Village Key

Ashley Jeffery

12 hours ago, Park Addict 93 said:

Also worth noting the “early access to event tickets” didn’t eventuate at all for FN or SN.

Honestly thats fucking pathetic on behalf of their marketing and comms teams. It's literally a selling point for the product and at first opportunity they fumble it. All they had to do was email key holders a link 24 hours in advance. 

I wonder whether this has any implications with the ACCC.

Village Key Perks

• Monthly offers and benefits
  • Money-can’t-buy experience prize draws
  • Access to exclusive digital collectibles (coming soon…)
  • In-park digital quests
  • Discounts on Food, Beverage & Merchandise in-park
  • Early access to after-hours event tickets
  • Opportunity to vote in Village Key decisions

It's almost as if everyone is just doing their own thing without regard to the other elements of the brand. You sell a premium membership experience like Key (which is sold as "the ultimate digital extension to any Village Roadshow experience", but then you release exclusive content on another platform requiring a separate subscription and don't appear to offer any access or benefit to those with 'the ultimate digital extension'.

Ultimate

adj. being the best or most extreme example of its kind.

n. the best achievable or imaginable of its kind.

Clearly Tiktok is making them a quick buck. After investing so much into the Key experience and then having such a poor uptake on it, it's probably not a surprise they'd essentially abandon their supposed premium product in favour of the newest quick buck. 

VIP Gold

Premier Membership

and now.... Village Key.

COMPLETE THE COLLECTION

The Leviathan Quest has begun! A limited number of Leviathan eggs have been unearthed. Within these eggs lie the extraordinary beings known as Leviathans. Each egg cradles one of five distinct types of characters, with various rarities increasing with the specific oceanic depths in which they were discovered.

Each Leviathan possesses their own captivating specificities, encompassing their Belly, Body, Eyes, Horns, and Tail. These distinguishing features make every Leviathan truly unique.

Every Key Holder will get the chance to hatch their very own Leviathan. Your egg is sitting in your Village Key right now! What will you unlock?

To complete your collection and win the legendary Fathom, you need to finish in the top 100 of the Leviathan Quest leaderboard!

HATCHING PROCESS

As a Leviathan Keeper, you are tasked with nurturing your egg to hatch it and unlock the hidden character within. There are two ways to hatch your egg and reveal your Leviathan!

1. Guardians Watch: To keep your egg safe, Keepers are required to share their unique code with a friend who will pledge their support and become a Village Key Holder too. This code can be found in your profile or on the Village Key Homepage by tapping the '+ Friend' button. 

2. Birthplace Journey: By venturing to Sea World and riding the mighty Leviathan rollercoaster, the egg will hatch after three rides and reveal the hidden Leviathan within.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who'd have guessed that they would couple in some way to try to make more money by you referring a friend haha

Surprised you dont get bonuses for joining their TikTok channel 

Further info from the landing page on the website

Inspired by the iconic Leviathan ride at Sea World, and powered by Block Chain technology, the Leviathan Quest sets a new benchmark for theme park experiences, combining exhilarating rides with a ground-breaking interactive digital quest. Taking part in the Quest, you'll earn experience points (XP) every time you ride the Leviathan, allowing you to level up and become a true legend of the park.

But that's not all - the Leviathan Quest also lets you compete for prizes. Think of it as a real-life game, where you're not just visiting a theme park - you're becoming a contender in an epic adventure. The thrill of the competition, combined with the excitement of riding Leviathan, makes for an experience like no other.

And if you're looking for even more ways to engage with the world of New Atlantis, you won’t be disappointed. Every participant in the Quest will receive a free digital collectable– a Leviathan egg that can be cared for and hatched to reveal a unique 3D Leviathan of a random rarity. The more you ride, the more rare and unique characters you can add to your collection.

WHEN DOES THE QUEST START?

The Quest is launching in August. Key Holders will be the first to know when the Quest is live.

HOW DO I PARTICIPATE IN THE QUEST?

