Dreamworld's new IP applications 2022

i think dreamworld need a water ride but not a log fume because wild west falls has already at mw has already taken that spot unless dreamworld spend a lot in theming a good ride for them would be this. this was an idea from @Ogrefrom a while back and it think it would be perfect. good for family and thrill seekers without competing with wild west falls. its unique 

• Like 2

Visiting the park today, it seemed pretty clear that the Dreamworks license is about to expire. The most obvious thing being that the gift shop has now been completely gutted.

58B3CE8B-4925-44C3-BFA4-7F53430695A6.thumb.jpeg.f9455dba029eaeafc66979b978b23405.jpeg4F9BC7D2-D783-4C2C-85EE-751A479283A2.thumb.jpeg.eefb2eccfea8ebf0558a28556bbb6ba9.jpeg94A46EEE-8CA4-4B12-B886-3045AEC294E4.thumb.jpeg.c4b668f039d9ddd69ec67b3d9dbee89d.jpeg

The area is in pretty desperate need of some TLC right now and considering Dreamworld are usually pretty good with their presentation and upkeep, the fact it hasn’t received it seems like another clear sign it’s days are numbered.

69EAD6B0-E386-4FF4-9C45-6CE04ECFC5C6.thumb.jpeg.ce3ab0cf70dbd5e500056e96146cfe40.jpeg

At this point, I’d say it’s almost certain that this is where the new area will go. 

• Like 3

Removing the onerous licence costs and associated fees payable to Dreamworks for use of their the themes and characters (Oger, Madagascar characters....) will save the theme park millions of dollars that will them be able to be reinvested back into the theme parks. 

Anticipate Dreamworld to make a conservative effort to grow their theme park thumb print identity and inorganic brand through strong advertising of Kenny and Belinda the Koala.  

As per last week's ASX announcement, Ardent shall detail the path forwards in relation to the above by month ending at the latest.  Should renewal of the exorbitantly expensive Dreamworks licences not be renewed, this will place Dreamworld at a significant advantage to other theme parks in regards too cost reduction, cost savings and profitability, all being highly beneficial to guess experience in the short to medium term. 

Completely forgot to post after my visit on Saturday… when I was on Tail Spin you could clearly notice they have cleared and levelled the land out of the back towards the boneyard, where the Monster Trucks were a couple of years ago…. And in the middle of that cleared land - one of those “globe of death” motorcycle cages half covered by a tarp.

that coupled with the “circus” line being used constantly in promos points me to us getting a big top and circus over the holiday period. 

id hope their big announcement is far more than that however…. 

Edited by Brad2912

• Richard changed the title to Dreamworld's new IP applications 2022
  • Richard locked this topic