Superman Escape v Steel Taipan

TBoy

Superman Escape vs. Steel Taipan  

104 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Pick one of the options, and the one with the most votes will win.

• Superman Escape (Movie World)
    • Steel Taipan (Dreamworld)

Superman’s snappy launch and insane airtime in the back-row is what takes it’s place from ST for me. It’s honestly relentless, short but sweet.

ST has a unique triple launch, and it’s definitely better than the other Blue Fire clone in Dubai that I rode (The Velociraptor). However, I find it much tamer of a ride experience, although it does feature imo Australia’s best inversion, man that heart-line roll whips!

Yeah it’s hard supermans launch is better then any single element on Steal taipan in my personal opinion and I love the themed start to superman after the first drop there’s a few great airtime moments . Back row SE is better imo then steal taipan in the middle row but the spinning seat and triple launch I really love. SE is more intense but ST is just so fun and rerideable (One thing to note is I prefer well done inversions slightly more then airtime so that could be why.). But I can fully respect if people like SE more. I just personally am on team ST only because steal taipan has a spinning seat.

Edited by REGIE

Steel Taipan is unfairly denigrated for being a (quasi) clone. If it was one of a kind people would be fawning all over it but because you can also ride something similar in Dubai or Rust coaster fans dismiss it as a copy.

I love Superman’s theming when it works but for me it’s a lesser megalite and Steel Taipan offers a more exciting experience overall. Both are great coasters but ST’s triple launch and inline twist are the icing on a delicious cake.

If we're going solely by a completely barebones ride experience (imagining both rides were built at the exact same time, and placed on a flat grass field in the middle of nowhere), Steel Taipan's gimmick seat sets it above Superman. However that isn't the case, and seeing as Superman's got the theming, anticipation, and a certain level of charm due to being much more settled in, I can't say Steel Taipan's the better attraction. It's gotta be Superman IMO.

Edited by Tricoart

I'd have to go with Steel Taipan. It's a full package, fun and very re-rideable. Not to mention the spinning seat.

I love Superman, it's just a bit too short for me. Also - queuing an hour without your phone in a cramped queue with one train operations is not my idea of fun, especially for a short ride.

35 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

As of this morning we are FIFTY SIX VOTES IN and the results are 50/50. You have completely divided this community so far with this one - it's gonna be tight for sure!

Yup, now 60 votes and 30-30. This is one of the toughest choices in the community IMO.

Yeah very interesting two pretty hard to compare coasters. I think this one all comes down to what you want out of a roller coaster.  

What should the next one be? Gold coaster vs green lantern? Or maybe scooby vs Storm. What can compete with leviathan? I feel like Levi is almost in a class of its own.

I was skeptical with this post series when started, but now its broken into threads I'm enjoying reading everyone's (wrong) opinions. Good work @TBoy

Side note, Superman. That launch is awesome. Preshow is great and through the building is cool. My only wish was going through the building was over the queue line.

From my perspective Taipan edges out Superman purely through ride comfort and re-ride ability. After a couple of laps my shoulders/neck (and my wife's ears) are sore (bleeding) from Superman. It's rough and the OTSR's aren't soft.

I love the pre-show/launch on SE, but it's just not comfortable enough to enjoy multiple times a day. If they splashed the cash to get the newer trains/restraints (like Velocicoaster for example, which are much more like DCR/Taipan) I'm sure I'd have voted for SE.

• Like 1

That’s fair. Personally as much as I do love the theming on SE I am more into a fun coaster then theming. That’s the reason why I personally don’t think Disney would be that fun since almost all their coaster’s layout’s suck despite the amazing theming on most of them (except incredicoaster  a steal coaster made to look wood themed to the incredibles?? Umm).  There’s also probably a bit of bias for DW since I have lots of memories with that park. But at the end of the day they are 2 amazing rides and are both worthy of 2nd to rivals.

I got a sunset ride on SE one time at the end of the day, we barely made it in to the queue before the queue was closed (it was still an hour plus wait however)  and when we launched it started raining, it was so fun.

On 16/02/2023 at 1:59 AM, Ogre said:

I'd have to go with Steel Taipan. It's a full package, fun and very re-rideable. Not to mention the spinning seat.

I love Superman, it's just a bit too short for me. Also - queuing an hour without your phone in a cramped queue with one train operations is not my idea of fun, especially for a short ride.

I definitely think Steel Tipan is better the triple launch is great I love the backwards launch. the trains are also much more comfortable where the restraints on SE are not comfy. and the airtime on Tipan is insane. i also have to agree with @OgreI don't queuing for superman also because the staff can be quite rude at the que line there Aswell not all but a few

• Like 1

Yeah, I wouldn't rate a coaster highly just because of it's theming if the layout itself is poor (and I too couldn't see myself enjoying Disney), but I'd prefer a mix of a good layout & good theming (Superman) over a good layout, bad theming, and a great gimmick (ST). DCR, in comparison, would be a great layout, decent theming, and a great gimmick (the 'theming' mainly consisting of the spectacle & placement of the coaster itself).

On 17/02/2023 at 8:42 PM, REGIE said:

I personally don’t think Disney would be that fun since almost all their coaster’s layout’s suck despite the amazing theming on most of them

Just checking - are you making that assumption based on drawings of layouts and\or POVs or have you been on them?

It sounds like you haven't been on them... 

On 17/02/2023 at 10:48 PM, Tricoart said:

I too couldn't see myself enjoying Disney

I know lots of people who hold this view - they almost universally haven't been. I'd encourage you both to try them out before thinking too poorly of them. 

• Like 2