Sign in to follow this  
Parkz News

DC Rivals HyperCoaster is Australia's best ride ever

28 posts in this topic

DC Rivals HyperCoaster is Australia's best ride ever

Make no mistake about it: Warner Bros. Movie World have delivered a roller coaster that is undeniably one of the best in the world. The ride ticks every box and delivers a level of sheer thrills and sustained excitement that is unlike anything ever before built in Australia.

Click here to continue reading

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JeffreyMoore said:

good now they have one of the worlds best roller coasters 

lets now focus the future to a worlds best family friendly attraction like a new looney tunes river ride REPLACEMENT 

Or even a ride of Bermuda Triangle standard (can be a completely new theme of course, but definitely movie themed, and PLEASE not DC or Looney Tunes themed! There are many other Warner Bros movies to choose from!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pushbutton said:

Or even a ride of Bermuda Triangle standard (can be a completely new theme of course, but definitely movie themed, and PLEASE not DC or Looney Tunes themed! There are many other Warner Bros movies to choose from!

I feel it needs to be a replacement for the LOONY TUNES RIVER RIDE with a looney tunes theme 

base a dark ride on a movie will just see the ride become dated 

that's the reason WANER BROTHERS CLASSIC'S & THE GRATE GREMLINS ADVENTURE sadly only lasted 10 years 

it was removed from the park much too soon tho 

Edited by JeffreyMoore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Im still counting on a wooden giga dive coaster themed to dippin' dots. Would be a fantastic investment, and please many of the members in the Parkz community. 

Your missing the point the park has rollercoasters including a worlds best 

Its now time to start adding family friendly attactions that the whole family can enjoy 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Theme Park said:

Warner Bros Movie World is our nation's answer to six flags park now and really needs some diversity to become something of a universal studios level.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure where this is coming from. MovieWorld has pretty much everything a Universal park has, and even more. Keep in mind, this is an AUSTRALIAN park, not Universal we are talking about here. 

P.S Six Flags isn't much to hope for.

Edited by Flynn_Smith
Really important 'P.S'
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Honestly, I'm not quite sure where this is coming from. MovieWorld has pretty much everything a Universal park has,

Universal Studios has extremely well themed areas and rides based off tens of licensed properties. Six Flags and Movie World have poorly themed areas based off two licensed properties.

Edited by Theme Park

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Theme Park said:

Universal Studios has extremely well themed areas and rides based off tens of licensed properties. Six Flags and Movie World have poorly themed areas based off two licensed properties.

So Doomsday Destroyer doesn't count? Neither does WWF? Also Scooby-Doo? 

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Fountain of Improbability 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flynn_Smith said:

So Doomsday Destroyer doesn't count? Neither does WWF? 

Doomsday destroyer is a dc comics attraction and wild west falls is great but it is still a generic non-licensed attraction. 

Forgot about scooby doo but six flags san antonio still has a scooby doo ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The supervillains area at MW is as well themed as any universal park I've got recollection of. 

WWF whilst dated is well themed

Scooby was, and by all accounts will Return to being, well themed. 

I've no doubt family attractions are in the pipeline, but I seriously doubt that equates to a dark ride given the availability of space and cost of building a soundstage/building to house the ride. 

**apologies as this is another thread derailed now***

Edited by Brad2912

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luke said:

@Theme Park I wouldn't got as low as describing Movieworld as 'Australia's answer to Six Flags'. But at this point in time, I would say it sits firmly in between a Cedar Fair park and a Universal park.

Just trying to say I think we need to demand it becoming the best it possibly can be.

1 minute ago, Brad2912 said:

The supervillains area at MW is as well themed as any universal park I've got recollection of. 

WWF whilst dated is well themed

Scooby was, and by all accounts will Return to being, well themed. 

I've no doubt family attractions are in the pipeline, but I seriously doubt that equates to a dark ride given the availability of space and cost of building a soundstage/building to house the ride. 

I want movie world to have lots of different movie IP's not just DC and Looney Tunes.

Plus I am still salty about harry potter going away to universal studios.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Theme Park said:

Just trying to say I think we need to demand it becoming the best it possibly can be.

I too want nothing but the absolute best for all the parks in aus; especially Movieworld. It is a park I am extremely passionate about :).

Growing up and riding the looney tunes river ride, gremlins, batman adventure the ride, wild west falls, scooby doo and superman escape, gave me the themepark bug. These rides are the reason I am a themepark enthusiast.....the story, atmosphere and themeing on these rides were/are truly world class.

