DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

1 minute ago, jake_hunt said:

If it compares to Flash at Lewa, I'll be damn happy. That looks like a really world-class coaster. But I do hope that they don't just go identical. Kind of ruins the whole "world-class" drawcard a bit if it's a clone.

Judging by the footings it'll be quite different.

I actually wish Australia was spoken about more in the Theme Park world... There are so many people who call themselves enthusiast and when discussing new rides around the world, completely ignore all rides in Australia that are exactly the same. For example:

920x920.jpeg

A new coaster coming to Sea World San Diego. Many are hailing it as completely new and original, and a lot wonder what the experience will be like. Come on... Just shows how overlooked Australia is.

img_9046__copy_.jpeg

I swear it looks almost exactly the same as Jet Rescue, and Jet Rescue only got one mention I saw out of the heaps of discussions I've viewed on the wave breaker. I just hope that this new hyper will give the rest of the world a kick to look at Australia more. It may even catch the attention of more than just theme park enthusiasts...

#lookataustralia

Edited by Intimidator305.

Movie World often makes a new ride when a big Warner Brothers movie come out. I am kinda hoping that its not WonderWomen all any DC hero's, there's to much of that in the park. A King Arthur movie comes out next year. Same with Kong Skull Island. Also Blade Runner 2049 movie. (Made sure they were distributed by Warner Brothers)

Edited by Prequel

While bit of a niche market, I for one would love to see the DC Bombshells somehow brought to life in the park. It'll give the Heroines some park life, plus they're starting to work in some of the male heroes too (see Aquaman). It could work, whether it be in the parade, meet and greets or some ride with the Flashpoint excuse to work.

On 07/12/2016 at 11:49 PM, bladex said:

which is too far away the coaster will be ready next year so it will be themed to a DC movie out next year

Whilst it seems the case most of the time & is logical, it isn't always the case:

• Lethal Weapon (Lethal Weapon 4 - movie released 2.5 years after coaster opens - already well-known franchise too - Lethal Weapon 3 released 3.5 years before coaster opens)
  • Superman Escape (Superman Returns - movie released 6 months after coaster opens)
  • Arkham Asylum: Shock Thearpy (Batman: Arkham Asylum - coaster opened 2.5 years after video game released)

Lethal Weapon 4 features a Chinatown so I assumed the movie might have been linked to the coaster somehow (like POTC).

Superman Returns was released the year after (2006) SE opened (2005) so movies in 2018 should be considered if the hypercoaster opens in 2017.

Remember, video games should also be considered too now particularly after AA. Looking at Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment's upcoming video games, they mainly consist the following franchises: Lego, Injustice, Batman & Game Of Thrones. I've left the Injustice 2 trailer below because it's worth considering:

Reading the plot from various sources (including the original video game), it would suit VR too & create a new precinct next to the existing Justice League area.

It'd be awkward if the rollercoaster was based on that video game the entire time & it went over all our heads (Injustice 2 was announced in early-June this year).

Edited by Jamberoo Fan

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic