Dreamworld - Kenny & Belinda's Dreamland Updates

Ogre

I guess it comes down to the interdependency of the theming (which I don't think will be an issue). When they did Dreamworks the entire area went down for the transformation, and everything opened at once with a big reveal. 

Given K&B Dreamland isn't Dreamworks, I think they could probably stagger it - especially since the parents room is going to be in the middle of the land, and many of the changes to the attractions are primarily signage and cosmetic, with power and services run to each location already in the case of ride relocations. The only big changes I think will require partial closures would be the conversion of KFP land to Ocean Parade, and since that is the main entry to tiger island, i'm not sure what they plan to do there (although this is all speculation so i'm not sure what any of their plans are...)

8 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Given K&B Dreamland isn't Dreamworks, I think they could probably stagger it

I am thinking they could do it during the annual maintenance period - say EFM goes down in April, the refurb to KFF is done then and opened in May or June. Same could happen with OGR and DF to BIP and BRP respectively, and GG and PIB (however they were not shown during the announcements and the new rides need space so will probably be retired).  Pandanonium would be a problem however.

It all comes down to whether there is any Dreamworks indicia remaining on the rides that they need to remove by a certain date, though they seem to be making quick progress on the gift shop and other signage has already been removed, so not sure whether they have the luxury of waiting for the next maintenance period to do it.

I always remember these as a kid were an iconic part of Dreamworld. They had some in the fountain in the front of the park and in this fountain where these new ones are going, but that’s all I remember. Were they anywhere else in the park? What were they called? Did you have to pay? Did they open with the park originally and when did they close/remove them?

3 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Wonder how payment will work as the old gold coin isn’t as prevalent in peoples pockets as it once was.

I’m assuming it will have tap card payments - $2 for 2mins or something similar 

It might be closer to $10 but idk. 

i am probably the last person who doesn’t use a phone to buy stuff. I like cash 

19 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

Seems like Ardent’s best idea was appointing Greg as CEO… Dreamworld are ticking all the boxes so far, let’s see if they deliver over the next 5 years

Yes it was. Greg is finally starting to turn Dreamworld around after years of neglect. The new additions will finally make up for all the rides lost in the past 10 years.

It seems the current DW management realised that the park was actually great pre 2000s and all the classic nostalgia that everyone loved was taken away. We’ve already seen over the last couple years small things/changes me made to fix this and this will only continue and get better 

On 17/12/2022 at 8:04 AM, New display name said:

Yes they cost money.  Yes they were a prick to drive.  DW also had a remote truck track.   You  spent the whole time trying to connect the prime mover up to the trailer.🤣

This 100%. Wonderland had similar with the boats and the trucks, and yes the prime mover and trailer were a bastard.

(The boats at Wonderland were modified by the park crew to run faster, so much so that they had to limit the power going to the motor to prevent guests beaching the boats)

Back when I worked in the retail department, it was our responsibility to install the batteries each day and test run them. Many a quiet weekday was spent driving \ parking these things, and of course when the batteries ran flat someone would need to don the waders to retrieve and install a new battery (though you hoped a guest would complain it was slow before it went flat so you could drive it back rather than having to wade out).

In later years, it became a maintenance responsibility and retail would just give credits on a different boat if one was flat.

On 17/12/2022 at 10:16 AM, REGIE said:

It might be closer to $10 but idk.  

At $10, it's a wasted investment. $2-$5 will definitely get the pocket money. Additionally, it is within the night market space, so there may even be more opportunity for it to make some money as night entertainment for the kids - a few battery\solar christmas lights on each boat would make it really cool for nighttime use.

15 hours ago, New display name said:

I agree.  The boats were never popular.

Perhaps not at Dreamworld, but as an attraction they can definitely make a shit-ton of cash if done right.

2 hours ago, REGIE said:

Cameras would just Complicate it

It would give you (read: kids) the feeling of being on the boat and allow for a different perspective.

2 hours ago, REGIE said:

3D ride signs or 2D printed ride signs

3D. What do you remember more? The Gold Rush sign or the Wiggles one from the other thread?

• Like 1

the Dreamland Parent Centre opened today in time for the school holidays.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmfXU_evnWT/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The Remota Boats have also opened up today at the park, they are $5 for 5mins.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cmf-_gJJhVx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by Rivals
  • Like 3