Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback

Theme Park Girl

4 hours ago, AllegroCrab said:

Depends what you mean by 'wristy' ;)

How can you get 2.4 negative Gs on Doomsday? When talking about G forces on the body in rides, vehicles, spacecraft etc. positive Gs are downwards (head to toe) and negative is upwards (toe to head).

Max negative Gs you could get on Doomsday is 1, and that's if the ride stops while upside down. Unless the whole structure accelerated upwards at 1.4Gs while the riders were upside down, you would never be able to feel 2.4Gs from toe to head.

Don't forget, 3 negative Gs generally results in bleeding of the eyeballs ;) 

Super impressed with the area having just walked through it, the quality of theming is great, the interactive elements all add to the experience. DD looks great up close, couldn't ride as was riding solo with Mr 3 year old but will head back in before work next week for an early bird ride. 

I was watching Janine's live stream on her FB page earlier today of the new area, one thing that caught my interest was Fast Video, seeing I have a year Fast Photo pass, can you use your Fast Photo pass for this new service or do you need to buy one? 

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

4 minutes ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

I was watching Janine's live stream on her FB page earlier today of the new area, one thing that caught my interest was Fast Video, seeing I have a year Fast Photo pass, can you use your Fast Photo pass for this new service or do you need to buy one? 

Don't think so, we were told our fast photo was for all rides except for Batwing and Doomsday.

1 hour ago, Theme Park Ninja said:

I asked the lady in the shop and she said you can use fast photo for doomsday so who knows. 

So I had a look at Theme Park Girl's Facebook live video from the launch of Super Villains Unleashed and I have to say I am beyond impressed. The precinct looks particularly amazing at night with all of the facade windows lit up and just a great general atmosphere. While the area is quite small, I think in terms of concept, theming and particularly interactive elements, it is one of the more impressive theme park precincts I have ever seen. While somewhere like the Harry Potter zone at IOA has clearly set a benchmark for this type of experience, I would say that this area certainly rivals it in terms of the interactivity, creativity and functionality of the various elements. I reckon kids are going to go absolutely nuts for this area. Huge congrats to Village Roadshow and the bosses and team at Movie world!

Edited by GoGoBoy

Doomsday Destroyer/Supervillains Unleashed Area Review:

Lived up to all my expectations, exceeding some. It’s a really great area. I’ll run through some of the pros and cons of the area.

Pros:

• Doomsday Destroyer is a great ride. It’s not scary or intense (at least for me), it’s just a lot of fun really.
  • The loose items procedure for DD, although sounding complicated initially for me, works really well
  • It’s a great capacity ride and spread out crowds from the main DC section - queues were generally pretty short
  • The sculptures have fantastic detail, especially the larger ones like Poison Ivy and Grodd
  • Theming in the area overall is definitely up there with Universal and Disney-level theming
  • Effects are all fantastic and working well
  • Many easter eggs around the area if you’re into comics

Cons:

• The loading procedure for DD is a bit weird - you’re asked to stand behind a colour and then you’re expected to remember it and find the same coloured seat while boarding. While it makes loading quicker and works well for most people, I can see problems with guests not paying attention and forgetting their colour or going to a random seat.
  • Staff operations on DD were quite slow, I’m sure they’ll speed up once they’re more used to it and the great capacity makes up for it
  • The area feels a bit out of place, separated from the main DC hub at the front of the park

Overall a fantastic addition to MW, and definitely some of the best theming in Australia.

Edited by Santa07

The loading procedure for DD is a bit weird - you’re asked to stand behind a colour and then you’re expected to remember

Being told a number, colour or letter to stand on is very commonplace at parks overseas, particularly Disney.

The system works, because most guests are capable of remembering their colour or number and sit where they belong, so the ones who forget are "forced" into their allocated seats since they would be the only ones left.

Couple of examples of using colours and numbers to sort guests.

943d820fb3d41acd967892ecf4c9f323.jpg

d6fa6b32bb450451b836bced3ea3f7cf.jpg

• Richard changed the title to Doomsday Destroyer - reviews and feedback