Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion

rappa

I'm at Dreamworld today, I had a chat with a staff member who said they had a meeting where they discussed new attractions, and that eureka will receive a revamp either this year or next. They also said the cyclone will be recieving a much needed reprint and new train. Good news!

If this is indeed true, then all I can say is....

3q1xwk.jpg.thumb.gif.a26745fed2f0a68d8a1

Happy days :D:D:D

But why would V8s be going through mines and caves?

Because miners love V8’s.  You drive though a mining town and you normally find a HSV dealership.  This make me think that Holden or Ford are behind the revival of this ride to sell more cars and we know Dreamworld loves getting into bed with other companies to save a buck.  Example Mushrooms around log ride = Campbell’s Mushroom Soap.  I don't know if this still happens but I do remember that back in the 80's every ride at Dreamworld had a sponsor.

Edited by skeetafly

I doubt that Dreamworld would put a V8 attraction in gold rush, but then again, stranger things have happened. 

I just think the reason Dreamworld hasn't announced anything is that eureka's opening isn't set in stone, but I really do believe something is going to happen, this year or next

Yeah, I was joking, I wouldn't believe DW would do something that stupid. Oh wait no, motocoaster happened already. 

I think what they might trying to do with Eureka is get a bit of speculation and suspense before actually announcing anything. They also could possibly come against some issues while trying to restore it, and cancelling the refurbishment after they've announced it would shatter the hearts of many Eureka fans. And of course, what you said, that no-one's really sure when it's gonna open either just yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at DW 2 weeks ago and noticed that the mine cart in the old unload station had moved threw to the loading station so something being done with it for sure, but it won't have anything to do with redline. It has nothing to do with the town of gold rush look on the bright side redline it not the first thing you see in ocean parade and if you don't go down where the cyclone is you won't know that anything is out of place. The mine ride could be themed to a none gold mine or something cause the name of gold rush country was changed to town of gold rush after the buzzsaw was built but at least we might know that eureka is finally going to be used again can't say the same for the old skylink chairlift.:D

I was at DW 2 weeks ago and noticed that the mine cart in the old unload station had moved threw to the loading station so something being done with it for sure, but it won't have anything to do with redline. It has nothing to do with the town of gold rush look on the bright side redline it not the first thing you see in ocean parade and if you don't go down where the cyclone is you won't know that anything is out of place. The mine ride could be themed to a none gold mine or something cause the name of gold rush country was changed to town of gold rush after the buzzsaw was built but at least we might know that eureka is finally going to be used again can't say the same for the old skylink chairlift.:D

Firstly Ashley welcome! But can I just ask is this speculation or do you have proof about what you have stated?

Well I won't say I have solid prove but I can say DW theming eureka mine ride to redline would be pretty silly I know that they have done strange stuff in the past but this strange I don't think so.

I have asked DW themselves about mine ride and it closed because it would cost a lot of dollars to fix up it's not that they wanted it to close it was very un-predictable so seeing there doing testing on the ride we know that there probably going to do something with it. They wouldn't be testing just to get people talking cause people have been talking about it for ages as it's been SDNO since 2006. 

So Ashley, the reason Will asked you that question is because you didn't really quantify what you were saying. 

So after reading your reply, it seems like what you've said is your speculation, and opinion.

It seems like you're headed in the right direction... but its still speculation nonetheless.

• 1 month later...
  • Richard changed the title to Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion