DC Rivals HyperCoaster train stuck mid-course

PoolGuy

I'm just saying an incident that has seemingly never happened in the ~130,000 cycles prior (80 cycles a day, 330 days a year) might not have happened ever if the ride's geometry were a bit different. And I'm saying it with the luxury of not needing to know the root causes or having to come up with a viable solution. 

Edited by Richard

3 hours ago, Levithian said:

Better solution than a complex system in a really difficult place to access.....

Don't operate in adverse weather. 

But it’s already been discussed that the ride was operated within the accepted wind speed limits. The problem seems to have been contributed to by the lack of weight in the train due to it being empty, cold wheels due to it being the first test dispatch of the day, and then a perfectly/imperfectly timed and directed wind gust. 

if you were closing rides for the conditions that were prevalent on that day, we’d be lucky to see the ride open more than 60% of the year, as they were not “bad” 

58 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Do you think Mack had a crystal ball it would fail?

If an idea failed would you attempt it again?

If they did reach out and receive advice from Mack, the advice would’ve been a well tested process for how to recover trains that valley, therefor giving it a lesser chance for failure meaning they probably would’ve tried again if that’s the only piece of advice they’ve received.

It doesn’t take nearly 2 weeks to call a company and get advice, even if Mack had to send people over would it take that long? I feel like MovieWorld thought of the idea they tried going through with, now that it’s failed they are contacting Mack. 

How many NI Loops have Mack had to complete a pull through on? I lost count after 1. specifically, this time.

Additionally, its all well and good Mack providing instructions, the crew on the ground need to be the ones who complete it, and they may not have been able to follow the steps/advice provided by Mack.

There are 3 parties involved in this.

Was at Movieworld yesterday, nothing was happening with hyper that I could see.

I spoke with a few members of staff about it, and was informed that it valleyed on its second test run, it almost didn’t make it the first time.

They confirmed that they working hard on it, but it may be a little while before she reopens.

Was also told that Green Lantern has been tested a lot lately, I know it’s scheduled to reopen on the 7th of October, however, because of hyper being down it may come out if maintenance early.5AED5A61-7694-45A1-AC3A-39A9673DE764.thumb.jpeg.f1b8e1f1d7304d45e26fdc436b4a3c18.jpeg

Edited by Ashley

2 hours ago, aussienetman said:

Argh so many assumptions in this thread it's kinda puke.

We don't know why it didn't make the full circuit.

We don't know why it's still there.

We don't know what the rescue plan is. 

We don't know what emails have been sent or calls have been made. 

We do know that it was really windy that day. It didn’t make it through the course because it was really windy *and* empty. 

Yes that is an assumption but a very calculated one. 

It’s still there because they apparently chose to try a pull though - probably the most complex of the options - using multiple cranes, cables and pullies - then just hoping the numbers are right that it will make it around… empty… from a standing start. 

We don’t know the lines or communication but what I have pointed out is similar issues have been solved in days - not weeks by simply picking the train up, putting it on a truck and rebuilding it again on the maintenance track.. or maybe even the holding brake ?

I feel like Movie World may be looking at other options now like potentially borrowing the launch track from Tiapan to rock launch it back to the station. 

9 minutes ago, Noll_57 said:

Seems that VRTP have updated their advertisements to show Superman Escape instead of DC Rivals (have noticed this on multiple advertising boards recently). This particular billboard used to have an image of DC Rivals before the incident.  

C2067234-FDAF-4632-BC77-AC875593C1AB.jpeg

Good eye, it may be a coincidence, or it could reinforce what I was told yesterday, that rivals ain't reopening anytime soon.

• joz locked this topic