Ideas For The Old Sea Viper Space

I imagine the footprint couldn't be huge, so a Premier Sky Rocket (like Tempesto or Discovery Kingdom's Superman) might be a good fit. 

As for a B&M - something like Daemonen at Tivoli Gardens would probably fit in that space (it's a great ride too!).

It'd be good if they could squeeze in a coaster and a family flat ride (*cough* pirate ship) into that area, to help the guest traffic spread out around the park a little more.

SW has a height limit. I doubt they would allow something 150 ft. . .

Djrappa mentioned a spinner, and while I think he's right that a spinner would totally fit the park, I really think what's needed is a high end thrill coaster.  Corkscrew when it was built, and debatably most of its life was that.  Storm and Jet Resuce already have that family thrill ride thing down pretty good, it's the 'Wow we HAVE to go to Sea World to ride that' which the park is missing IMHO.

Also all those families who visit for the animals?  Don't worry the animals will still be there, you won't lose them if you built something crazy.

Edited by joz

^I could agree more Joz. Something WOW, iconic, off the chart thrilling - but wouldn'tit be perfect if they could fit it's aesthetics to be "seaside pier" the way Cal' Screamin' does...

Develop the whole area to 'seaside boardwalk' and put in a nice intamin looper. Sure it's not 'out of this world' amazeballs, but you'd probably get something to fit within the height limit, a nice "out and back" footprint to take advantage of all the back of house space, themed with the 'wooden coaster' look... it's perfect, and an icon for the skyline.

Then later you can install Toy Story Mania, MaliBoomer and... meh - why not - California Adventure works, why not?

Develop the whole area to 'seaside boardwalk' and put in a nice intamin looper. Sure it's not 'out of this world' amazeballs, but you'd probably get something to fit within the height limit, a nice "out and back" footprint to take advantage of all the back of house space, themed with the 'wooden coaster' look... it's perfect, and an icon for the skyline.

I think the Sea Viper area is too small to fit in something like that. Surely you could also fit it into part of the reclaimed land and the old Pirate Ship area.

^And this is based on what? have you checked the sizes? Or are you talking out your ass as usual?

You may not get the exact layout, but you'd be pretty close to having something of similar size and length.

While you pull your foot out of your mouth - I'll do the hard work for you:

calscreamin.thumb.png.c9e0a0e75d6b27b479

I've used nearmap for the SW image as it shows the current level of reclaimed land. Google is still way too old to rely on.

Unfortunately nearmap doesn't give me access to USA maps with my account, so good old google will have to do. The images are not to the same scale, but it is fairly clear to see that they have a similar space available. One end could even overlap Jet Rescue's first loop too.

... and now that my multiquote is working again - to illustrate my point...

I agree, the GC are heavy on coasters, but the fact of the matter is that this is what the public want. A new rollercoaster purchased for less than $10m (even a one-trick pony) is a far stronger marketing device than a flat.

Nah an iconic  coaster was torn down. Its only fitting that something similar replaces it.  

Oh and Sea World does need a coaster.  

Nope - a coaster is a requirement in the SW master plan moving forward. Something Iconic as Joz said to replace what was once.

(Ok I meant Jobe there, not Joz)

I found that this was the best way to see what the park needs. 

<image removed>

• I would very much enjoy an iconic coaster for the Med-High Thrill gap. The dream would be for a B&M, but regardless, something that is more thrilling in nature then Jet Rescue or Storm. Maybe a Eurofighter?

You people! What is wrong with you? How could you say no to roller coasters?

I disagree. More roller coasters = More successful parks on the Gold Coast. We have a few coasters already, only some of which I would consider world class. What is the harm in getting a few more? In what way will having more coasters do harm to the parks?

I really think what's needed is a high end thrill coaster.

The defence rests Your Honor.

They removed Pirate ship and put in a coaster, they removed Bermuda and put in a coaster...  They have 3 adult / family rides and 2 are coasters...

