DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

5 minutes ago, downunder said:

Better still, construct a huge black dome over it and never tell anyone what it is.

Then film a TV show inside where the main character has no idea he is in a TV show and call it the Truman Show.

And in case I don't see you good afternoon, good evening and good night! :) 

You have to beat the train to the end of the launch or you get no lunch.

I am now hoping for the worlds shortest launch track length.

Edited by Tim Dasco

^^^That will be extra challenging, you might have to train for that one.

I'd be surprised if they did a launched coaster, it would kind of supersede their number one attraction currently. If you look at what Mack are putting up in China, they are doing lift hill coasters of a hyper size, but with inversions as well as airtime elements.

Edited by downunder

29 minutes ago, downunder said:

^^^That will be extra challenging, you might have to train for that one.

I'd be surprised if they did a launched coaster, it would kind of supersede their number one attraction currently. If you look at what Mack are putting up in China, they are doing lift hill coasters of a hyper size, but with inversions as well as airtime elements.

So what if it did? Superman Escape wasn't always MW's main attraction. 

^Of course they could, and it should be a fun ride. Superman Escape is (debatably) the star at the moment, and another launch coaster doesn't seem like a complimentary attraction (especially in a park with a small number of coasters), that's just my opinion, it will be the bigger coaster that launches in many people's eyes. It will be interesting to see what it turns out being. 

I don't usually join into the Gold Coast theme park discussions (as I rarely get to visit the Gold Coast) but the site of these Mack Rides crates is the exception. I haven't been looking forward this much to a Gold Coast ride since Superman Escape. Apologies if this has been noticed before but given the talk of about why there is no announcement when these crates have arrived, I just noticed these quotes from the Gold Coast Bulletin's article about the TopGolf attraction on the 24th of June 2016:

...It’s just the beginning of a massive plan to revolutionise entertainment on the Gold Coast, with Village Roadshow Limited to make a “huge” announcement in the next 60 days.

"TopGolf is just 1 component of a multifaceted plan” Village Roadshows Chief Executive Officer Of Theme Parks, Tim Fischer, said.

“We will announce it within the next 60 days but I can say that it is of significant gross capital cost. It will reposition and re-energise not only Movie World, but the whole of the Gold Coast. With (Movie World and Australian Outback Spectacular), we are a big peripheral development and that gives us greater potential to create a broader product.”

Is this "huge" announcement the rollercoaster? Because if so, the announcement was due no later than the 23rd of August 2016 (60 days after the 24th of June 2016). If the announcement has been delayed, does this mean it is imminent or even tomorrow due to the arrival of these crates? It has been delayed for 9 days at least, which isn't much in itself.

The only announcements since the 24th of June 2016 have been for Arkham Asylum - Shock Therapy's virtual reality experience addition (21st of July 2016) and the Star Tour - Access All Areas experience (5th of August 2016) & I don't think either of those two are of "significant gross capital cost" or capable of re-positioning the Gold Coast like a 'top 10 worldwide' rollercoaster could.

I know most people won't notice the significance of these crates but if Gold Coast media gets the word about these crates from a 3rd party or even read these forums themselves, I feel this could spread like wildfire in Australian media quickly as it would all but confirm a highly talked about rumour that one of the best rollercoasters in the world is on it's way to Australia and Movie World might want to ensure they release that information first otherwise they may delay the announcement again to ensure maximum publicity when the time comes. If Gold Coast media says nothing, I think Movie World will take their time with the announcement but it will still be imminent.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked and unlocked this topic
  • joz locked this topic