DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

8 minutes ago, Smeg said:

Hopefully top golf area sorted then, back to the coaster who's everyone putting their money on to be the manufacturer?

I say we take the good bits on an S&S - Sansei coaster, mix them with the good bits of a Bolliger & Mabillard coaster.

Who wouldn't love a good S&M coaster?

I think intamin 

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

The Chocker..

Sounds like a hoot..

leather restraints and handcuffs on a coaster some people would call that worlds best ??

Movie worlds new coaster The Gimp where you wear mouth gags instead of 3D googles and the restraints are leather and on the back of the last car is a leather bound gimp with a whip

image.png

31 minutes ago, themagician said:

Is a woodie coaster even possible in Australia, with the high temperatures wouldn't the wood be expanding in the heat? and high risk of bush fires. Not the most ideal style of coaster. Along with the costs of them, I doubt we'll ever see a wooden coaster in Australia.

Had 2 in Sydney.   But i doubt it will be wood cause of the maintenance involved in keep it.     RMC maybe?  they are all the rage atm

Didn't they get approval for an overflow carpark on the other side of the road.  I thought this was a bit strange as there current overflow carpark rarely fills up.   Just wondering if the current grass overflow might be the area of top golf.    It may not be large enough,  I'm sure someone here will know if it is.

55 minutes ago, themagician said:

Is a woodie coaster even possible in Australia, with the high temperatures wouldn't the wood be expanding in the heat? and high risk of bush fires. Not the most ideal style of coaster. Along with the costs of them, I doubt we'll ever see a wooden coaster in Australia.

Strange strange question... There are plenty of wooden coasters than reside in warm/hot climate countries (Australia included). Bushfires? In Oxenford? Maybe if you were building it in the middle of Lamington National Park it may be a concern... 

22 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Just wondering if the current grass overflow might be the area of top golf.

The current grass overflow isn't big enough by half to accommodate a range and the actual building/facilities. I could be wrong but believe that's the proposed site for the hotel anyway

1 hour ago, Inverted said:

Didn't they get approval for an overflow carpark on the other side of the road.  I thought this was a bit strange as there current overflow carpark rarely fills up.  Just wondering if the current grass overflow might be the area of top golf. It may not be large enough,  I'm sure someone here will know if it is.

No I don't think that area would be big enough anyways, but they did announce that TopGolf would be between the enterances of MW and AOS.

Regarding the wooden coaster, I was talking in general terms for bush fires and the coasters, I know it's unlikely for that area, but you never know. 

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic