Eureka Mountain Mine Ride reopening discussion

rappa

6 hours ago, Ashley said:

I'm probably just going out on a limp here, but do think Dreamworld might still have plans for eureka and not full demolition like we think.

I'm going to say DW might still have plans for a new Eureka Mountain Mine Ride but the original ride & mountain theming as it is will be demolished when Thunder River Rapids is removed.

1 hour ago, bladex said:

i have a feeling gold rush won't be there at all soon.

I'd be up for a completely different theme for the area, like sci-fi or something equally unusual. Wouldn't be too hard to make Buzzsaw sci-fi, it's already pretty alien looking, plus they could change the Eureka Mountain into a crashed meteor or something!

I see no reason for it to stay there, even if they build a brand new Gold Rush, the Eureka mountain sits over TRRR, they'll likely both come down, with Skylift station as well. It'll cost less for the contractor to pull it all out in one job.

I'll miss the ride, it was awesome. Loved the run out of the mountain and implying you'd go flying into TRRR's lake, loved the dips and cutbacks. I just can't see it staying SBNO if there's major demolition in that themed area.

Edited by Glubbo
clarity

And truth be told, it just ISNT that iconic, for mine. Get rid of it and have the entire area to start anew. This way it can be completely refreshed without any ties to the past which may disturb lingering bad memories. Its best for the park, the victims families and a new area is best for the Dreamworld visitor. Win Win.

11 hours ago, AlexB said:

^Not that hard to put up a facade more fitting with whatever new theme is applied to the area, than to leave a mountain and a hulk of a derelict ride standing for the sake of theme.

I agree & I did say I think the mountain/ride is guaranteed demolition now. I did speculate them re-building the mountain/ride though.

13 hours ago, Jamberoo Fan said:

I just would find it odd if the Dreamworld Cinema had all it's exterior walls themed except the huge white back exterior wall.

Interesting given that's exactly how it was for quite a few years before Gold Rush County came along. 

This ride is definitely cactus now, which is sad given how much ongoing interest it's had over the past 18 months. Provided the Log Ride is also likely to close up permanantly, that's a huge parcel of land that's ripe for a major redevelopment. So many cool things you could build while creating a new, more cohesive theme that integrates Giant Drop and Buzzsaw more eloquently in the process.

38 minutes ago, Slick said:

Interesting given that's exactly how it was for quite a few years before Gold Rush County came along. 

I know but I've never seen what it would look like back pre-1986 from the point of view of the walkway between Rocky Hollow & Central Park Station. For all I know, they may have hidden it with trees along that walkway until Eureka Mountain was built. As I've only ever seen it covered by Eureka Mountain as a means of hiding it, that's why I would find it odd - I expect some sort of theming to replace Eureka Mountain when it's demolished.

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

• 3 weeks later...