'World Best' Attraction coming to VRTP

Brad2912

There is merit to the idea of a 'staff entrance' - there is currently a passage backstage on the 'down street' end of Roxy. With some of the theories we've spitballed about a new attraction or precinct going out the front near Stars Cafe - relocating that passage to the courtyard behind Rick's would be the first step in repurposing the front area.....

On 1/26/2016 at 16:26, pin142 said:

It is clearly where they will be taking unattended children and selling them off to the circus :P

Well that suits the DC faction of the park. If memory serves me right in Batman #0 (Court of Owls) the circus was how the court found every Talon.

#CourtOfOwlsRideConfirmed2K16

I feel odd having to say this, but there is no ride being crammed in that small area where the international Dining Room is.  

I'd also be fairly comfortable in speculating that Aardent management know what Village is doing, and Village management know what Aardent are doing.  The only people who don't are the public, and I'm going to laugh so hard when the announcement gets made.

1 hour ago, joz said:

I feel odd having to say this, but there is no ride being crammed in that small area where the international Dining Room is.  

I'd also be fairly comfortable in speculating that Aardent management know what Village is doing, and Village management know what Aardent are doing.  The only people who don't are the public, and I'm going to laugh so hard when the announcement gets made.

No one at ardent has any idea what VRTP has planned, and besides the steam train returning somewhat full time at easter which I explained in that thread , I can assure you no one at VRTP knows what Ardent has planned huge year for DW and WWW

P.S Ardent is one A not two.

Edited by www worker 2.0

Last time I checked you are www worker, not www or ardent manager, you speak with a lot of confidence for someone who likely has no clue. 

When I worked for Ardent in a different side to the theme parks I knew what was coming up 12+ months in advance at DW. I can assure you VRTP is very aware of what is planned and vice versa, that's part of every competitive business environment - knowing your opposition and being a step ahead of them.

On 26/1/2016 at 20:12, AlexB said:

There is merit to the idea of a 'staff entrance' - there is currently a passage backstage on the 'down street' end of Roxy. With some of the theories we've spitballed about a new attraction or precinct going out the front near Stars Cafe - relocating that passage to the courtyard behind Rick's would be the first step in repurposing the front area.....

The photos look like they havent moved anything though, only pulled down the face of the wall and put in new stud work. You can partially see it in the photos, but I don't know if anyone has noticed lately, the courtyard is looking really dirty and pretty run down. The brick work is stained and the awnings over the bar and the dining room look especially bad. Most of the palm fronds had rotted away and left a whole bunch of this nasty looking black stuff (maybe mold?) behind. After spending money on the kitchens and dining room, probably due for renovations to bring the exterior up to standard. If it was actually cleaned up and utilised, its a good place to escape people and have a break at lunch as not a lot of people seem to know the courtyard is there.

It might look like it, but I don't think there is any space in the area behind stars. The few small buildings along the park wall look like the type you house plant equipment in (concrete blocks, open ventilation, etc). If that is the case, it's a MAJOR pain in the arse to move and is usually a last case resort because wherever you move the building to requires new runs for services. You cant just switch it off, so you need to put other equipment in place to temporary service whatever its connected to, but it also means ripping up paved surfaces for new cable runs and pipes. Assuming you can even move them, because some things like substations have exclusion zones where things can't be built in/around them.

It happens with every business, but it always makes me wonder. How? If all this stuff is supposed to be secretive and not made public, it's not like one CEO calls the other on a Friday going "yeah Jim, we're about to spend $20 million doing this new cool thing, here's the details. What have you got going on?"

• Richard locked and unlocked this topic
On 29 January 2016 at 19:21, red dragin said:

Bored at work and noticed on TPR that someone said that Mack are responsible for this new roller-coaster.

Any truth to that rumour? 

If that happens, and it's anything like helix at liseberg, then Australia really WILL finally have an *incredible* coaster. I do indeed hope it's mack, i LIKE that rumour!!