2015 in Dreamworld - ABC Kids World, V8 Supercars and more

Reanimated35

I'm actually surprised about the ABC announcement. With wiggles world, dreamworks experience, how many more kids attractions do they need?

And yes! Ocean parade does look good

Surely with the amount of money they have been spending recently a new cyclone train would be not too expensive, especially concidering how much if would improve the ride.

I'm actually surprised about the ABC announcement. With wiggles world, dreamworks experience, how many more kids attractions do they need?

And yes! Ocean parade does look good

Surely with the amount of money they have been spending recently a new cyclone train would be not too expensive, especially concidering how much if would improve the ride.

Realise Dreamworks experience is the family area. The ABC area is targeting the same age market as the Wiggles area is.

OK, so Dreamworld said that there would be 2 BIG new attractions opening in 2015. I wanna know if the revamp of Zombie Evilution counts as big.

I think ABC area is obviously one of the new attractions, but is there still possibility that something else is coming? (Was kinda hoping for 10th thrill ride)

Also, I hope that if they do a V8s thing, it will be something better than RedLine (possibly even a ride rather than a simulator).

Zombie Evilution is not being re-vamped. It has 2 modes - scare maze & laser tag. Once the upcoming Screamworld is done it will no doubt return to laser tag mode

The new V8 attraction really hasn't had any credible info leak about it so no-one really knows if it is just an Update/replacement to redline or a completely new attraction.

I know this sort of goes against the grain, but does anyone else miss some of the beach theming from the Wipeout? The rehab has really done wonders for the ride, but I feel it looks a bit more like a generic pool than a beach. A little bit of sand in the corners between the viewing platform and end of the pool couldn't do much harm, could it?

^I don't miss it. i think it looks perfectly fine - from a beach perspective we've got a giant wave and surfboards, with REAL WATER!

The sand isn't a major loss, it allows non-riders the chance to get CLOSER to the action, and by not having sand in the area, it minimises the amount of sand that gets blown out across the pathways that then needs to be cleaned up.

I really like their current look - the decking is more like a boardwalk or pier out beside the beach. You don't need sand to make it 'beachy'.

Popped into Dreamworld today briefly (yeah, I know, we ended up visiting all theme parks today lmfao) and nothing major to report...

- Wipeout is back up and running after getting annual maintenance.

- River Rapids is now closed for annual maintenance.

- Vintage Cars is back to being closed weekdays and open on weekends only :/

- RC boats have *finally* been removed from the entrance fountain (yay!) and a garden appears to be being added around it's outskirts. There was a guy in there re painting the interior. Looks like they may finally be restoring the fountain to it's former glory, which is good news :)

- Section of pathway between MDMC and Wiggles World (along the waterfront) is barricaded off, with a fresh smell of asphalt coming from inside. Unused shop between MDMC food outlet and toilet is barricaded off as well. Signs around staying something new is on the way, along with lots of "ABCkids coming this July" signs in the area (as per the recent announcement)

- Goldie the eagle is as awesome as ever :)

Oh, and of course it's Stormtrooper weekend this coming weekend:

post-1477-0-65469500-1432132819_thumb.jp

Am I planning to attend? Hell yeah ???

Edited by OceanGirl

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see some of the older rides getting some much needed TLC! Happy to hear they have fixed up River Rapids and added some new scenery. Hopefully they do the same for the Log Ride now :)

So with the entrance fountain, are they actually intending to re-add any actual fountains or is it just a big artificial pond now? ? Either way, I'm glad they removed the RC boats out of it. Those things didn't belong there to begin with ?

More photos from yesterday.

A shipping container near Reef Diver.

DSC00059.thumb.JPG.91a387c2860f97389e29e

Dreamworld's new Swamp Adventure Boat Ride:P

DSC00050.thumb.JPG.d9c5da9a4022a9d6a3a78

The water outside the Billabong Restaurant is kept clean with this...DSC00053.thumb.JPG.3d85e92ac27a8b4686ceb

...but this water is not connected to the river which causes plant growth and slimeDSC00055.thumb.JPG.bdbaf0ccaea39a3f6ceb7...

DSC00054.thumb.JPG.34eb2341fa8e31cc5faf1

This old hearse looks great but shouldn't it be outside the undertaker. I didn't know that vending machines were around in the old Gold Rush!

DSC00065.thumb.JPG.69edc3225de1f50576ea3DSC00066.thumb.JPG.5dc3c74156f1b23d5a7ea

I'm king of the world

DSC00070.thumb.JPG.45b0168793bc44f01d916

We do apologise but we don't feel like hiring staff on weekdays to open this attraction. Please come on the weekend and enjoy all the lines so you may buy a fast pass $$$

DSC00072.thumb.JPG.79324704b4bb2cd62ee4e