The Flash: Speed Force coming to Movie World

Guest Moderator

It’s not actually implementing anything to improve people with ASD’s experience at the parks

Didn't they do a calming area where Taz's dodgems used to be?

And they have a sensory guide:

https://movieworld.com.au//-/media/project/movieworld/files/safety-and-accessibility-guide/wbmw2301017-attraction-sensory-guide-2023.pdf

And they do offer a queue proxy service for people unable to stand in line.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gazza said:

And they have a sensory guide:

https://movieworld.com.au//-/media/project/movieworld/files/safety-and-accessibility-guide/wbmw2301017-attraction-sensory-guide-2023.pdf

And they do offer a queue proxy service for people unable to stand in line.

Yet another blatantly obvious example of missing my point.

15 hours ago, rappa said:

Instead of a happy response to the fact it has lights, it's some post saying how 'oh it's Movie World clearly this is an awful idea and they are going to make it look terrible.'

as opposed to some post saying how 'oh its Dreamworld, clearly this is an awful idea and they are going to make it look terrible.

On 09/05/2023 at 9:22 AM, rappa said:

Let’s hope they aren’t colour changing and running heaps of tacky colour patterns. Single big bold colour is a statement and looks classy and impactful. 
Last thing we want is a 400’ high impression of a kebab shop. 

On 20/01/2017 at 10:11 AM, rappa said:

Maybe the Lego store is yet to be programmed but the whole building is yellow, I think it would look best if they were solid yellow, or maybe a complimentary red. 

Doubtful, it will probably stay on full kebab shop setting and look horrible. 

Just to be clear, i've only made comments about the sign as I hadn't seen the nighttime photos. 

I liked it (the sign), I said it would look great during the night events, but noted they aren't as often as we ALL would like (as we'd all love extended trade all year, when lighting packages really do show off their best side).

We have seen examples at MW of a lack of maintenance once a product isn't new. That's not village bashing, its par for the gold coast theme parks course. I've called out the same issues with maintenance at Dreamworld when I've seen them too. (Theres still at least one LED on the Dreamworld Flyer that is misfiring - looks like a dead red channel)

I'm just expressing concern that if it breaks it won't be returned to the same standard and there is a precedent of that to point to in support of that argument. I summarised by saying that I *hope* it is maintained well.

I finished by commenting that the chase sequence wasn't to my personal taste, and i'd have liked if they'd done it differently which is entirely opinion.

51 minutes ago, Gazza said:

This is a parents facility. not a sensory refuge. Baby changing areas, breastfeeding cubicles, nappy bins and microwaves.

Putting Marvin right next to it (when it's operating) doesn't make it a refuge either - theres no escape from the sound.

31 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

Improve guest experience > market lighting package.

The two things don't have to be mutually exclusive. they're providing recognition while marketing their new investment. Should a park only focus on making the best guest experience, but fail because they didn't market the park to anyone?

1 hour ago, Gazza said:

Yeah but If you were sharing the pics, how did you download them in the first place without seeing them in the context of the parks original post?

They were actually sent to me by a mate in a WhatsApp chat asking if I’d seen the lights. Again, had no context so I wasn’t aware for why. 

Edited by Brad2912

7 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Meh… I made an innocent mistake, I apologised genuinely and sincerely and people on here want to carry on like they’ve never made a mistake in their lives. 

If stacking on me makes people feel better about themselves, stack away. 

Don't worry Brad @New display name is doing this because he always gets called out for bs leaving @DaptoFunlandGuy to pick up his pieces of bs.

everyone makes mistakes and what you said really wasn't that bad people just need to move on. 

Edited by STRAWS

52 minutes ago, STRAWS said:

Don't worry Brad @New display name is doing this because he always gets called out for bs leaving @DaptoFunlandGuy to pick up his pieces of bs.

everyone makes mistakes and what you said really wasn't that bad people just need to move on. 

Don't worry,  I get it.   Reading isn't your strong point.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, STRAWS said:

What the fuck do I have to do with him?

1 hour ago, New display name said:

Don't worry,  I get it.   Reading isn't your strong point.

It really isn't 🤣👀

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

What the fuck do I have to do with him?

I just always see you 2 arguing about something.

I was trying to lighten the mood but clearly I didn't word it very well. All I meant was from time to time people make mistakes writing this was mine.

Pretty much I just don't give a fuck.

Can we just get back to the topic.

On 17/04/2024 at 7:46 PM, Jokes_on_you said:

What are you going on about? The only thing related to a toilet is the 💩 you just said. 

Relax son, it's just what adults call a comment...no need to wet yaself.....count to 3...well, try for 2 and you'll be fine!  😎

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

Instagram post on the 5th of July, 2023 (300 days ago) teased "The Flash: Speed Force! Coming April 2024"..

It's the first of May tomorrow... and we don't have a opening date.

Breaking News: Village Roadshow theme park delays ride opening, replaces their already announced & advertised specific time period with vague subtitle.

Edited by Tricoart

23 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

Instagram post on the 5th of July, 2023 (300 days ago) teased "The Flash: Speed Force! Coming April 2024"..

It's the first of May tomorrow... and we don't have a opening date.

You say this like anyone is surprised. most announced attractions over the past 5-7 years have missed their targeted opening date.

Nobody is shocked, but at least the park has been actively responding to people asking on socials that they're nearly there. 

Like its a shock that any ride opening has a hiccup. SMH.

• Like 1