I know that MW has the ability to produce very high quality, story based ride experiences. Because of the high standard I have seen before, I am disappointed with the themeing for DC Rivals. Such an amazing rollercoaster, deserves a much better theme, story and immersive queue line.

Edited by Luke
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst I agree with some of the views above, you guys have just been gifted this amazing world class attraction. These are hard economic times, but this is a game changer. Hopefully, the average joe will see this and want to hit the park and give VRTP the cash injection it needs to fix SW. Enjoy it guys: I look forward to riding it next time I'm over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Theme Park said:

Universal Studios has extremely well themed areas and rides based off tens of licensed properties. Six Flags and Movie World have poorly themed areas based off two licensed properties.

Which most of there rides are just moving seats in front of screens. I prefer a roller coaster in Australia which is better than anything on the west coast of the USA par maybe two (x2 and tatsu) then 2 sub par coasters and a bunch of simulators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

The supervillains area at MW is as well themed as any universal park I've got recollection of. 

WWF whilst dated is well themed

Scooby was, and by all accounts will Return to being, well themed. 

I've no doubt family attractions are in the pipeline, but I seriously doubt that equates to a dark ride given the availability of space and cost of building a soundstage/building to house the ride. 

**apologies as this is another thread derailed now***

a new dark ride is not going to take up anymore space then another rollercoaster 

every park on the gold coast needs some new major whole family friendly attractions like dark rides - water rides etc 

if they continue on the every new major attraction needs to be a rollercoaster road then there future is not bright 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt we'll see another coaster at MW in the next decade. It would be compared to DCR, so if it's not gamechanging it would be considered a poor cousin, and if it is gamechanging it's effectively competing against its own product. 

DW desperately needs a quality coaster to bring the crowds back. Nothing brings crowds like coasters (hence the propensity of these being the choice attractions at our parks). 

SW desperately needs a coaster too. 

Family rides are awesome, and certainly I feel DW probably has the running in that market currently, and that may remain their focus, they don't appear too intent in entering a "my coaster is better than yours" war with MW, due to the investment required. 

The important thing to note is that a well-themed immersive dark ride, especially with no existing building to utilise, is going to set you back pretty similar money to what has been spent on DCR. That's when ROI comes in, and will a $30-40m dark family ride have people lining up 200 deep "just incase" it opens today as a new coaster does... the likely answer is no, which is why funds are diverted elsewhere

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a few objections our Aussie Parks face with going down the Dark ride path:

1. The average dumb Aussie punter simply doesn't appreciate a good Dark ride.

Their idea of a Great ride is a huge Coaster or Giant Spin'n'Spew.. The very same people go to Disneyland and leave after a couple of hours thinking the place is "shit for Adults and just for kids". Ask these same people which rides they experienced? Guaranteed it will be only the one's they can see (ie Dumbo, teacups, maybe Matterhorn) and they probably strolled by the best attractions and because they couldn't see what's inside thought "why should I wait half an hour for some shit Dark ride that I can't see....? Answer=Tossers

2. Ongoing maintenance/ upkeep.

Too many moving parts with animatronics figures,  sets, lighting, fog, audio, on-board fx, motion synchronisation, motion base upkeep, water pumps, steam machines, 3D projection, hydraulics, cooling towers, PLC and all other BOH functions.. the list goes on and of course it depends on the complexity of the ride.

Bottom line is these kinds of rides need A LOT of TLC. Ongoing ROI often often necessitates downgrading the quality and presentation of the 'show' over time (see WWF, LT, BT, BA....

 Scooby-Doo?)

3. For a Dark ride to be shit hot and appeal to a wider Audience (including the said 'dumb' Aussie) our Park's would have to invest megabucks on a ride system and dynamic show experience to have serious wow factor.

With ongoing upkeep in mind, if our Parks are after a new Dark ride / experience they would be wise to consider screens over AA together with the big BOOM FX that put similes on faces together with a fast and unpredictable motion for a thrilling, yet more inclusive experience.

Surveys and Market research consistently finds that majority of visitors want more Coasters and thrill rides. 

Look at the reviews. Rivals is the most sensible and ostentatious investment for MW at this time.

