2 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

Let's hope the GC parks have all of the top attractions open, and ideally they'd let them film on ride. TPW uses very secure go pro set-up all strapped to his body @Bikash Randhawa

According to this comment under the TPW announcement video, they have got in touch with the parks and asked for permission to film:6D2C1B52-2EFE-496F-BE37-569E4B9FC9AD.thumb.jpeg.2be8d00ca485ffa71b55906b039aba97.jpeg

I do hope the parks will take the arrival of all these enthusiasts seriously and bring their a-game in terms of operations, presentation, customer service etc. This is a pretty big opportunity to showcase our parks to the world and they should be aiming to give the best impression possible. 

• Like 2

None of them will be able to experience Superman as it'll be in maintenance through February and March. That's a shame because it's a unique experience far superior to Rita, and more unique (though less intense) than Xcelerator. 🙁

I feel like Coaster Studios forgoing both Aussie World and Gumbuya World is a real shame as they're missing out on two great parks with good credits available.

5 hours ago, Naazon said:

Thats some tight timeframes. I hope they realise how long it takes to fly from the west coast to the east coast. Day 4 is really gonna suck.

It'll be rough, sure, but manageable if they're doing an evening flight. Flight times is one thing, but time zone differences will be the real killer. Hope at least some of them can sleep on planes!

• Like 3

The ECC tour starts next week so they'll be fine.  The only misses for them look to be GD, Surfrider, and potentially GL depending on the nature of its fault.

Also interesting they left out Perth? But are going to rainbows end?

Auckland is on the way to LA. I've done rainbows end on a stopover.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, CR4ZE said:

I feel like Coaster Studios forgoing both Aussie World and Gumbuya World is a real shame as they're missing out on two great parks with good credits available.

To be fair, the coasters on offer at those 2 parks are all clones. But yeah they are unique parks that are worth a visit.

Edited by WalleyWorld

4 hours ago, CR4ZE said:

None of them will be able to experience Superman as it'll be in maintenance through February and March. That's a shame because it's a unique experience far superior to Rita, and more unique (though less intense) than Xcelerator. 🙁

only CS will be missing Superman, the ECC tour starts next week, TPW is starting next week too and they’ll be at MW by the start of February, so they’ll be fine. 

14 hours ago, Gazza said:

I was wondering about that. Do they do the red eye in the evening after being at AW, or do they leave early morning and just have the arvo at Adventure Park and the evening at Luna Park.

The ECC is doing an 6pm flight after the day in Adventure World. It lands into Melbourne just before midnight.

29 minutes ago, iwerks said:

Do you know if they know about AW Nights on the Saturday? 

I've flagged it to the team. People are landing into Perth that day after the 17 hour flight from London, so whether there'll be appetite for late night coaster riding I dunno, but I'll suggest it :-)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Noxegon said:

I've flagged it to the team. People are landing into Perth that day after the 17 hour flight from London, so whether there'll be appetite for late night coaster riding I dunno, but I'll suggest it 🙂

I was going to see you and the crew on the 17th at Gumbuya World but unfortunately I am busy that day, as well as the two others (GP) who I am going with not wanting to go on that day (as there will likely be more than 100 enthusiasts there with Fast Pass, and they are not buying it) P.S Will you be going on the flat rides/waterslides at Adventure World/Adventure Park etc. or just the coasters?

Edited by TBoy

12 hours ago, Gazza said:

The ECC tour starts next week so they'll be fine.  The only misses for them look to be GD, Surfrider, and potentially GL depending on the nature of its fault.

Auckland is on the way to LA. I've done rainbows end on a stopover.

I meant for Theme Park Worldwide and Coaster Studios. Look forward to each voicing their disenchantment in vlogs as they didn't check maintenance schedules in advance!

5 hours ago, REGIE said:

It is a shame they will miss SE as it’s a 1 of a kind in the world you can only ride in Australia but they seem to be more interested in DCR anyway. I think they are in for a real shock when they realise how little ground space MW has.

I do think it's criminally underrated for what it is, but there are other coasters out there that start with a short dark ride/pre-show before a launch into the layout proper. I think Dreamworld may have cloned one of them. 🤔

38 minutes ago, CR4ZE said:

I meant for Theme Park Worldwide and Coaster Studios. Look forward to each voicing their disenchantment in vlogs as they didn't check maintenance schedules in advance!

they both know about the maintenance schedules and CS are already aware that they will not be getting on Superman or Giant Drop.

2 hours ago, TBoy said:

I was going to see you and the crew on the 17th at Gumbuya World but unfortunately I am busy that day, as well as the two others (GP) who I am going with not wanting to go on that day (as there will likely be more than 100 enthusiasts there with Fast Pass, and they are not buying it) P.S Will you be going on the flat rides/waterslides at Adventure World/Adventure Park etc. or just the coasters?

I won't be on the ECC trip personally.

4 hours ago, CR4ZE said:

I do think it's criminally underrated for what it is, but there are other coasters out there that start with a short dark ride/pre-show before a launch into the layout proper. I think Dreamworld may have cloned one of them. 🤔

Hm I think calling SE escape underrated is a bit far. It’s probably Australia’s most overrated coaster. Some people put it above ST and some even put it above DCR. It definitely gets more credit in Australia at least then it really needs

2 hours ago, REGIE said:

Hm I think calling SE escape underrated is a bit far. It’s probably Australia’s most overrated coaster. Some people put it above ST and some even put it above DCR. It definitely gets more credit in Australia at least then it really needs

100% SE is the No. 1 coaster in Australia.  DCR is a great coaster, but it is definitely overrated.

8 hours ago, New display name said:

100% SE is the No. 1 coaster in Australia.  DCR is a great coaster, but it is definitely overrated.

This is a bold claim.

The rivals experience doesn't exist anywhere on the planet.

Alternative SE experiences -

• Xcellerator
  • Rita
  • Desert Race
  • Speed Monster

The drop is better than Expedition GeForce - and backwards on a hypercoaster isn't available anywhere else 

2 hours ago, Vidgamer said:

I am surprised at the 'seniority' of the ECB and also impressed. I hope that's me when I'm a little older !

The ECC has members of all ages – including quite a few in their seventies.

For the Australia tour the demographic is skewed a bit towards our older members, given that younger people can't generally afford to drop $10K AUD on a coaster trip, no matter how much that they'd like to :)

• Like 3