2016 for Movie World

As someone who is familiar with this area of design/projects, that design for the carpark in that space is relatively good, with good amounts of vegetation, and hopefully the sound pollution isn't too bad for residents. I do agree that there are a couple of points which seem like they could be vegetation, or open, to provide easier movement. And Kopps Rd would need some modifications/upgraded to deal with the large volume of traffic that could be passing in and out of the car park. After seeing this now, it has changed my opinion on the idea.

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Somewhere in the world, an alarm just went off in Push's study that a hot word has been detected in the forums...

Thought my Monorail comment might flush him out B)

For the record I've got no problem with Push or his passions (as a train person I have no right to throw stones :P)  just being light hearted. 

Edited by red dragin

12 minutes ago, bladex said:

i've seen 2 residents (3 blocks down from me) get a mcdonalds shut down because the drive thru was going to be right at their back fences. so it can happen if people complain enough to the council

About 300 of us petitioned and lodged submissions to reject the building of a McDonalds that opened recently for many reasons and it was summarily ignored by council. Why? Well, when certain parties have a vested interest in the development and also serve in... public office, the people don't have a chance in hell. 

Money walks... We all know the rest.

MW - I just wish they'd bring the backlot tour back. That was fun and a different experience. 

On a different topic sort of - has anyone ever seen WWF empty of water and any pics? Thanks

16 minutes ago, UpperCoomera said:

About 300 of us petitioned and lodged submissions to reject the building of a McDonalds that opened recently for many reasons and it was summarily ignored by council. Why? Well, when certain parties have a vested interest in the development and also serve in... public office, the people don't have a chance in hell. 

Hope it wasn't the newly opened one at Pimpama.. Haha

11 hours ago, themagician said:

No, as the fence is so far back, you can't get a good view of the ride, but I'd imagine it would've been drained for maintenance.

If only I had a drone! :-D

I wonder if anyone at Movieworld would welcome a request for some pics? I might try and see how I go. Probably have a better chance asking them to include Kenny & Belinda in their parade

Height of trees along residential boundaries.

1.PNG

The proposed development incorporates detailed landscaping to protect and enhance visual amenity outcomes, including a minimum five (5) metre vegetated buffer where the parking station adjoins sensitive land uses

Application conditions guests and staff will utilise existing pedestrian infrastructure to walk

between the parking station and the adjoining Village Roadshow Theme Parks. (from application)

2.PNG

Plan also shows future culvert to be built in another stage.

Culverts are  built for stormwater but can be for a pedestrian link

4.PNG

This is not MW culvert.

Edited by skeetafly

On 26 May 2016 at 7:23 PM, Zanstabar said:

Forgot to add this into my original post, and Im sorry for the lack of quality, but I saw this while I was at the park. Any clues as to what it could be?

IMG_1295.jpg

Anyone else notice the videos of this up around the park now? Has anyone used it? What are your thoughts?

Edited by Slick

15 minutes ago, Slick said:

Anyone else notice the videos of this up around the park now? Has anyone used it? What are your thoughts?

So close to using it yesterday but opted for a hot dog instead. Seems easy to use. Don't like the ad being played back to back though as it gets a bit pushy, we get it, it's available, maybe stick another ad between them :P

I've only seen a couple of ads for the app around the park, but I think it will become really useful once it's available at all 3 parks and more food stores are available. If this service does become popular, they could maybe even take it to the next level and use it in their retail stores, where you can select an item you want through the app, pay for it, and then when in the park you can go to the counter and collect your item.

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

gee that voice over on the video is annoying as hell!

*Disclaimer - I know who it is, and I haven't even seen\heard it yet. Just teasing because I know who it is.

I have to agree. If the execs read this, that voice over is terrible. Almost made me run screaming from the park. Fortunately I found some churros to stick in my ears to block it out. That worked until a crow stole my churro, then the voice came back. 

10 minutes ago, themagician said:

When I was there on Friday I didn't notice any videos, where are they?

Pretty sure it only went live on the weekend. screens around gotham burgers but pretty sure we'll see it closer to the front soon. (i'm just guessing based on what i've heard\read)

9 minutes ago, reanimated35 said:

I have to agree. If the execs read this, that voice over is terrible. Almost made me run screaming from the park. Fortunately I found some churros to stick in my ears to block it out. That worked until a crow stole my churro, then the voice came back. 

Careful, you might get a nasty cinnamon-sugar inner-ear infection.

^Which reminds me of the almost complete wrap we observed being stolen out of a guests hands lakeside at Sea World a few weeks back.

46 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Pretty sure it only went live on the weekend. screens around gotham burgers but pretty sure we'll see it closer to the front soon. 

The only thing new advertising it on Friday was a poster on one of the ticket booths saying about the app.

I'm interested to here this now, if anyone is at the park in the near future, would they be able to be brave enough to record the sound and post it on here please.

1 hour ago, reanimated35 said:

Trust you to take the joke meta @reanimated35 ;)