Dreamworld Flyer

TBoy

Oh i'm well aware of what the intention was. I was being deliberately obtuse because nothing put out by the park has implied anything but the colour scheme we're seeing. Personally I think gold filigree surrounding the blue sky would 'break' the blend you get between real sky \ clouds (which is the intent I believe they're going with as the basis of the theme).

I like how well the blue and white works with surrounding sky during the day, and - at night - the lighting will take over. Gold paint would (in my opinion) make it look like shit.

4 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Oh i'm well aware of what the intention was. I was being deliberately obtuse because nothing put out by the park has implied anything but the colour scheme we're seeing. Personally I think gold filigree surrounding the blue sky would 'break' the blend you get between real sky \ clouds (which is the intent I believe they're going with as the basis of the theme).

I like how well the blue and white works with surrounding sky during the day, and - at night - the lighting will take over. Gold paint would (in my opinion) make it look like shit.

See, it would depend how it was done really. If it was just little highlights I think it would make it pop a lot more. Just as long as it wasn't over the top.

15 hours ago, Spotty said:

See, it would depend how it was done really. If it was just little highlights I think it would make it pop a lot more. Just as long as it wasn't over the top.

You're probably right - it could be done extraordinarily well with just the right touches where needed.

This is Ardent, not Disney. So that won't happen. So i'm happy with how it looks now.

I apologise for reposting, by the way, my internet’s been stuffing up recently & I was only able to see the previous post just now. I blame Telstra.

But yeah, maybe the broken bulbs’ll be replaced before opening, and that was part of the point of testing that out now (so they could procure replacement bulbs & verify they’re all working for the ride’s open).

Edited by Tricoart

2 hours ago, New display name said:

Already has bulbs out.

Jesus, never show @New display name an incomplete job. If it opens like that, complain away but they're testing. Some of these may have individual connections. they might not be plugged in correctly - or they might be DOA. Let's wait and see how it opens before we start shitting on it?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, rappa said:

For the love of god please don’t let a single one of those hideous colours see the light of day (or night!). 
The ride will look elegant and spectacular with lighting sequences of all warm white colour mimicking the incandescent festoon globes of old. 

Hopefully they resist the temptation to put it in Full Kebab Shop mode and run awful colours on it (the above video is just testing so judgement reserved until it is finished). 

100% this. RGB lights like this just look cheap & tacky… maybe it’s triggering my PTSD from dodgy 3am kebabs not sitting too well the next day.

Really starting to agree it’s missing some gold accents on the floral-y pattern parts (technical term), let’s hope it’s not the finished product and they’ll wow us on opening

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/10/2023 at 8:58 AM, REGIE said:

D96507B5-3A29-48AD-80D6-51410535052C.jpeg

Going to be very hard to see the water under your feet with all that steelworks unless they add some lights in the water.   Maybe the engineer didn't get the brief that the water was to be seen.

Edited by New display name

26 minutes ago, New display name said:

Going to be very hard to see the water under your feet with all that steelworks unless they add some lights in the water.

The plans did indicate there will be wagner mesh decking over the fountain area, which will hide the steel to an extent. And the fountains will be shooting up through the flooring when the ride is operating.

5 minutes ago, themagician said:

The plans did indicate there will be wagner mesh decking over the fountain area, 

100% but I'm not talking about hiding the steel.  The steel will be hiding the water below.  People who think Flyer will be surrounded with a beautiful pond will be disappointed.   The only water that will be visible, will be a small section around the globe.

16 minutes ago, New display name said:

The steel will be hiding the water below

Yes, but this could actually be an impressive sight. When the ride is in its load/unload mode, you don't see water, but as soon as the ride starts, there is this moment where all of this water suddenly appears and you're flying over it. Imagine how could this could look at night, no water, no lights illuminating it and then as soon as the ride begins you get this 'WOW' moment where the ride comes to life.

5 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

now that I see the layout, i'm not sure 'surrounded by a beautiful pond' would have ever been possible with our water safety laws. 

It would have needed fencing, and there isn't enough clearance for the ride to put fencing that close to the swings...

And Vortex at SW is a prime example of that

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, themagician said:

And Vortex at SW is a prime example of that

No it is not.  Vortex fence is from bad design decisions and has nothing to do with pool fencing.   The depth of the water triggers if you need a pool fence or not and Vortex's doesn't require it.

Mid cross rails make it a climbable fence.  (non-pool fence complaint)

9.JPG.649929f2ab25b473717379e27dd93246.JPG

Gap under fence makes it not a compliant pool fence.

10.JPG.2deb5c9c8ca5bd8eb06bea8d91e6d1ff.JPG

You can reach the water before reaching the fence.

11.thumb.JPG.16aae838cc5ee0e87d15036a6d216491.JPG

The flyer will also have a fence around it, to keep people out of the ride envelope.

So maybe it won't be water safety laws that play a part, but since vortex is given as an example - the load platforms (blue railings) have fences - presumably to stop people falling in the damn water. Flyer isn't likely to have this, and with a full circle load\unload - guarantee some idiot would fall in the water if it was accessible.... which is basically what I was trying to get at.

6f241b049086b825b1e7a86b07e0e9cf

• Gazza changed the title to Dreamworld Flyer