5 people in these forums say it needs a coaster...  Of the 387 most active users...  So 1.3% of the most active people on a theme park enthusiast website say they need another coaster...  Great defence...

Sea World  needs more rides for adults,  like  a rollercoaster, dark ride or some flats. There is only 3 rides at the moment and ony 2 that are good.

No one is saying that Seaworld doesn't need 2 or 3 quality flats. I agree wholeheartedly with this. However, a ride as iconic as Corkscrew NEEDS to be replaced with a coaster that will similarly become as famous as its predecessor. This ultimately means a coaster of some form. What that form may take is open to speculation, but the fact is that Seaworld needs to find a suitable replacement for its most enduring ride. The point is that Corkscrew helped make Seaworld what it is today. It would be a miscalculation if the powers that be did not install a coaster to fill the skyline in the same way that Corkscrew did successfully for 32 years

Now if within this footprint room for 2 quality flat rides can be found, then this will be a win win situation.

I personally would love to see an Intamin Megalite or something similar from Mack go here. 

As I stated before, the removal of Corkscrew has freed up a large tract land. Seaworld has not had this much land to work with since Jet Rescue was installed. Lets hope they make some very calculated decisions regarding the best use of this space as it will impact the park for years to come.

I am definitely hoping that sanity prevails and a coaster is the choice,

It needs to be something modern and record-breaking for Australia. Naybe a multi launch coaster, but actually a thrilling one. Height limit make sit hard to create thrills with a lift hill, unless they go the Gerstlauer/S&S path, which would be silly given Movie World/DreamWorld already have small scale high thrill rides.

It needs to be something modern and record-breaking for Australia. Naybe a multi launch coaster, but actually a thrilling one. Height limit make sit hard to create thrills with a lift hill, unless they go the Gerstlauer/S&S path, which would be silly given Movie World/DreamWorld already have small scale high thrill rides.

Modern? Yes. Record-Breaking? Not necessarily. 

I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I find that coasters that are designed with the goal of breaking records end up being a little lacklustre. Take TOT for example. It just feels a little bit bland. Nothing really happens. 

I would much rather see Sea World put some thought into a design, and if it breaks a record or two it can do so. I just don't want to see a half-assed cash grab of a ride to replace what used to be an icon of the Gold Coast

Modern? Yes. Record-Breaking? Not necessarily. 

I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I find that coasters that are designed with the goal of breaking records end up being a little lacklustre. Take TOT for example. It just feels a little bit bland. Nothing really happens. 

I would much rather see Sea World put some thought into a design, and if it breaks a record or two it can do so. I just don't want to see a half-assed cash grab of a ride to replace what used to be an icon of the Gold Coast

I don't really mean record-breaking, that was badly expressed. I meant more like a completely different and unique design to the Gold Coast that features some new elements. E.G. A Wing coaster and other B&Ms, Flying coaster...

I'd love to see an Intamin Mega-Lite - they are just slightly taller than Corkscrew (28m vs 31m), so is within the realm of possibility of being within Sea Worlds height limit. They are super thrilling (I'd easily rate them in my top 10) whilst not looking particularly intimidating to bystanders.  If it can be worked to fit around the monorail, I think there is enough space just on the south end of the Corkscrew plot to fit one in...

Mega Lite Seaworld.jpg

I still say something like this would be an incredibly good fit for Sea World.

It's not a dark ride, per-se, and thus doesn't need a large new structure (just maybe a small shed and a few "scenary" structures). But it's at least equal to a dark ride in my opinion, in that it provides a truly immersive adventure experience.

Sea World already has the waterways for the boat to operate on, and the animatronic sharks would be a perfect tie-in with Creatures of the Deep.

The ex- Sea Viper land could be used for the building, background scenary structures, and exit shop.

It would be fairly inexpensive to build, and suitable for the guests of all ages (except for very young kids who could find it too scary, but there will be plenty for them with the new kids area).

Perfect, surely.