Movie World new ride: JUSTICE LEAGUE: Alien Invasion 3D.

mba2012

People need to read a thread before posting, the opening date is set as September. So safe to say before October 1st... Recent history would suggest open for a school holiday with a soft opening at least a few days prior to try and work out any kinks. Meaning opening for September 22 possible soft opening anytime from 17th.

Dammit I had yesterday off and was considering heading down to the park. This is looking great. So assuming open for school holidays in 17 days, run a soft opening the week prior we should see people walking through that arch in just over a week. Hopefully...

that's what i said 4 posts ago....

I was referring to the fact this was posted a few days prior to his question.

Any news on an exact date??

I was referring to the fact this was posted a few days prior to his question.

I was asking for an "exact date" as no one has posted anything about it besides it is opening in September and it is already the 10th. Anyway, the whole idea is for me to go the day it opens if it is a weekday before the school holidays, that way the park shouldn't be that full, right?

To stand apart from the pack... Couple of things, firstly being another complaint on the over-reliance on the DC brand which would make it the fifth DC-related attraction in a row for the park so thus I believe it to be "Milking" the brand and the lack of diversity within the park. Secondly, too make a quality attraction of this type you would need a sizable budget which with the projected $9 Million budget of this attraction compared to others around the world... It seems to be done on the "Cheap" thus brings up questions on the actual level of quality of the attraction. Thirdly, just to throw it out there considering all Australian parks are extremely mediocre at best... My exceptions are set very low.

As has been said before though - the budgets for these other attractions usually entail the construction of a building to house the attraction - this would be a sizeable part of the budget - they aren't just a tin shed - many safety systems need to go in as well. The building in this case already has all of those systems and infrastructure in place, so the costs are drastically reduced because of it. As for 'milking' the DC brand... is Hong Kong Disneyland milking the brand by it's construction of Toy Story land? DC is one of two major licenses held by MW - the other being Looney Toons. Considering the park already has one full land, a show stage, and several parades and street shows built around that brand, they're equalising the branding by bringing the attraction count up on the DC side. What other theme would you suggest to replace a previously 'batman' themed ride, except another in the same universe? I don't think anyone is questioning the quality of this attraction. Just looking at the new facade on the old wayne manor - it is extremely well done (my partner thought it was real marble), so without 'inside' pictures, I can only predict the interior will live up to the standard we've already seen. My 'expectations' are quite high for this attraction - i'm not sure where my exceptions are though...

I was asking for an "exact date" as no one has posted anything about it besides it is opening in September and it is already the 10th. Anyway, the whole idea is for me to go the day it opens if it is a weekday before the school holidays, that way the park shouldn't be that full, right?

Id imagine it will be quiet around the rest of the park but you should still expect at the very least an hour of JL3D queueing if you get there early.

To stand apart from the pack... Couple of things, firstly being another complaint on the over-reliance on the DC brand which would make it the fifth DC-related attraction in a row for the park so thus I believe it to be "Milking" the brand and the lack of diversity within the park. Secondly, too make a quality attraction of this type you would need a sizable budget which with the projected $9 Million budget of this attraction compared to others around the world... It seems to be done on the "Cheap" thus brings up questions on the actual level of quality of the attraction. Thirdly, just to throw it out there considering all Australian parks are extremely mediocre at best... My exceptions are set very low.

You need to stop comparing Australian parks with overseas ones then. We'll never have the budget for a Midway Mania!

Indeed first attraction to integrate both moving video targets and physical targets in the one attraction. Joz is correct.

Hate to burst your bubble guys, but it's not unfortunately. The Huntik 3D shooting dark ride at Rainbow Magicland (Italy) seems to be exactly what JL will be; 3D screens with both moving video targets and physical targets.
It looks like it has a moving motion base as well, simpler than spider man/transformers though. Edited by Luke

Hate to burst your bubble guys, but it's not unfortunately. The Huntik 3D shooting dark ride at Rainbow Magicland (Italy) seems to be exactly what JL will be; 3D screens with both moving video targets and physical targets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eroar7OlCLE It looks like it has a moving motion base as well, simpler than spider man/transformers though.

Can you describe the ride in this video because I can't watch it 'till tonight...

Who built this ride? It's looks to me like whilst this ride has physical targets and video targets they are really not integrated together in the one scene, it's either or. Like the gaming system has two modes almost. It also appears the cars stop for each video scene. So I get where the world first comes from of having both physical and video targets in the one cohesive scene. It's Sally that are saying this is a world first, not just our opinion so maybe you should take the beef up with them? :P

Edited by djrappa