DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion

Richard

If it's the first element after the drop, it's going to have a heck of a lot of speed. A cobra roll would be crazy on the G's if it isn't the size of Pop's negative Rep or bigger. As the turn around appears to be very similar to Flash (overbank turn and over/unders the outbound track), I think we need to look more at that layout. If there won't be a loop after the first drop, I'd look towards a zero G roll instead.

I suspect the first element is in the first image @themagician posted on p103.

Edited by Glubbo

@YLFATEEKS you can't really tell in the photos but when I was there and walking along the GL queue fence, it does seem that the transfer track is going to be towards those buildings at the back, behind that blue box. But I'm not 100% certain because it is a bit tricky to get some perspective on the footings from so far away 

Just looking through the Mack website at the info on hyper coasters, and looking at the other diffferent coasters and there specifications; I know we kind of already had an idea it would be, but I'm sure it's safe to say that this will a hyper coaster and won't be just under the height requirements for it to classed as one. Of all the other coaster types that they do, nothing else is to this scale, except for the  mega coaster 

Something else that I saw, which I hope MW do is they have an LED option for the trains on the front and side, so it provides a cool effect if the coaster is running at night. 

Personally - i would think much of it would be able to be stored within the same area that the footing framework was laid out. The area is already fenced, and keeping it on the same side of the driveway means less likelihood that they will need to close entry \ exit to move pieces onto the site during the day.

Failing that - bottom end of AOS would be a more convenient, less congested place to store it.

^That's what I was thinking, since they stored the Mack crates there. But there will be a lot of coaster track, so I'm thinking it will be on the grasses overflow area, or on the gravel part of the carpark right next to the site. SE was stored on the grass, which was even further from its actual site.

16 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Personally - i would think much of it would be able to be stored within the same area that the footing framework was laid out. The area is already fenced, and keeping it on the same side of the driveway means less likelihood that they will need to close entry \ exit to move pieces onto the site during the day.

Failing that - bottom end of AOS would be a more convenient, less congested place to store it.

I think that area the crates sat is too small.  My first area I was thinking it would was next to that area in front of TopGolf but when I did my drive-by yesterday things where getting down and dirty on that site.

14 hours ago, Rollercoaster_Lover❤️ said:

The tracks are already there if you zoom into your second pic zoom onto the brown things for some reason it looks like the track Scooby has

They could be tracks for any Mack ride they are manufacturing. 

11 hours ago, AlexB said:

Whilst it is logical, is there still a place in the permanent fencing for trucks to go in & out from apart from via the studios?

Maybe this coaster uses some groundbreaking technology (or at least new for Mack), kind of like Lightning rod being the first wooden launch coaster. Maybe Mack is trying something new, like a changed style of track, or a launch lift hill instead of a chain. Something mack hasn't done before (considering all the new things they did last year, it wouldn't surprise me). And because this is a new technology for them, they took longer than expected to finish manufacturing it. Mack and Movie World, wouldn't want a Dollywood on their hands so they're holding out on setting an announcement in concrete until they are both sure that this new technology is ready to go without further delays.

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

So has the idea crept into anyone's mind that we may have a delay somewhere along the manufacturing/transport timeline which is why the site has sat basically idle for quite a while now, why we haven't had an announcement, and why the fence wrapping stating Sept lasted what, a whole of 6 weeks? Hopefully I am way off the mark... 

As @Tim Dasco stated on the previous page - i think it's more likely that they had scheduled track arrival well in advance, and anticipated that groundwork would take a lot longer than it did - we were blessed (or cursed depending on your view) over the summer season with very little rain - minimal storms and bad weather meant progress on groundworks proceeded rapidly, and i'm inclined to think that that is the predominant reason for the site to sit idle.

6 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Regarding the fence wrapping. That was installed on the temp fencing. Now that the temp fencing is removed we are left with the new permanent fence. However this fence has pillars that stick out. So the banner would no longer be able to go along the permanent fence.

Agree that the wrap would look nasty plastered over this nice new fence, but depending on the width of the messaging, I would like to see them bring it back - and perhaps cut the wrap into sections the width of each panel\panels between each pillar. it'd add to the hype for irregular guests to see some messaging - although if the september date has been pushed already, they may not want to perpetuate that message.

• Richard changed the title to DC Rivals HyperCoaster construction discussion
  • joz locked this topic