Village Key

Ashley Jeffery

14 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Dolphins are mammals, so probably not?

Seafood allergies are usually split between a shellfish allergy (shrimp, squid, lobster, etc. Molluscs & Crustaceans.) and a general fish allergy. There has been recognized cases of mild-moderate anaphylaxis with seal & whale meat (meaning, Pinnipeds & Cetaceans, the latter being the group including dolphins), but they're more than likely not connected to any general seafood allergy (though, as far as I can tell, it's not explicitly proven). So an allergen probably does exist for dolphin, but it's unlikely to be connected to either of the common 'seafood' allergy subgroups. However, if you have a severe allergic reaction to fish (i.e. one including 'traces of'/coming into contact with fish), obviously that's what a dolphin's diet consists of, so that could possibly cause a reaction. I went way too much into this.

Edited by Tricoart

40 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Dolphins are mammals, so probably not?

Anything from the sea you can eat is Seafood. You can purchase dolphins for consumption in some countries but the problem with dolphins like most big fish is, dolphin has high levels of mercury in it so you can only consume a little.  It does not taste like fish or chicken and is said to have a game meat taste.  Only recently Japan stopped selling it but you can still buy it on the black-market in Japan.

50 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

This is VIP Gold all over again - all these amazing perks like early entry, and one ride open early exclusively for VIP gold holders... and then that slowly phased out...

The only problem I have with it is Village won't tell us what the perks are.  (Besides the f&b discount)

1 hour ago, New display name said:

The only problem I have with it is Village won't tell us what the perks are.

It'll be the same useless offers they roll out to passholders from time to time. Discounted helicopter flights, free breakfast at the Sea World Resort, partner offers for Stan etc. I can't see them doing anything substantial.

5 minutes ago, aaronm said:

I can't see them doing anything substantial.

With rides, I feel like the only thing they will do is either open them up for Village Key members a few days earlier before the people without it, or make an exclusive time for them to ride them. Cannot see them making exclusive rides for Village Key members only. It would also be bad for people interstate not able to ride rides "because only Village Key members can" (as most likely they wouldn't have them)

I get the joke but can we try not to derail every thread with zinger Atlantis burns. It just makes the forums a total gross mess and then we have to moderate and that’s very dull. The reviews thread is already a shambles, much like the opening week so let’s just let that be the place for it please. 

• Love it! 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Yes but it would be very annoying and a major rip off if they discontinued a payed extra before it really gave any benefit’s.  Imagine paying $25 only to learn you got completely ripped off and you got nothing.  Then everyone would be complaining about that.  It’s good they have stuck with it so far. Only other option would be refund everyone or offer a free backwards ride or something if it was to be discontinued.

Edited by REGIE

If there's one thing we should have learned by now is that Village will announce a product that contains a certain level of benefits, then slowly strip those benefits away without compensating anyone, before eventually deliberately tanking the product by completely obliterating it's value to the user, forcing them to stop using the product entirely.

• Like 3

The prizes:

• The winner of the Leviathan Quest will win a two-night stay at Sea World Resort plus a VIP behind the scenes tour of the Leviathan ride, after hours, with the Sea World operations team. This is your chance to hear all about the ride’s construction, maintenance, and a whole host of interesting facts about the world’s most iconic wooden rollercoaster. It’s truly a money-can’t-buy experience.
  • Second place will receive a Whale Watching Tour for Four People and the third-place participant will win Two Hours of Topgolf gameplay for themselves and 5 friends.
  • For every five Experience Points collected, you will receive a Leviathan Egg that hatches into a 3D Leviathan character of varying rarity. These Leviathan characters allow you to be part of an exclusive community and the more you ride, the more Leviathan characters you can collect.

You get 1 exp point per ride. Ride 5 times to get an Leviathan egg! (I guess they have excess stock haha)

Edited by Ogre

So this primarily benefits people who visit the parks very regularly. Given Leviathan's current ~50% uptime, the odds of getting 5 rides in in a day are low. It's good that they're having a bit of a 'how many rides can you do' contest, but considering there'd be only a handful of key holders, and even a smaller number of those in a position to ride regularly, i'm wondering if they'd get more folks interested if the prizes were based on a 'draw' system with every ride on the coaster counting as one 'entry' into the draw?

This whole program just sounds weird to me.

Would be nice to at least have (X) xp = free backwards and stuff.  I like the concept. Probably not executed great but still a good concept.  Still so irritating they keep calling Levi the “worlds most iconic wooden coaster” why not southern hemisphere’s tallest or fastest wooden roller coaster?