Movie world Maintenance 2022

Smol bean

5 hours ago, Rivals said:

Doomsday too.

I honestly forgot about that ride, but let’s be real, it will probably break down anyway.

5 hours ago, Rivals said:

If tickets aren’t discounted i feel so bad for the guests visiting today

I don’t think this is something that our parks will do. I’ve never seen them reduce the entry ticket for any reason.

The thing is that because MW is not seasonal ride closures for maintenance is expected. The moment MW starts to compensate for these closures then peoples perception of a fully priced day pass becomes ‘its only worth it if everything is open.’ MW want to continue a public perception that there is still plenty worth your visit even if there are number of rides not operating. The last thing they want is to build a public expectation that they will discount tickets every time rides close down unexpectedly. If MW are transparent about their ride closures (which they are) and inform guest upon visiting as to which attractions are not operating (which they do) I see no need to offer compensation imo. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Coasterjoe said:

If MW are transparent about their ride closures (which they are) and inform guest upon visiting as to which attractions are not operating (which they do) I see no need to offer compensation imo. 

I agree, but only to a point. Scheduled maintenance, yes. Unscheduled maintenance, well that's where I'm torn.

I read a comment on one of the MW FB posts from a person that just travelled from Sydney the day before Rival's went down. I can't help but feel sorry for them in this instance. To say 'oh well just go back when it's fixed' doesn't really work when you're not a local.

I'm not an engineer, but our rides do appear to go down for unscheduled maintenance a lot, is there more that needs to be done during the scheduled maintenance period to reduce unexpected downtime?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Natti_amusements said:

When I was at MW in Nov 2020 I got a discount, I think I was around 10 bucks, cause Superman and rivals were the only thrill rides open.

I do recall this, there was a short period where there was a small discount on one day tickets due to the amount of scheduled maintenance with ticket validity being restricted to that time rather than the usual 12 months. I think that's a smart move from the park when there is a lot of maintenance. 

I honestly don't think either MW or SW have enough to justify their one day ticket prices at $99 online or $109 at the gate.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn’t get a chance to speak with any of them, but can confirm that there were some maintenance personnel working on lantern. Green lantern has been tested a lot lately, so I was told it MAY reopen early.

By the way surprisingly Doomsday was operating yesterday, lol.

8014F318-9100-4947-92FA-E755D38CB247.jpeg

Also the carousel is almost back together.

998BE90E-563D-4061-8095-279A06A90D23.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Didn’t get a chance to speak with any of them, but can confirm that there were some maintenance personnel working on lantern. Green lantern has been tested a lot lately, so I was told it MAY reopen early.

If you didn't speak to Maintenance who provided that? Ride Ops?

Secondly, does this mean the new stairs are installed and ect?

3 hours ago, Naazon said:

If you didn't speak to Maintenance who provided that? Ride Ops?

Secondly, does this mean the new stairs are installed and ect?

I'll answer the second question first, I've got no idea if they are installed or not.

I spoke with many different staff yesterday, ride ops, security, guest services, even retail employees, I know Movieworld staff aren't always very reliable, but everyone was saying the same story, so I thought it must have a little bit of truth to it.

@mba2012 also confirmed stated the ride was being tested on Thursday, so what I was told seems to be somewhat true.

27 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Green lantern is back open according to the maintenance schedule. 344409625_ScreenShot2022-09-22at10_34_43am.thumb.png.a7d0b4f2095f3298656c14e3300d6cda.png

Staff were all back on sight yesterday just testing it so i won’t be shocked if it’s actually open.

When i was there i didn’t notice a new staircase but the Chain Motor looked to have been replaced (big bright orange motor now) - unsure if that was just used during maintenance or it’s actually been fully replaced.

Wild West and Scooby are both down again for Unscheduled Maintenance. With Scooby being open for probably an hour the other day between 2 big breakdowns and Wild West being evacuated (unless it’s due to the weather last night) im not shocked they’re both closed. Atleast GL is back open🤷‍♀️

0180F052-6212-47D0-9293-1F403D1CC6DC.png

21 minutes ago, Ashley said:

But, I think the big questions is, why are their rides so unreliable lately?

As @aaronm said, there has been a lot of unscheduled down time.

Normally they all go down not at the same time but it feels more noticeable now that they’re all happening at the same time.

DC, Batwing, JL and the kids rides are pretty reliable.

Superman / Doomsday are intamins so enough said (Superman seems to either be down a lot or not down at all), same with GL being an S&S.

WWF is a lot more unreliable after its refurb which is a shame as it’s arguably the most popular ride alongside Scooby - which also seems a lot more unreliable in recent years since it’s refurb.

The two new coasters being Vekoma is definitely a good choice as their new models seem very reliable so it’ll help the park out a lot.

Edited by Rivals

8 minutes ago, Rivals said:

WWF is a lot more unreliable after its refurb which is a shame as it’s arguably the most popular ride alongside Scooby - which also seems a lot more unreliable in recent years since it’s refurb.

Let's hope that WWF is just experiencing teething problems, as it was only recently they did get new boats.

Just checked their maintenance page, Scooby has re-opened.

Superman is reasonably reliable, I rarely hear it ever being shut outside of its annual maintenance period. It also helps that the ride is small in scale compared to the other installs so there's less things to work on.

West obviously faces the problem of being harder to maintain as it gets older - it's a very common problem with flumes. Concrete doesn't last forever.

Scooby has the one of a kind elevator, but otherwise it's a very simple ride system that should rarely be down. Perhaps the elevator is getting on in years?

Edited by Baconjack

25 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I know from Star Tours I’ve done in the past, and from speaking to staff that they say a day when Scooby doesn’t fault, and or briefly breakdown is considered a good day. In other words, Scooby faulting is a pretty common occurrence.

When you think about it, it does make sense. With the amount of block zones, the elevator lift, turntable and the amount of cars on the track at one time mixed with the thematic elements it really isn’t too surprising.

Edited by Rivals

• Slick locked this topic