Theme Park Girl

Super 8 Aqua Racer at Wet N Wild GC

108 posts in this topic

Not sure how many people have realised this here amongst all the recent excitement of new attractions at neighbouring parks... but the Super 8 Aqua Racer slides at Wet N Wild GC have seen their final days, and are currently being completely dismantled piece by piece.

FB_IMG_1474103185446.jpg

FB_IMG_1474103188017.jpg

FB_IMG_1474103190516.jpg

FB_IMG_1474103192904.jpg

Not a bad thing in my opinion, given the poor condition the slides had deteriorated to over the past nearly 20 years.. I can't even remember when the last time I saw the timing/placement technology working accurately. The counter displays at the finish line have been out of action for a long time!

I was informed today by Wet N Wild staff that a new & much improved version of the attraction will be built in its place. This will apparently be happening over the next 3 months, since the slide is currently scheduled to reopen on Monday 19th December. 

25 minutes ago, joz said:

I hope when they say 'new and improved' they mean 'exactly the same'.  Best slide in the park, just pure fun, not extra gimmicks required.

Exactly the same, just with non-faded paint, everything crack-less and in one piece, and a modern scoring system that actually works.

I don't need ones with any gimmicks. Bring back the original. With the others you can't see where everyone is until the end. 

This version as Joz said was just pure fun and the racing part with your mates was the best part, so many great memories of it. 

On 9/17/2016 at 8:44 PM, Ashley said:

How long would it of been since Wet N Wild has removed or given one of there slides a complete reverb. ?

I get reverb on almost every enclosed slide - all one has to do is shout loudly to hear the effect...

On 17/09/2016 at 7:08 PM, Theme Park Girl said:

Not sure how many people have realised this here amongst all the recent excitement of new attractions at neighbouring parks... but the Super 8 Aqua Racer slides at Wet N Wild GC have seen their final days, and are currently being completely dismantled piece by piece.

It's good to hear it is being replaced so quickly. 

Edited by rac2703

Whilst the white paint could just be an undercoat, I feel the dark blue has always made the underside stairway a bit 'cavernous' and dirty. I'd like to see it stay white and fresh, which will make it more inviting, and 'fit in' with the rest of the park. Its right out front so better to make it pop!