Sea World Storm Coaster construction 2013

alex_1

sounds like the ride is slowly improving with effects. thank god they got rid of them rubber flaps they were like a huge pain in the ass to move through and if you were right behind someone after you would get slapped! all they need to do now is turn the damn gas on <_<

Edited by bladex

maybe there leaveing the gas off to thay sort out the fans and maybe air con ? as it will add more heat inside the show building ?

I don't think they would leave the fire effects off because of the heat. They have been saying there will be amazing fire effects since they first announced the ride. They are obviously are having issues with the council and the safety of the flames. I do hope that they turn them on eventually though. It's good that they have added fans. I think a good feature would be having a few small hoses that spray a bit of water in the queue line, this could provide the effect that the storm is about to hit. They couldn't have a lot of water spraying otherwise the floors could get wet and that would be a safety issue for people. If the plastic fridge things at the entrance and exit have been removed thats kind of a good thing, providing it doesn't let to much light in. When I went on the ride people were throwing them back at people.

What I want to see them do to the ride is put some sort of wall or even sheet down the centre of the building so that you can't see the end of the ride after the splash down. They should also have a wall in the queue line once inside the building. You can see the storm hitting in that window and the boats going into the water. I don't really want to see that before going on the ride. It kind of spoils the first part (you know whats going to happen). They probably won't change that and its not major, it's just something I would have done in the planning of the ride.

ALSO, I heard that Fast Track is now at Sea World and is being used for Storm Coaster is this true?

Edited by themagician

• 3 weeks later...

I went over the weekend. From what I can tell, not much has changed. No Fire effects working at all, just lighting and smoke. The water dump also doesn't stop the boats as well

thanks for the update. it is a shame about the fire effects, but I'm glad they have the smoke and water dump working again.

I went to the park yesterday (Sunday 9th). I got there at about 10:30am and saw both cars stopped at both of the top of the two different hills. I saw the people in the higher car getting out at the top and walking down the spiral staircase. Not sure what happened, but I was just glad it wasn't me being asked to walk down those stairs. I also went to Sea World last Monday and was hoping to get a few early rides in before the line developed, unfortunately they said it was closed until 11am as they were waiting for maintenance to fix something. Hopefully these are just issues relating to the ride being so new.

Has anyone been lately? If so, have any more changes been made?

Was at SeaWorld today. Storm was walk on and they were even letting people through the gate from the unload to load platform to ride again.

My wife went on it first and got hit with the water dump, I went on afterwards and no dump occurred, so I am guessing this is still hit and miss.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday Storm Coaster didn't open till after 3pm. I got 2 rides on it then it broke down trapping people up high for a very long time.

post-29205-0-38344200-1394761382_thumb.j

With Sea Viper closed the park got very boring and I had no rides to dry off on (I'm not paying for a locker again!)

post-29205-0-10797300-1394761479_thumb.j

I heard a ride op at Jet Rescue saying that the Sea Viper may get demolished soon as it is getting old and the track is wearing out. It will be sad to see it go but lets hope that if they build a new coaster to replace it it has free storage boxes (like Sea Viper) and doesn't require locker hire.

Edited by Gary86

I heard a ride op at Jet Rescue saying that the Sea Viper may get demolished soon as it is getting old and the track is wearing out. It will be sad to see it go but lets hope that if they build a new coaster to replace it it has free storage boxes (like Sea Viper) and doesn't require locker hire.

It would be sad to see it go as it is a classic ride at the park. I always find it enjoyable when it is open as well. It does seem to be closed a lot lately, so maybe its costing them more. If they get rid of it, they should replace it with a roller coaster, but obviously one with a different track. However they might decide that after all the recent problems with Sea Viper, they might build a entirely new ride.

attachicon.gifseaworld13314 040.JPG

Your own picture shows what is obviously a very concerted maintenance effort. If they're talking "demolition" rather than "removal", then at this point they would not be making any attempts to rectify any issues.

Why waste money on something you're about to knock down?

I'm guessing the netting on the scaff towers is to prevent guests from looking at the light from all the welding that's happening?

Precisely.

News reporting at 4pm this afternoon that Storm broke down with 2 boats on track, one of the lift hill and one prior to the splashdown. As of 5:15 guests were still stuck.

Reports have just come in and they apparently were only stuck there for 30 minutes, but the boats were stuck till after closing. That's what I've heard.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone been on the ride recently? Anymore changes and does the water feel cold now?

ALSO, has anyone got any pictures of the Sea Viper's latest maintenance?

i went on it on monday i dont know if they increased the water height or something but when you hit the splash down now entering the container you get frigging soaked! and yes the water is cold and it was very windy that day made it worse...

Edited by bladex

• 4 years later...
22 minutes ago, dylan_oregan said:

Why was so much money wasted on this.. 20million for such a short ride????? Just why??? 

Doesn’t really matter how long the ride is. A lot of expensive rides are short. Tot only lasts 30 seconds if that.

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force