The Official Jet Rescue construction thread

rappa

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joz did you get a chance to count how long it goes for?

Yeah me too - from the looks of the space on either side of the track, there isn't much room for a decent show scene
I'm guessing that they will put Mr Sealion on the concrete pad in this pic, and it will be a sort of alcove off the main tunnel (notice how there is a big gap in the wall where it could go) Yeah, I agree it is an improvement on MDMC, pretty much because it does far more to appeal to families and looks to provide a richer experience with its theme, story and landscaping. The jury is still out on the layout for me, as the forcefulnes of the turns it what will make or break it. Initially I had hoped they would address one of my major gripes with MDMC...lack of airtime, though I suppose the extra launch and possibly stronger G's will make up for it. My main final hope for this is that the queue and station set the tone for the marine rescue mission...Sort of make it like an 'exhibit meets themed' area for SWs marine rescue efforts, with examples of equipment on display (have a look what they did with Wild Arctic at SWSD, maybe even some Honda water craft on display to keep the sponsors happy. Enclose the area with another one of these colourbond sheds that have been popping up...it wouldn't be too dear, and it would fit in fine. That way the attraction is fitting in with SW's entertain and educate mantra. If it is just some switchbacks under a shade sail I'd be a bit dissapointed. Edited by Gazza

Yeah my verdict is out on the tunnel theming too, surely a bigger tunnel with some good render or fibre rockwork walls and water couldn't have added much cost to the project... However I will wait until its finished before I pass any judgment.

i agree with Gazza... if the queue could look like a rescue centre, and is really well done it will help make this ride better.... even though it has already set itself apart from MDMC, especially with the theming. just a question for anyone who has seen it on its test runs. on the second launch, does it come to a stop then launch again or does it hit the launch and just get an extra boost?

Frustratingly the ride wasn't testing when I popped in today, with only construction work going on. They have planted the area in the middle of the two slaloms with flax etc, and have laid out driftwood logs. The tunnel has been lined with fibro, so hopefully they will do some fake rock on it. That shed at the front of the site is just a shop you will exit through. As for SWs other new attraction...well in the month since I last visited they have managed to do some rockwork, and that's it. IMO there is no way this will be ready for the originally stated 15/12/2008 opening date.

i had just flicked on the tv at about 3:10 to find the start of the new parks commercial which had featured all 3 new rides even part of the preview thats on parkz tv at the moment of hwsd and a very quick glimpse of jet rescue without theming i think because you could still see dirt and stuff everywhere

As for SWs other new attraction...well in the month since I last visited they have managed to do some rockwork, and that's it. IMO there is no way this will be ready for the originally stated 15/12/2008 opening date.
I just don't get it. Seeing as though Village are supposed to be the theme park experts why are they almost always running late with their new major attractions these days?

construction is actually running ahead of schedule with no major issues in comissioning. The only aspect slighty behind is theming which is to be expected given the huge amount of inclement weather of late. This could never have been forseen in any construction timeline planning.

Both HWSD and the Jet Rescue were scheduled to be ready by the 21st which will then allow for a soft opening to allow staff to get ready and prepare for what is to come on boxing day and afterwards, As most of you know and may have read after reading the article on HWSD. There has been some second guessing as to whether or not the HWSD soft opening is going to go ahead. The decision will be made over the next 2 days ill keep you all posted. If it does go ahead it will start on Monday. As for Jet Rescue the soft opening is being promoted at the park and I'm pretty sure it is going ahead i haven't heard any different.

Edited by klassen24

Well if any staff can keep us informed, I'd like the chance to experience Sea World \ Jet Rescue this season ( I still haven't been on MDMC - but then it isn't a great loss), but Will only be able to go between now and January 1 - so if I can avoid going AFTER christmas, and still get a chance to ride it, it'd be great... keep us posted guys...

But the last batch of photos were taken about 3 weeks ago, and that is plenty of time to get the cosmetic stuff like plants and theming in, given all the critical structural stuff is already over and done with. I haven't bothered going down to the park to get any updates in this time, because any changes would be in places you wont be able to see until you are actually in the ride area.

Edited by Gazza

I was there yesterday... the landscaping looks a bit blah IMHO. The 'cave' has rocks over the opening on the side closest to the bridge to the Corkscrew, however is yet to have a top to match. From memory [correct me if I'm wrong], the side of that tunnel has a crappily-painted ocean scene on it which is a weird thing to have on a cave! The pools look pretty bad, like the coaster was made by someone new to RCT3. The way the rocks are stacked doesn't seem that realistic either. One thing in its favour though is the track is extremely curvy, I'm just hoping to have some decent pops of airtime as the hills could have been better.