Theme Park Maintenance Schedules 2017

themagician

On 01/02/2017 at 8:29 AM, AlexB said:

To contribute to the off-topic fright nights discussion - I know they built sheds, and I believe that was because Thor had booked out the studios (CMIIW) - but is there anything booked in the studios this year that would prevent them from utilising SS1&2?

Yes, according to the latter sentence in the below quote from today's ASX release on Village Roadshow Limited's half-year report:

At Village Roadshow Studios, the Thor production concluded in November, and will be followed by the DC Comics project, Aquaman. The production facilities will now be fully leased until the Commonwealth Games begin in 2018.

Great to see minor works and refurbishments to keep the parks looking their best.

New additions

Calypso Beach

This attraction will be closed for scheduled maintenance 27th Feb – 7th March.

Also the full list for MW appears to be listed now too.

• Dodgems

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 17th July and will re-open Monday 20th November 2017.

• Tweety Cages

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 15th May and will re-open Monday 29th May 2017.

• Intencity Dodgems

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 17th July and will re-open Monday 20th November 2017.

• Wild West Falls

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 26th June and will re-open Monday 28th August 2017.

• Green Lantern Coaster

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 30th October and will re-open Monday 20th November 2017.

• Justice League 3D - The Ride

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 20th February and will re-open Monday 27th March 2017.

• Scooby-Doo Spooky Coaster

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 28th August and will re-open Monday 18th September 2017.

• Batwing Spaceshot

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 20th February and will re-open Monday 27th March 2017.

• DOOMSDAY Destroyer

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 17th July and will re-open Monday 28th August 2017.

• Arkham Asylum

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 22nd May and will re-open Monday 27th June 2017.

• Pounce n' Bounce in Kids' WB! Fun Zone

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 1st May and will re-open Monday 15th May 2017.

• Carousel in Kids' WB! Fun Zone

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 12th June and will re-open Monday 26th June 2017.

• Tweety Cages in Kids' WB! Fun Zone

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 15th May and will re-open Monday 29th May 2017.

• Yosemite Sam's Train in Kids' WB! Fun Zone

Closed for scheduled maintenance on Monday 5th June and will re-open Monday 12th June 2017.

Edited by Jordan M.

Just now, MaxxTheMonster said:

So...  Does this mean it will remain in its current state until late August?

I would think that they will slowly be adding in the theming and then the august to september maintenance will either be general maintenance or giving the finishing touches for the theming.

1 hour ago, themagician said:

A number of the theming elements weren't working, out of time, or would repeat themselves.

I rode WWF yesterday & the mist was turned on in the turn around section. Not sure if it has been a hit & miss with this element but I rode it a week ago and it wasn't on so I was pleased to see it on & working :) It really gives this section of the ride a good vibe! 

Edited by xRazzBerryx