2014 In Dreamworld - Tail Spin construction, Wipeout refurbishment, Triple Vortex construction

Starting from tomorrow I will no longer post any pictures on this topic Instead I will post them on my new page Hillbilly45 on Facebook :) and yes I will be making a trip to Dreamworld tomorrow since I went to the spin and spew fairground last weekend!

I'll be driving past today, I won't be taking any photos! Also did the fact you are going there tomorrow have to result in two posts in two topics advertising your Facebook page? I know if I was running a page or more I wouldn't be advertising it here to gain interest and traffic. All I will say is good luck, but I think you should take up the offer in Slicks signature, might have more luck gaining attention with a page name like that!

Getting back on topic I was at the park last Sunday rode the Wipeout and will say whilst the ride cycle is somewhat shorter I prefer it due to it more varied elements it has. Really like the diagonal lock and flip over the random twisting it used to do. Great to see the park putting the time and effort getting a ride back to what it was like opening day. Sure the water down the wave isn't there but the return of the water and fountains show they do care and are possibly even listening to people. I will be the one to ask do they really need more water than what it has? The pool might not be full but it has enough to get the desired look the ride needs. For those going on about the water sitting still, if you look in the middle you will notice an outlet where there is water being pumped into the pool from so the water isn't just sitting still.

DREAMWORLD UNVEILS NEW RIDE & SLIDE FOR SEPTEMBER OPENINGS

BIG 9 THRILL RIDE ‘TAIL SPIN’ TO FINISH OFF BRAND NEW OCEAN PARADE

WHITEWATER WORLD REVEALS ‘TRIPLE VORTEX’ THRILL SLIDE

AFTER 20 YEARS OF SERVICE AND 7 MILLION RIDERS NEW WIPEOUT OPENS

Dreamworld and WhiteWater World are proud to reveal detail of their much-anticipated new ride and slide due for launch in September.

TAIL SPIN – Dreamworld’s BIG 9 THRILL RIDE: After much speculation, Dreamworld is pleased to unveil its newest ride called the TAIL SPIN as part of its new OCEAN PARADE development. With 12 rider-operated mini aeroplanes that reach 72 feet into the sky, the TAIL SPIN allows guests to enjoy as much [or as little] thrill as they please with controls that allow riders to spin at their own pace. As the newest addition of Dreamworld’s world-famous THRILL RIDE slate, the TAIL SPIN now officially transforms the Big 8 to Big 9 Thrill Rides alongside the TOWER OF TERROR II, GIANT DROP, BUZZ SAW, CLAW, WIPEOUT, MOTOCOASTER, PANDAMONIUM AND THE CYCLONE ROLLER COASTER.

WIPEOUT RE-OPENS: After 20 years of service and 7 million riders, Dreamworld’s iconic Wipeout will re-open today after undergoing a major facelift. The WIPEOUT’s relaunch is the first installment to Dreamworld’s makeover of OCEAN PARADE, also home to THE CLAW, SHOCK WAVE, FLOWRIDER, CYCLONE and ZOMBIE EVILUTION.

TRIPLE VORTEX: A proud new addition to WhiteWater World will be its newest thrill slide called the TRIPLE VORTEX where guests will be rushed down a 145m tube slide on a 2-person raft, through three funnels.

QUEUE INNOVATIONS TO INCLUDE PARENT SWAP: As part of Dreamworld’s focus on ultimate guest experience, innovations to the current queue systems will be implemented starting with the TAIL SPIN and WIPEOUT including the introduction of a parent swap facility. In addition Dreamworld will be installing the trial of a DW TV system that aims to entertain guests while in the queue.

FOOD & BEVERAGE OUTLETS: Also soon to be revealed are Dreamworld’s plans to invigorate its in-house food offerings to reflect current gourmet and dining trends and further add to the guest experience.

UNLIMITED ENTRY UNTIL JUNE 2015: Dreamworld is currently offering unlimited entry to Dreamworld, WhiteWater World and SkyPoint Observation Deck until June 2015 for only $79.99 Child/Pensioner and $99.99 Adults. (*online only, limited time only). For only a little more than a 1 Day ticket, this offer is great value for families who can now experience all the exciting new developments at Australia’s Biggest Theme Park PLUS enjoy unlimited entry to 3 great attractions until June next year!

Interesting to hear about the que project and "DW TV"

To be honest - when photos are posted on parkz, I look at them. External sites are generally inaccessible to me thanks to overprotective firewalls.

And since I couldn't be bothered to pick up my phone and look it up that way... if they're not on Parkz, i'm not interested in looking.

Just what we did need though - a facebook page for posting theme park photos and updates. Thats a niche market right there and you've filled it! Awesome job!

On to serious topics - DW TV. Didn't they try that in Buzzsaw? Yep - I can see that lasting.

That is basically what parent swap is. Some places in the states go as far as having a little play room to entertain the children but I doubt DW will be doing that. With DW TV, I am worried it will turn into something along the lines of what Six Flags do which is basically a 10 minute loop of ads. I'm interested to see what they do, but really, would it be very different to the attractions loop they used to show in the queues?

Parent swap is a good idea, especially for those visiting with kids and don't have a "non-rider" in the group. I agree the TV in the queue is a bit dated in my opinion most people carry smartphones with a world of entertainment in there hands hands anyway, even for queues where no loose items are allowed surely people can just TALK and enjoy being in each others company. I also think DW will ultimately use the TV's as an advertising medium for ticket upgrades, Q4U, year passes etc.

The bucket funnel, the thomas face - I wonder if they can still mow the school oval while they drive around? Of course - the Checkerplate trailer just screams "train ride" to me.

I do like the "grate" descriptions they've got too. Apart from the train, it seems like its a nice mobile carnival effort... just a shame the website wasn't given such attention!