Every Village Key holder is eligible to participate in the Quest. Simply log in to the Village Key platform to view your key that contains a unique QR code needed to validate each ride you take on the Leviathan attraction at Sea World and compete for prizes during the quest.

If you don't have a Village Key, don't worry - you can still participate in the Quest. Simply head to the Village Key platform (villagekey.com.au) and purchase a key. This purchase also gives you access to a variety of exclusive benefits and experiences throughout the park.

With your Village Key, you'll be able to immerse yourself in an epic game in which you become a real-life legend. Join the Leviathan Quest and compete with your friends and other park-goers for exciting prizes. Whether you're a seasoned thrill-seeker or a first-time visitor, the Leviathan Quest is the perfect way to take your experience to the next level.

HOW DOES THE LEVIATHAN QUEST WORK?

All Key holders can participate in the quest by accumulating as many Experience Points (XP) as possible on their card during the duration of the quest. Every time you ride the Leviathan attraction, you’ll earn experience points that will help you climb up the ranks and compete with other park-goers for exciting prizes.

At the end of the quest, everyone who participates will be eligible to win a variety of exciting prizes. Will you be one of the lucky winners? There’s only one way to find out - get your Village Key today and start accumulating those experience points to increase your chances!

HOW DO I EARN "EXPERIENCE POINTS" (XP)?

Every time you ride the Leviathan attraction, you'll have the opportunity to scan your Village Key and validate your ride. For each validated ride, you'll earn one Experience Point (XP). The more you ride, the more experience points you'll accumulate - and the higher you'll climb up the leaderboard.

So how many experience points can you earn? It all depends on how much you ride! Every time you visit the Leviathan attraction and validate your ride, you'll earn one XP on your Village Key.

WHY SHOULD I COLLECT "EXPERIENCE POINTS" (XP)?

Experience Points are your key to success in the Leviathan Quest. The more XP you collect, the higher you'll climb up the leaderboard - and the more chances you'll have to win exciting prizes.

The winner of the Leviathan Quest will win a two-night stay at Sea World Resort plus a VIP behind the scenes tour of the Leviathan ride, after hours, with the Sea World operations team. This is your chance to hear all about the ride’s construction, maintenance, and a whole host of interesting facts about the world’s most iconic wooden rollercoaster. It’s truly a money-can’t-buy experience.

Second place will receive a Whale Watching Tour for Four People and the third-place participant will win Two Hours of Topgolf gameplay for themselves and 5 friends.

For every five Experience Points collected, you will receive a Leviathan Egg that hatches into a 3D Leviathan character of varying rarity. These Leviathan characters allow you to be part of an exclusive community and the more you ride, the more Leviathan characters you can collect.

Experience points (XP) are also your key to advancing to the later stages of The Quest. Every participant in the Leviathan Quest will receive early access to the next phase.

Become a real-life hero and start earning points today!

15 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

1. Guardians Watch: To keep your egg safe, Keepers are required to share their unique code with a friend who will pledge their support and become a Village Key Holder too. This code can be found in your profile or on the Village Key Homepage by tapping the '+ Friend' button. 

Sounds like a pyramid.  🤣

Edited by New display name
  • Like 3

The only way to 'play' is to ride Leviathan OR get a friend to pay $25 for Village Key.  I feel like this isn't so much a 'quest' as it is increasing the wait time on a signature attraction.  It seems... lazy.

Also, a whale watching tour for four people seems like a better prize than 2 nights at SWR with a roller coaster 'tour'.

But, a real opportunity to do an amazing treasure hunt with an educational experience has been missed here.

Imagine if you had to collect items from around the park to build a nest for your egg - from Castaway Bay or Nick Central, and then 'capture' different fish etc. from Shark Bay Castaway Bay or Jellies illuminated to feed it.  Find it some dolphin or seal friends at the shows/exhibits and get to know the animal's names. 

Village Key is clearly for locals. It should try to make a park visit more interesting and exciting for locals, to encourage repeat visits. You could fill out an entire day doing things that you might otherwise miss or overlook, taking you into the corners of the park you rarely visit, and building a more intimate connection with the animals by getting to know them better - plus, keeping the kids engaged for a full day with a proper 'hunt' for things.  Use the App and the Village Key to encourage people to explore the whole park, not just ride Leviathan.

