2016 for Movie World

17 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

With DD being added does anyone think we will see this being added into MW's Mini driving school?

I'm going to say no. And that's the main problem with going with the silly 'mini Movie World' theme for the driving school. It's very unlikely it's going to evolve as the park does. I mean the theming is terrific, but they could have gone with any theme and still executed it well. A timeless one would have made more sense logistically.

Check this article out!!! 

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/entertainment/a-35-million-topgolf-facility-at-movie-world-is-just-the-beginning-of-a-revolutionary-plan/news-story/58c224b24d436d5f0a0a0e3d0270ef17

To quote from this article... 

"It's just the beginning of a massive plan to revolutionise entertainment on the Gold Coast, with VRL to make a “huge” announcement in the next 60 days. Topgolf is just one component of a multifaceted plan,” Village Roadshows CEO Tim Fischer said." We will announce it within the next 60 days but I can say that it is of significant gross capital cost."

... Could this finally be the new rollercoaster announcement we have all been eagerly waiting for??? ????

I think it might be. I originally thought it would be the hotel or lakeside precinct. But then the article said This:

image.png

So i think it could be either a roller coaster or a entertainment precinct. But they are really trying to make it a great location by the 2018 commonwealth games.

Edited by Tim Dasco

I'm putting my money on the new announcement being for the new cabin accommodation. If you look at the old faithful site you can see the make decision date is the 13/07/2016.  This might also include an announcement for the hotel.  I also have a fuzzy feeling the new golf addition will be the centre of a bigger precinct.

Edited by skeetafly

On 24/06/2016 at 8:12 AM, Theme Park Girl said:

Check this article out!!! 

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/entertainment/a-35-million-topgolf-facility-at-movie-world-is-just-the-beginning-of-a-revolutionary-plan/news-story/58c224b24d436d5f0a0a0e3d0270ef17

To quote from this article... 

"It's just the beginning of a massive plan to revolutionise entertainment on the Gold Coast, with VRL to make a “huge” announcement in the next 60 days. Topgolf is just one component of a multifaceted plan,” Village Roadshows CEO Tim Fischer said." We will announce it within the next 60 days but I can say that it is of significant gross capital cost."

... Could this finally be the new rollercoaster announcement we have all been eagerly waiting for??? ????

as i have said before hope not

the only park on the gold coast that needs a new rollercoaster is dreamworld

movie world and seaworld already have and dont need anymore rollercoasters

48 minutes ago, JeffreyMoore said:

as i have said before hope not

the only park on the gold coast that needs a new rollercoaster is dreamworld

movie world and seaworld already have and dont need anymore rollercoasters

So in one thread, you talk about how a flat ride isn't going to get you to buy a pass, but here you say you don't want a new rollercoaster (something which by far is the main reason most people would buy a pass)...

What do you want? a Dark ride or a Walkthrough? (LOL) or a Walkthrough Darkride about a monorail?