Jungle Rush Coaster

mattcrombie

I am actually really excited about jungle rush now. I realised it’s been basically since eureka mountain that we have seen dreamworld build a fully custom 1 of 1 fullcircuit roller coaster. It will be interesting when we get some more detailed concept artwork.  I wonder if it will take the Southern Hemispheres longest coaster title or not.. 

• 1 month later...

The more I look at this test construction currently happening the more I think it's DW's new coaster.  Do people think I'm off the mark?

789435128_Edpsj961.thumb.jpg.b1467067f069ebca6fba38fa284bd2ba.jpg

Red Circle - pivot point.

Blue track - Track finishing location after rotation.

Green track - track still to be built.

Edpsj9677777777777777777777.thumb.jpg.6484746218a16e518f852bb391a7c711.jpg

MrRc has modelled it in NL2

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.thumb.jpg.03e80491d90a92d05f546e65558d3710.jpg

Vekoma building ZigZag test-construction @ Vlodrop | Page 2 | FORUMS - COASTERFORCE

DW called it a turntable which is the only thing that gives me doubts about this.

Edited by New display name

8 hours ago, New display name said:

DW called it a turntable which is the only thing that gives me doubts about this.

7 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Accurate descriptions are not their thing 

Greg has been a lot more transparent and doesn't shy away from throwing around the exact names for specific ride elements so it remains to be seen what the actual situation is with this coaster. 

Not to get into the semantics of it but i think it's safe to say a track switch and a turntable are generally interchangeable terms, whether its a simple track switch (a la most modern coasters) or an actual turntable (think Gerstlauer).

image.thumb.png.01285e689bf41c8c44c44f605b486437.png

I think it's also a bit interesting to note that not one coaster listed on RCDB with a turntable listed as an element is a vekoma product. I think it'll be that track switch we see above being tested right now, possibly even sent straight to dreamworld from the factory like what they did with the tilt coaster drop.

Edited by Baconjack

It might be that my definition is too simple, but IMO (and likely the thinking behind why it's being called a turntable in the first place) is that a 'switch track' is a whole section of track that moves linearly in one direction to be completely out of sync with the previous path, setting up another entirely unique section of track for that path, all while the coaster train is not locked onto either of the track pieces (i.e. 'switch track', it switches the track piece, examples being most coaster's paths to maintenance/storage, or ST's launch). Whereas a 'turntable' functions more like a 'transfer track/table', where it's function is to set the same section of track up to an entirely unique path whilst the train is locked onto it, and does so via pivoting instead of the linear movement of a transfer track/table (see the Gerstlauer example above for a 'turntable', and Blue Fire clones' maintenance/storage bays or Star Trek: Operation Enterprise's pre-launch sequence for 'transfer track/table' examples).

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, REGIE said:

I mean when they said tilted turn table I thought a classic turning circle with track attached but when I saw the concept art I still just thought turn table so I don’t think it matters to much

A 360° turntable on an incline, while perhaps maybe a more intriguing concept than this actual inclined turntable, would also be pretty useless on a coaster of this type (the only type I could see it having a use case on is an LSM launch coaster). If you look at the beginning of this thread, you’ll see why it’s the way that it is, and a 360° turntable just wouldn’t really allow for that at all.

2 hours ago, jjuttp said:

Thematically a 360 could make sense. Considering the theme is Jeeps, i'd expect an oh shit lets turn around moment, and it just 180's and spits you out still going forward.

I mean, maybe, but this is seemingly Vekoma's first turntable, so unless done with the same precision & speed that Gerstlauer does their typical ones, or being done entirely within a well-themed room with an active storyline taking place (which, while Dreamworld says they're doing show scenes for it, I doubt they'd do something of that proportion), it could quickly become an Expedition Everest switch track moment.

Edited by Tricoart

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Gazza said:

I'm guessing it's a spare train they had on site to test the element.

Between 2016 to 2019, Vekoma made no fewer than 28 different "Crazy Taxi" junior coasters for Indonesia's Trans Studios mini-parks, to the point that they mass produced the trains. It's entirely plausible that one of those coaster trains never got shipped and just ended up remaining at the warehouse.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...