The Off Topic Topic

Theres no seats because they only purchased enough parts with the refit from kumbak to make one train. Its just the spare wheel carriers sitting in there. Same ones we normally have this same discussion about every year someone sees them while its down for maintenance. 

Anyone thinking they are going to have or will have purchased another set of hangers and seats for a second train are in for dissapointment. 

If you ever see a train in the maintenance bay, its the one off the track. Not a second train, certainly not one stripped for parts. The only things left of use since the refit are those wheel carriers. Anything below that when the ride was still lethal weapon no longer fits now it is arkham asylum. 

Edited by Levithian

ha ha! (see what I did there)

If you search arkham alley or chinatown alley, you'll find it has a long history of discussion on these forums. It's always been there, it's just some (or all 3) ends of the alleyway have been cut off from use at various points over the years. The big double gates that are against the emergency exit from superman (just as you turn to the right to go to arkham) hide more of the alleyway that used to provide through access for lethal weapon from main st.

If we lived in a country where the parks had major budgets, it would be ripe for a proper theme. Something like a proper gotham feeling alleyway would be cool, or you could put a roof over it and theme it as part of inside arkham itself. Some cells, maybe treatment rooms, etc, since I guess you are kinda coming in the back way not the front gates. If arkham was their new flagship coaster, it could have been an excellent scare zone / queue line. Progress from being ushered through by a greeter / sorter that looked like asylum staff trying to get you out of the grounds, before you turn the "wrong" corner and the inmates in the orange jumpsuits have taken over.

Edited by Levithian

@Mc coaster I mentioned it back in December when it first reopened. But as you can see in your photo, they have recently added some theming to the sign. It would be good to see if the cream coloured walls were painted to match and additional theming elements added too. 

On 27/12/2017 at 1:07 PM, themagician said:

And finally, the AA alley is permanently open

7B6A7EAA-6647-4E1E-83D1-C6909F1F415E.thumb.jpeg.0fa80da33881c3a13d24176d148115eb.jpeg

E8DADF26-26D4-4AD0-93F6-2A354EE63E98.thumb.jpeg.198324e1fee4d61089ad19eea242ebbe.jpeg

There's a definite vibe the parks have had a solid little post-games bump this weekend, which is really nice to see. If this is indeed a sustained upturn in attendance, I really, really, really hope Dreamworld get the tools back out and keep chipping away at sorely needed minor touches - in my mind there's still way too much temporary red tin up that's become a long term part of the park's aesthetic, and with more eyeballs back in there means more opportunities to win folks over again (or lose them forever).

I think prudent spending is just not the right game plan in my mind - I think I speak for a lot of the general public that people are waiting to see major signs of confident spending into Dreamworld and intelligent, long term investing is the key.

39 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

There is loving rides, and then there’s this....

I've read this is a very common condition with the Monorail & the Bermuda Triangle at SW.

11 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

What annoys me the most is that is not in any way a roller coaster.

What annoys me most is we didn't get to see Amy ride it.

• rappa locked this topic