It really wouldn't take much to execute something like this.  A few QR codes to be scanned, some 'Atlantean' symbols or phrases around the park to be collected and solved to find the next item on the list. Some animations or photos in the app, a bit of a story to wrap it all together...  it could have been simple enough for kids, but fun enough for adults.

Then again, I expected the Villains Unleashed bracelets to allow people to collect 'points' at movie world for interacting with rides and shows, that would unlock cool things in that area and they never did that.

I feel like Dreamworld has a solid opportunity to do a digital experience right with the opening of Jungle Rush.  Hopefully they read this post and learn.  (I would happily design something for them if they asked).

13 hours ago, wikiverse said:

Imagine if you had to collect items from around the park to build a nest for your egg - from Castaway Bay or Nick Central, and then 'capture' different fish etc. from Shark Bay Castaway Bay or Jellies illuminated to feed it.  Find it some dolphin or seal friends at the shows/exhibits and get to know the animal's names. 

Don't be ridiculous. What you're suggesting requires thought and effort.

All of this feels a bit pathetic. Maybe because it’s not for me and not something I would ever use or want to try out, but I can’t see this lasting. All of these subscriptions/extras they now have seems like wasted resources when they could be putting these efforts into the product they have (the parks themselves).

But if anyone thinks this is worth while and they see good opportunities, I’d like to hear your thoughts 

• Like 1

On 24/8/2023 at 7:01 PM, Park Addict 93 said:

Also worth noting the “early access to event tickets” didn’t eventuate at all for FN or SN.

They have actually done another dodgy here and quietly updated the Website to state White Christmas and Carnivale rather than all the events. I’m positive FN was previously specified.IMG_0460.thumb.jpeg.2e382c67b4a880fba22c5fbd28fb70c6.jpeg

As a keyhole who planned to ride Levi a fair few times today anyway I thought I would try out the “quest”.

Here are the self scan stations in between photo screens.

IMG_0403.thumb.jpeg.8a9687dec3e716f9c79cd74861e0cb64.jpeg

Cant comment on the virtual creatures yet as none of the scans yet have registered to my Village Key account.

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Oh, so you can pretty easily rort the system without even riding.. classic 

I mean is that really the problem here? Like a few posts ago there were complaints about it adding to the queue. People will complain no matter what.

Here's the thing, and I think this will be a controversial take; Leviathan has performed well since opening. The downtime it has had has been  fairly minimal, one of the lowest in the park, and the queue generally hasn't been stupidly long. I think throughput in the 200s is stupidly low, even for Sea World, but all things considered it more often than not is pretty close to demand.

I'm of the view that currently, SW's major thrill only needs capacity of around 400-500 during peak season, so 300 off peak is fine, but high 200s where it sits isn't nearly as bad as the commentary here would have you believe. If they can run JR at 400+ or Storm at 500+ then Levi's 400+ with 2 trains is plenty.

While Trident is a total biscuit and I think SBF Visa should be banned from new ride discussions, Leviathan, even with its less than ideal ops is 'OK'.

As for Village Key, it's an external mob running it, and while clearly evil, it's less evil than the time-share mob that used to be in all the parks.

I'd be curious to know the percentage of sales that went to some old love buying tickets for their grand kids who wanted to give them the best experience compared to the actual target market of people who care about anything blockchain.

To me 'this outsourced shit kind of evil' is a significantly better point than 'this outsourced shit should let you buy fright night tickets first even though they still haven't sold out'

7 minutes ago, joz said:

I mean is that really the problem here? Like a few posts ago there were complaints about it adding to the queue. People will complain no matter what.

It’s not a problem, it’s just yet another oversight. It would far more sense to have the QR scanner just before the glass sliding door so during grouping those who want to take part can scan, than to have it outside the ride where anyone can walk up to the scanner without having ridden. 

doesn't matter to me in the slightest, but from a fairness of competition point of view there should be some due diligence or attempt at creating fairness