day, it leaves a bad taste, and the barrier to entry is too high.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

We've been calling for them to lift the prices for years, and while it isn't "Annual pass pricing circa 2006" ($399), I feel this one-pass price is probably closer to where I think it should be.

They're probably going to be savaged on social media by the families that have had a sub-$500 worth of year round entertainment for almost a decade, but they need to hold the line on this and keep it at this level as those crying foul will be the reduction in daily attendance the park needs to better manage their current capacity.

It's been a slow road but i'll give them kudos for having the bravery to raise the prices to this point.

Exactly, and those same families are probably the ones with the mums or dads who scream at the poor ride attendants for not letting their child on a ride because they don't meet the height requirements. The fewer of them in the park, the better 

Edited by GoGoBoy
  • Like 1

I am kicking myself for not getting the non-local Annual Pass while it was $250 (a bit cheaper through NRMA).

The price hikes certainly are ambitious, I guess if revenue increases they achieved their objective, even if at the expense of goodwill among some customers. I imagine the potential to increase admission and pass prices based on an increased product value proposition form part of the business case when evaluating whether to go ahead with a major new attraction. 

My thoughts are similar to last year, $220 is not to much to pay for a Season Pass and it's good and smart of them to not price shock existing renewals by only doing a $10 increase. I just hope we see investment in the park continue and things don't move backwards and are neglected (see Scooby, DC Villains Unleashed, JL Ride)

2 hours ago, Natti_amusements said:

For families on a budget Dreamworld might be a safer option. As someone who lives interstate though, the day tickets sure look to be getting bloody expensive.

Funny you should say that... Dreamworld just increased ticket prices (although not to the levels of VRTP) 😆

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ride-only photo passes are no longer available for any time period.  All photo passes now include ride and candid (character) photos, with the price of the 12 month option doubling from $40 for ride photos only to $80 for rides + candid.

Generally I'm supportive of offering bundles, but I do think that the ride-only pass should be offered to One Pass holders - a $40 add-on is a pretty easy sell and doesn't induce demand for character photos among visitors that otherwise wouldn't bother.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 10.30.15 am.png

44 minutes ago, rappa said:

Didn't the company doing the photos just change? Surely related

Correct, Magic Memories no longer is involved with Ride or Candid photos in park and it is now managed by Kodak. It certainly has some teething issues however.

Existing 12M ride photo passholders should have received an email with a new barcode to utilise for the new system with a one month extension for the downtime when they changed systems, old Ride Photo passes have been upgraded to the one ones including candids.

Considering previously the longest candid pass you could buy was $50 for 14 days I see it as an upgrade, but I understand why if you are only interested in ride photos its disappointing. Dreamworld to compare offer both for $59.95 or Rides (online only purchase) for $34.95.

Edited by Park Addict 93