The next Big thing for SW should be a said family/thrill/dark ride experience and compete more directly with DW. I don't see such a ride coming to MW for a very long time.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MickeyD said:

There are a few objections our Aussie Parks face with going down the Dark ride path:

1. The average dumb Aussie punter simply doesn't appreciate a good Dark ride.

Their idea of a Great ride is a huge Coaster or Giant Spin'n'Spew.. The very same people go to Disneyland and leave after a couple of hours thinking the place is "shit for Adults and just for kids". Ask these same people which rides they experienced? Guaranteed it will be only the one's they can see (ie Dumbo, teacups, maybe Matterhorn) and they probably strolled by the best attractions and because they couldn't see what's inside thought "why should I wait half an hour for some shit Dark ride that I can't see....? Answer=Tossers

2. Ongoing maintenance/ upkeep.

Too many moving parts with animatronics figures,  sets, lighting, fog, audio, on-board fx, motion synchronisation, motion base upkeep, water pumps, steam machines, 3D projection, hydraulics, cooling towers, PLC and all other BOH functions.. the list goes on and of course it depends on the complexity of the ride.

Bottom line is these kinds of rides need A LOT of TLC. Ongoing ROI often often necessitates downgrading the quality and presentation of the 'show' over time (see WWF, LT, BT, BA....

 Scooby-Doo?)

3. For a Dark ride to be shit hot and appeal to a wider Audience (including the said 'dumb' Aussie) our Park's would have to invest megabucks on a ride system and dynamic show experience to have serious wow factor.

With ongoing upkeep in mind, if our Parks are after a new Dark ride / experience they would be wise to consider screens over AA together with the big BOOM FX that put similes on faces together with a fast and unpredictable motion for a thrilling, yet more inclusive experience.

Surveys and Market research consistently finds that majority of visitors want more Coasters and thrill rides. 

Look at the reviews. Rivals is the most sensible and ostentatious investment for MW at this time.

The next Big thing for SW should be a said family/thrill/dark ride experience and compete more directly with DW. I don't see such a ride coming to MW for a very long time.

 

 

we have rollercoasters and thrill rides we don't need anymore until they open some family friendly attractions 

not everyone loves rollercoasters I don't know how many times it has to be said for everyone to stop been so blindsided 

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I doubt we'll see another coaster at MW in the next decade. It would be compared to DCR, so if it's not gamechanging it would be considered a poor cousin, and if it is gamechanging it's effectively competing against its own product. 

DW desperately needs a quality coaster to bring the crowds back. Nothing brings crowds like coasters (hence the propensity of these being the choice attractions at our parks). 

SW desperately needs a coaster too. 

Family rides are awesome, and certainly I feel DW probably has the running in that market currently, and that may remain their focus, they don't appear too intent in entering a "my coaster is better than yours" war with MW, due to the investment required. 

The important thing to note is that a well-themed immersive dark ride, especially with no existing building to utilise, is going to set you back pretty similar money to what has been spent on DCR. That's when ROI comes in, and will a $30-40m dark family ride have people lining up 200 deep "just incase" it opens today as a new coaster does... the likely answer is no, which is why funds are diverted elsewhere

I never said it needs to be built today I'm just pointing out the next big money attraction needs to be a whole family friendly dark ride - water ride etc  

the more rollercoasters - thrill rides they build there just pushing family's away 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And we are simply pointing out statistics. Businesses generally care more about the statistics so they are going to make the statistically logical idea and build what the majority want, a large bright pink fuchsia "f*ck you" to the competition. MW is a park more focussed towards adults/thrill seekers. That's why they are putting more effort into turning SW into a more family orientated park. This is where those family friendly attractions will be implemented to cater to the minority who don't enjoy the thrills of MW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's safe to say we won't see another coaster at MW for at least 4 years. MW have put a big coaster in on average every 4-6 years. But I doubt we will see one soon considering they will want to see a ROI for Rivals. Personally I think the next coaster will be a replacement for AA. (6 years or so) as ride manufactures give an average life span of 30 years and it's definatly not new coaster.  

The only chance you have off a dark ride happening will be if they decided to remove junior driving school and use that whole building or a small dark ride in the show stage. (Personally I think a new show would be better) as big Show buildings are not cheap and it has to be justified with a ROI. But I think it's safe to say the next attraction will be a family ride and not a high thrill ride.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Parkz Crew

    Support Parkz... join the Crew for:

    • Ad-banner free viewing
    • Parkz Crew profile badge
    • Extended editing
    • See who's liked your posts
    • Purchase discounts

    Join Now from $20/yr

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.