Steel Taipan Construction - Dreamworld Mack launched roller coaster

Blue Fire Feature   

153 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer?

5 hours ago, themagician said:

I think the horn sounded for Rivals because the coasters perimeter was so long, they needed to let anyone know within that area know it was testing. For ST all the track is visible from the station, so I don’t think it will be necessary 

This. The envelope for rivals is long and that thing moves fast 

Didn’t get photos, but there was some new seating being stored behind the fencing next to the site offices out the front of the park. The seating reminded me of the look of a fidget spinner. There was also some fake thematic rock work too (only one small piece, so not sure where it’s for)

I understand we're still a long way off, but I'm really looking forward to the real-life POV of this ride. Just hope the camera is mounted FIRMLY and close to the track (unlike the POV for Rivals). Would really help give viewers a sense of speed, thrill and adrenaline this ride should provide...

29 minutes ago, Im Hungry said:

I understand we're still a long way off, but I'm really looking forward to the real-life POV of this ride. Just hope the camera is mounted FIRMLY and close to the track (unlike the POV for Rivals). Would really help give viewers a sense of speed, thrill and adrenaline this ride should provide...

They know who to call. 

I'm getting really excited for Steel Taipan. I think it has the potential to really change the feel within Dreamworld. In previous trips to the Gold Coast I've usually gone to Movie world before Dreamworld and it becomes extremely obvious that the latter is lacking a stand-out attraction. MW has the leg up with Superman AND Rivals, but I think ST will help even the playing field. Whilst recently I wouldn't have said this in recent years, next year I reckon the park has the potential to be my recommendation for those looking to just get one annual pass. It'll have everything in a nice package. 

Just purchased an annual pass & will be visiting for the first time since 2016.. gosh has it really been that long?!? Excited to see all the landscape changes & experience the new attractions. 

I decided not to renew in 2016/2017 as the park just seemed to be on a decline. As an enthusiast I really wanted to support them, but I just couldn’t support the path they were heading down. 

As for the harsh cut of rides, to me it was necessary for the future of this park. Fixing the mistakes of terrible vision/future planning from past management. 

Now with Steel Taipan & the recently added Sky Voyager, the future is looking bright for this park. I can see things starting to shape up quite nicely in 5-10 years. 

Both of these rides I can see lasting anywhere between 15-30 years, with SV getting a few upgrades here & there to make it last. 

Excited to see the next instalment  of rides over the coming years.

11 hours ago, xRazzBerryx said:

Now with Steel Taipan & the recently added Sky Voyager, the future is looking bright for this park. I can see things starting to shape up quite nicely in 5-10 years. 

Whilst both are needed and important additions, especially ST, they need A LOT more over the next 5-10 years before I’d be calling a bright future being ahead. 

IMO, ST buys them 18-24 months before another big ticket item needs to open (not just begin construction) with the period prior to that focused on smaller projects/offerings like the redevelopment of ABC, new slide tower for WWW. 

if they wait another 3-4 years before doing something big momentum will be entirely lost again. 

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 4