Movie World Scheduled Maintenance 2024

themagician

10 hours ago, ShakeShack said:

The amount of attractions that go down purely due to guest behaviour is insane. How is that gaslighting them?

The amount of times I've seen West have to evacuate because some numpty jumped the fence to retrieve a lost item is next level. Crawl back into your little hole king.

Put it this way Village have already shown they will close rides to save $ we don't need you trying to defend that cause anyone with half a brain can see it. Gues behavior will shut dont their rides from time to time. But according to Village due to guest feedback people prefer when rides are closed as it makes the experience even better. 

i’m sorry but i just find it insane a brand new little kids drop tower needs over 2 months of maintenance. 

the problem with Movie World is, what else is there to do besides rides? yes, Dreamworld has 5 rides closing for 2 months+ (half for good reason) but they have much more to do then just the rides, they also plan the maintenance out so major rides aren’t offline at the same time. i don’t really think it’s comparable especially when you look at the ticket prices. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rivals said:

the problem with Movie World is, what else is there to do besides rides? yes, Dreamworld has 5 rides closing for 2 months+ (half for good reason) but they have much more to do then just the rides, they also plan the maintenance out so major rides aren’t offline at the same time. i don’t really think it’s comparable especially when you look at the ticket prices. 

I think that is the main problem why Movie World seems most affected by the closures.

Lets say Sea World and Movie World both have 4 rides closed. At Sea World, there is lots of shows and animal exhibits, while Movie World is more ride focused, the only show they have is HWSD2.

8 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

I've also personally never witnessed a ride stop due to guest behaviour.

Well if you've never seen it, then it must never happen. Right?

We've just heard from two people who present as former ride operators and both have confirmed guest behaviour was a common stoppage reason. So let's rely on the folk who watched 100+ dispatch cycles a day over a thoosie with an ego?

7 hours ago, Rivals said:

i’m sorry but i just find it insane a brand new little kids drop tower needs over 2 months of maintenance. 

SBF Visa gotta SBF, y'know?

Nah from what i've heard they've had heaps of issues with it faulting and they're trying to resolve the common issues so it happens less often. I think its wild that a park model needs to be manually hooked up to an air line to operate though...

7 hours ago, TBoy said:

the only show they have is HWSD2.

...and boy is it not worth watching more than once.

Ride stoppages due to guest behavior happen all the time so claiming they dont because your blind to them is just silly

And just because a bunch of people on an internet forum decide village close rides just to save money on the guise of maintenance doesnt make it true

5 hours ago, red dragin said:

Mechanical faults, or is it because of the high winds? 

Green Lantern was operational for around 30mins at park open before shutting and Rivals opened around 12-1 same with Green Lantern reopening.

i really hope Scooby, WoO and Flash (even though it’ll close the same time as Superman and Batwing) make a good improvement on the parks operations, 5 rides open isn’t good enough.

let’s just hope both WoO coasters don’t close at the same time for maintenance.

Edited by Rivals

35 minutes ago, Rivals said:

let’s just hope both WoO coasters don’t close at the same time for maintenance.

Hopefully there is an option for the Kansas Twister where if one goes down, the other side can still operate so you have at least one side operating unless something happens where both need to close. 

16 hours ago, red dragin said:

Mechanical faults, or is it because of the high winds? 

Yeah from what i've heard it was winds taking them down yesterday. If you live in SEQLD, you'd be an idiot to suggest anything else.

15 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

Probably closed due to misbehaving guests 

The park is really suffering at the moment. Sure it's a case of short term pain, long term gain, and they'll be in a much better position once this is all said and done - but their silence on the current state is absolutely deafening.

Doomsday counterweights removed (from tpsn)

I reckon this is more evidence pointing to the fact doomsday is being pulled down. Looks like a blowtorch cut at the top, if they were doing a full strip down they’d unbolt that section

AF06EDF2-C81D-4B1C-A54F-B878C2AB469D.thumb.jpeg.8ebed39da716aa59e5b032ffc71d5b89.jpeg

Edited by Baconjack

Also, the ‘counterweights removed’ claim doesn’t seem to have been posted by TPSN (unless they deleted it), the post seems to be by the Gold Coast Theme Parks account. The attached photo doesn’t have the new black mesh, which GCTP specifies in the caption, so *maybe* it’s just old photo and someone’s observed differently today but hasn’t bothered to take a photo yet. If so, we’ll just have to wait til there is one. ‘Til then, not proven.

Edited by Tricoart

18 minutes ago, Rydah Hi said:

I think what they meant is the missing part at the top of the 2 arms, pictured here.

Screenshot_20240324-111522_Gallery.jpg

Yeah, that’s the right picture. Does look like it’s been properly unbolted instead of just torched, though. Still, at least that’s a photo that shows the change.

Edited by Tricoart

33 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

I can’t see how the counterweights would ever need to change 

If it was designed poorly (and given this ride, wouldn't surprise me) and they are wanting to trial a different weight size. It has happened on other rides in the past. I personally know of a Kamikaze ride (similar to doomsday) that had a different counterweight size put on it as the earlier ones had a different design. If they are, and they are paying for it I'd say it's a total waste of money. But if Intamin / ABC Rides are doing it for free as a goodwill gesture for providing a lemon and it somehow fixes the issues then good on them. But I wouldn't be spending any excess money at this stage to get it running.