Sea World Maintenance 2023

themagician

On 29/09/2023 at 9:57 PM, REGIE said:

It’s funny I feel safe puting my stuff in most the boxes but it feels wrong on jet rescue to me.. not sure why. Maybe because the lockers exist it feels like you’re cheating using the station boxes. 

Jet rescue is a two-train operation with separate load and unload stations. To have boxes on the station at Jet Rescue is an abomination.

28 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Jet rescue is a two-train operation with separate load and unload stations. To have boxes on the station at Jet Rescue is an abomination.

Agreed that it’s not the best setup but when was the last time JR ran with two trains?

I cant recall it doing so in recent years.  

Storm now has Loose Item bins in the station, did not get a photograph of them though, as the ride itself had a long wait, but it negates the need for their previous, Superman-esque system

For those curious IMG_2719.thumb.jpeg.a72e795103ed58c7e0056ebda185906b.jpeg

Edited by Park Addict 93

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

that shouldn't be an excuse for introducing boxes on the station. How about instead they run the two damn trains!

Definitley shouldn't be an excuse, but genually, does anyone know when they did last run two trains? If I remember correctly, there was a while when there was only one train on site and in recent years the second train returned, but hasn't been used?

And isn't there a wall that seperates the load and unload stations? Could they not just have double sided storage boxes/lockers in this wall and that would solve the issue?

35 minutes ago, themagician said:

Definitley shouldn't be an excuse, but genually, does anyone know when they did last run two trains? If I remember correctly, there was a while when there was only one train on site and in recent years the second train returned, but hasn't been used?

And isn't there a wall that seperates the load and unload stations? Could they not just have double sided storage boxes/lockers in this wall and that would solve the issue?

the ride already has storage boxes, once you get off the ride you access them on the other side. they have been in for years now.

19 minutes ago, themagician said:

So if they still have that in place, why are locker's still a requirement then? And why aren't they using two trains during peak periods?

The storage boxes on JR aren't nearly as big as the Motocoasters revolving shelf. It's really only big enough for phones/hats/sunnies etc. For us we needed a locker for our backpack so we just chucked everything in the locker at the same time.

I remember seeing the ride op struggling to slide the cover over and having the fight with bag straps etc.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/10/2023 at 10:25 PM, Brad2912 said:

It’s my first visit since Carnivalle, and it was running 2 then. 

Previous to that was back a couple of weeks after Levi opened and it was running 2 then as well

I don't believe it was running 2 trains constantly a couple of weeks after it opened.   I remember they tried to run 2 trains on the first day and because of the pre-show, it was no benefit to run 2 trains.  I also remember the ride was down more than open in the first few months and running 2 trains was the last thing on their minds. Thinking back to it, I remember one off the trains was inoperable for months, when the coaster first opened.

We gave Trident a go on Friday night for the first time, took the crew five attempts to get everyone locked in because the seatbelt sensors weren't triggering properly. No wonder this ride struggles for capacity. Perhaps they can retrofit manual key-style locks in the next maintenance period?

Edited by aaronm

Just now, aaronm said:

We gave Trident a go on Friday night for the first time, took the crew five attempts to get everyone locked in because the seatbelt sensors weren't triggering properly. No wonder this ride struggles for capacity. Perhaps they can retrofit the old 'key' locks in the next maintenance period?

It’s a disaster of a ride. 

On 21/10/2023 at 9:42 PM, Tricoart said:

Pretty sure I’ve seen Levi using both at least once, but i’d imagine they’ve got it operating similarly to that of JR, where 99.9% of the time they’ll rely on just the one.

Wait JR can run 2 trains? I have never once experienced this.  Thats gotta be the rarest credit in the Gold Coast, ride JR while it’s running the 2nd train

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Well now I feel old. 

Sorry, and I’m guessing you’re just joking, but if you’re not then a better term’d be ‘experienced’. ‘Cause, while not explicitly making you ‘old’, being *older* means you’ve been attending the parks longer, and therefore could see them change & evolve much more than the younger user base has. I don’t remember Sea World having a SkyWay, I just remember them having a SpongeBob-themed main island. Don’t remember Viking’s Revenge, just their advertising for a SpongeBob 4D movie in the castle it was built on. Don’t remember Sea Viper, or Gremlins/LTRR @ MW, etc. Despite going there often when most of these existed, because I focused on other aspects due to my age, I just don’t remember them. All I know is that they existed, and the general thoughts about them, solely ‘cause of those that were lucky enough to experience it themselves.

Anyway, did it used to run 2 trains commonly? And if so, roughly when did that stop, if you know?

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1