Wizard of Oz - Movie World Arkham Asylum Replacement

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I thought this 'precinct 'was opening next year, not 2024! That will be a 7 year gap between their last new major attraction, Rivals, and this. That's gotta be the longest pause between new rides in MW's history, right? There are a couple of justifications for this, I suppose. One being the significant expense of Rivals, and I guess COVID (although that hasn't stopped OS parks investing)

Edited by GoGoBoy

They have added little things here and there such as the Studio Showcase but it’ll be the biggest gap between coasters only by one year.

The gap between Superman and Green Lantern 6 years, same with the Gap between GL and Rivals. With the 6-7 year gap logic (if stuck to it) we might not see the next “big” coaster at the park until around 2030 / 2031🥲

46 minutes ago, themagician said:

They’ve also refurbished WWF with new boats, RoadRunner with new trains and currently refurbishing JL. So while there aren’t any new rides, they have been investing money into the park.

Which they should absolutely be applauded for. COVID also no doubt played a part in stalling things - Atlantis originally slated to deliver in 2020, which would have launched and given them a recovery period before the next big thing most likely at MW, but everything got shit canned, and then when everything started up again, everything had mile-long delays.

The overseas parks always have things in the pipeline each year whereas our parks are normally a longer game, which is more easily disrupted as they aren't buying every year.

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

The gap between Superman and Green Lantern 6 years, same with the Gap between GL and Rivals. With the 6-7 year gap logic (if stuck to it) we might not see the next “big” coaster at the park until around 2030 / 2031🥲

That lines up perfectly with the olympics in 2032. So surely MW will be planning something big for then, similar to Rivals coming the year before the commonwealth games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mba2012 said:

That lines up perfectly with the olympics in 2032. So surely MW will be planning something big for then, similar to Rivals coming the year before the commonwealth games.

I’d love for this to be the case however i don’t think they have enough room for a big new world class coaster without removing a ride, unless there’s space im unaware of? The only room i could think of is for a WoO expansion for a couple flats in a couple years time.

Edited by Rivals
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

I’d love for this to be the case however i don’t think they have enough room for a big new world class coaster without removing a ride, unless there’s space im unaware of? The only room i could think of is for a WoO expansion for a couple flats in a couple years time.

Tbh I don’t think I would have to be a coaster. I don’t know about you, but I don’t see justice league staying much longer. Like I know they are doing a refurbishment, and that will work in the short term, but considering how badly the ride deteriorated over 10 years I just can’t see it lasting another decade until the time period around the Olympics. On the other hand tho, if GL keeps on playing up they might want to replace it with the Joker RMC raptor that was in the talks for the park, considering that area can fit a ride like that, which I think could work cause they are small scale.

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

There is room. If they want something they will make room or make it fit the room. The opposite side to GL could have a small footprint coaster, behind WB Showcase could fit something, or with some (pretty major) works, near the dam/carpark behind WWF.

On 24/10/2022 at 3:13 PM, Natti_amusements said:

Tbh I don’t think I would have to be a coaster. I don’t know about you, but I don’t see justice league staying much longer. Like I know they are doing a refurbishment, and that will work in the short term, but considering how badly the ride deteriorated over 10 years I just can’t see it lasting another decade until the time period around the Olympics.

I know I’ve mentioned it before, but Movie World really needs another decent dark ride much more than it needs a new coaster right now IMHO. The park already has a pretty solid line up of coasters (plus it’ll be receiving 3 more when WOO opens up), but highly immersive, themed attractions are what it currently lacks and what I believe VRTP should be looking at in the future. I know many who still miss the likes of LTRR and Gremlins, an updated take on those sorts of attractions would be a great addition. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Noll_57 said:

I know I’ve mentioned it before, but Movie World really needs another decent dark ride much more than it needs a new coaster right now IMHO. The park already has a pretty solid line up of coasters (plus it’ll be receiving 3 more when WOO opens up), but highly immersive, themed attractions are what it currently lacks and what I believe VRTP should be looking at in the future. I know many who still miss the likes of LTRR and Gremlins, an updated take on those sorts of attractions would be a great addition. 

I absolutely agree. MW desperately needs another dark ride! I know they buy the rides before they put a theme to them, but the wizard of oz was great theme to build an immersive experience to, and it was kinda wasted potential IMHO. If I were village I would try to work with Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi to replicate one of their ride l, but that’s just me

• Like 1

I'm all for showcase, but I think it's current position taking over showstage is an issue. 

Give it a spot purpose built. use intencity like they used to (especially since they don't offer the dodgem cars anymore) and return the showstage to actually host a show - shows can absorb WAY more guests than the current ride lineup. Make it something repeatable (dancing costumed characters doing corny storylines doesn't cut it) - stunt show, magic show,  animal actors, special effects.... with enough audience interaction to make every show different.

IMO, this is what MW needs far more than any ride. Unless they do a continuous load dark ride, not much else is going to give MW the kind of capacity boost it needs.

• Like 3

A decent show that could seat around 2000 (DLP's Moteurs... Action!: Stunt Show Spectacular show seated 5000) and is actually entertaining - would help out alot. 

Run it every 2-3 hours during the peak season, twice a day during the quieter days and always run it at closing time to keep guests in the park and for some extra merch+food sales on exit.

There's no point in running a decent show if it runs at 100% capacity during busy days.. goes against the whole point of having the show in the first place.

And make it at least 30 mins - with a preshow.

Edited by Dean Barnett

On 25/10/2022 at 5:56 PM, Ashley said:

I don't mind the showcase, but replacing if with a ride would be better, in my opinion of course.

That is of course if that's what @Rivals meant, because as @Brad2912 pointed out, they don't have studio tour, or if they do no one knows about it.

They shouldn't go and rip out a production worthy auditorium like that for a ride. They should put money back into decent shows and reopen the show stage as it was intended and finally do something decent with the HSD area. 

This is what the park really needs. Somewhere to soak up 1000+ people a few times a day. Allows guests to get out of the sun and cool off in the air conditioning during the hottest part of the day. 

On 25/10/2022 at 9:29 PM, Natti_amusements said:

If I were village I would try to work with Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi to replicate one of their ride l, but that’s just me

The amount of money spent on set and theming in those calibre of a ride exceeds the full budget village have ever had available for an entire ride. 

Can they do a lot better? hell yes. But you have to be realistic. You aren't going to see hundred million dollar expenditure. They just don't have the turnover to match. 

Edited by Levithian
  • Like 2