Topgolf attraction coming to the Gold Coast

rac2703

I usually prefer to stay near MW and DW, like on Hope Island, but I think Village Roadshow will make it worth our while to stay there. Maybe there'll be early entry to MW and discount packages to AOS or Topgolf. Throw in animal encounters, good theming and transport and they'll be able to charge a fortune.

Anyone read @Slick's review of the presidential suites at Sea World? Classy.

Edited by iwerks

When the town centre opens at Coomera it will open up a lot more food & entertainment options at the northern end of the Coast, and make the area more of a destination area away from Surfers, and a likely more family attractive option. 

1 hour ago, bladex said:

how many balls do you think a family of 5 will hit in one hour? and once you hour is up that's it it's either pay for more hours or GTFO.

as i said driving range for yuppies

and movies lol who goes to movies these days we wait till it's on on brd and watch it in peace we can even take maccas in there and eat it. :lol:

I don't think you get it.

your run of the mill driving range doesn't attract corporate dollars or functions, it doesn't offer wet weather cover, it doesn't offer comfort, it doesn't offer shade. 

That isn't catering for yuppies, I'd say it caters for everyone. 

As for who goes to cinemas, most people? Don't know many people that wait for a home release to check out an anticipated movie.

8 minutes ago, bladex said:

and all that not worth $20-50 an hour too expensive just for hitting a damn ball!

Wow, a negative score for a disagreement. Haha. 

How petty. 

You have your opinion, I have mine, but having personally seen how popular these style ranges are interstate, and in Brisbane, I can assure you you will be mightily surprised by how popular it will be

Just now, bladex said:

peeps do that all the time to me get used to it.

I doubt people click dislike simply for disagreeing with you. If that was the case 50% of all posts would have negatives on here 

You probably get them because you use words like 'peeps' and your posts lack substance... 

Anyways, I had to get a negative 1 day! It's finally come! Haha. 

13 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I doubt people click dislike simply for disagreeing with you. If that was the case 50% of all posts would have negatives on here 

You probably get them because you use words like 'peeps' and your posts lack substance... 

Anyways, I had to get a negative 1 day! It's finally come! Haha. 

you actually had a -1 before in the Doomsday topic when you were talking about wristbands not sure if you knew,

Edited by The_Ninja_59

I just can't believe some of the stupid close minded self centered posts in this thread!

The good news is that all of you saying how shit this is are in no way its target market. 

Top Gold is one of the fastest growing entertainment destinations in the US. It's meant for socializing and fun (which seems to be a bit of a foreign concept here) with a bit of wacking of a Golf Ball for a laugh thrown in. It's no more Golf than Putt Putt is. 

As for it being a rip off for mansion dwellers, beside that being a real bogan thing to say, there is a MASSIVE market for this. It's not yuppies, it's cashed up tourists and young people with disposable  income. 

If it's not for you because you're a theme park nerd (nothing wrong with that) then as a theme park enthusiasts surely you can see what a great move and investment this is for VRTP which means more cash to buy you more rides. 

One thing enthusiasts do is lose site of the big picture and only worry about what is important to their own interests. That's a bad thing. 

I can't wait to have TG to go to myself. It will be awesome for tourists and locals alike. If we want a massive entertainment precinct then we need to cater to all sorts of folks. 

As for $35m. You've got land prep, site works, infrastructure, licensing, the facility itself, massive amounts of AV and Tech. I can't see that easily costing that much. 

Given the choice between this and a regular golf driving range I am in this giving this a try group. Getting together with a group of people and relaxing at a place like this sounds more fun than going to a normal driving range. Who goes out and sees movies these days? I do, movies were meant to be watched on a large screen with decent sound setup. Things like IMAX and Dolby Cinema aren't something you can replicate at home. People keep comparing this to bowling. I see the same thing, I am happy to go to a standard AMF for a few games as it is cheaper than somewhere like Strike (plus it is more BYO gear friendly), but that doesn't mean I would never step foot in somewhere like a Strike bowling bar or put up the opposition to going somewhere that offers a more social environment if a group of my friends were interested.

Will say I am willing to meet up with a group of people from here once it opens to see what it is like.

Matt Preston from Masterchef has said Brisbane is the one city where you arrive at the restaurant and have drinks at the bar, then get your table for your meal, then return to the bar after dinner. 

I find this is exactly what happens in places like this, or Strike. You'll arrange to meet your friends there at 6:00. Nobody will have thought to book ahead so it'll be 7:00 before you get your tee. There's an hour of drinks/snacks sales. You'll order finger food to arrive while you have the tee plus more drinks during the game. After you're done, some will leave but many will stay on and have more drinks.

Building this at the Village Precinct seems like the best place to put it. If they either convince state government or chip in to have the G:Link continued from Helensvale station over through the precinct, I can see this area becoming a great place to be. Throw in a bar within the hotel then you've got a holiday destination in one location. Fly into Coolangatta and grab the bus or tram once they extend it that far, check in to the hotel and grab a drink at the bar, a round at TopGolf then hit the hay. Day two is all day at Movieworld with AOS afterwards, and a bar to go to for drinks after the show. Day three at Wet n Wild and then a quiet night in because that day is always draining. Day four at Sea World on your way out (SW might need luggage lockers or something)

On 24/06/2016 at 7:51 PM, RossL said:

[snip]

If they're going to have a hotel, they need entertainment options, particularly at night.  This is part of that solution and I think a bit more exciting than just building a cinema or bowling alley.  Realistically MovieWorld and DreamWorld are in the middle of nowhere with nothing around them, not that tourist friendly outside of just the parks themselves.  They need to build in other things to do.  I get the impression other shopping and restaurants will be built along with the hotel.  (Think Universal CityWalk or a Downtown Disney but not on that scale.)

[snip]

Yep, the CityWalk/Downtown is slowly coming for both MW and DW, and they should have been built years ago. Cinemas, Restaurants, & Bowling All TopGolf.