New rides have been added to the maintenance schedule:

• 24 April-3 June - Sylvester and Tweety Cages
  • 24 April-23 June - DC Rivals Hypercoaster
  • 24 April-23 June - Wild West Falls
  • 22 May-23 June - Road Runner Rollercoaster
  • 17 July-4 August - SCOOB 4D Experience
  • 17 July-15 September - Green Lantern
  • 17 July-15 September - Yosemite Sam Railroad

Mostly similar to 2022 except Yosemite is moved from May to July.

26 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Booked flights for May to the Gold Coast so I could finally ride DC Rivals and now they do this shit. Guess I'm never going to get to ride the damn thing.

Rivals has the same maintenance period (if not around the same time) every year, you should’ve waited until maintenance period schedules were posted prior to booking a trip that far in advanced. 

As far as I know, scooby didn't have any announced upgrades, but occasionally VRTP do minor upgrades during annual maintenance so potentially they could have completed something.

Have the annual maintenance periods been extended? I swear years ago it was 4 weeks, then 6 weeks, now it looks like 8 weeks.

Edited by Naazon

• rappa changed the title to Movie World Scheduled Maintenance 2023

I'm reposting this here to hopefully clarify so that everyone is on the same page.

Day-to-day unexpected closures or stoppages are of no interest to the vast majority, unless it's in the context of a new attraction, a sidenote in a larger trip report, or a significant occurrence. Notice how there's generally no interesting responses to these minute-by-minute screenshots of maintenance page updates?

If you have something specific and interesting to discuss, like Leviathan's ongoing issues or The Wedgie/Fully 6 being closed for a long time, feel free to post in the main Theme Park Discussion forum, just make sure it's in a specific topic dedicated to discussing it.

Take two minutes before posting something. Think critically.

• Are your posts contributing to a meaningful discussion?
  • Are you directly replying to what others are discussing in the topic?
  • Are you accompanying photos, links or screenshots with some sort of new information, opinion or additional questions that will further the discussion?

If it's not directly related to what's being posted then it probably belongs in a different topic. If you're starting a new topic, make sure it's specific and will spark conversation. And if you are finding that no one is directly responding to your posts, it might be a sign to reconsider or find a way to make it more interesting.

Sorry if there's been any confusion about the sort of discussion we want to foster, or where it should be posted.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

A multi million dollar upgrade.. that they announce (checks calendar) 3 days out. 

The timing may not be ideal for those travelling soon and planning to ride it, but it makes sense given the Oz construction. They can smash out both projects at once with plenty of access behind the Scooby building. I'd say something happened recently that meant they needed to make a quick decision like supplies coming in, etc.

1 minute ago, New display name said:

The rumour I've heard is SDSC is being shut down earlier then planed.  Just a rumour👀.

To me this makes sense considering the abruptness, since recently reopening from the unscheduled maintenance it has been operating at reduced capacity (less cars) and no VQ.

I did a ride on the 22nd and it was a noticeable gap between cars in the station.

• 2 weeks later...