Dreamworld - Kenny & Belinda's Dreamland Updates

Ogre

I mean that ride was old when DW bought it. I doubt there's much that original but I seem to recall it was the better part of 20 years old when DW opened.

Also loved that ride as a kid, one of my favs for a long time growing up just re-rideable and joyous. I vividly remember going overseas as a kid to a park with a proper wave swinge,r and thinking how much better Zoomer was. Wave swinger was much more impressive and bigger, but somehow to my 7 year old mind, no where near as fun. I haven't been on it for a long time because you know, adult, but my last ride as an adult it surprised me by how fun it still was. Seriously rate it and lots of nostalgia for it.

Having said all that, there's not a single part of me that thinks they're doing the wrong here getting rid of it for a proper wave swinger. My brief for the wave swinger at the front was 'Must be charming'. Early signs are management are of that opinion too. Fair play, fairwell Zoomer.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, joz said:

I mean that ride was old when DW bought it. I doubt there's much that original but I seem to recall it was the better part of 20 years old when DW opened.

Also loved that ride as a kid, one of my favs for a long time growing up just re-rideable and joyous. I vividly remember going overseas as a kid to a park with a proper wave swinge,r and thinking how much better Zoomer was. Wave swinger was much more impressive and bigger, but somehow to my 7 year old mind, no where near as fun. I haven't been on it for a long time because you know, adult, but my last ride as an adult it surprised me by how fun it still was. Seriously rate it and lots of nostalgia for it.

Having said all that, there's not a single part of me that thinks they're doing the wrong here getting rid of it for a proper wave swinger. My brief for the wave swinger at the front was 'Must be charming'. Early signs are management are of that opinion too. Fair play, fairwell Zoomer.

I loved it when it was in front of the Thunderbolt, complete with the carnie fencing haha. And the operators constantly telling you to "lift up your feet" as you came in for landing. Honestly... that ride and the Stingray when it was next to the Wipeout really holds a special place in my heart for memories of Dreamworld. Although, I'd say it still honestly has some life in it, it's a very simple ride design and there's still another version of it travelling in Australia fairly sure.

I think because most artists who work on signage now would be doing it on computer where the screen is very close to your eyes so it would be easy to read and see the detail. So doing red on red with a white outline wouldn’t seem like a problem to read.  But when you get it printed and you have to look at it from a distance it becomes a massive problem.  I could be completely wrong, that’s just my guess.       I am sure Dean has better knowledge about the subject from one of his various jobs /s

Edited by REGIE
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, REGIE said:

I think because most artists who work on signage now would be doing it on computer where the screen is very close to your eyes so it would be easy to read and see the detail. So doing red on red with a white outline wouldn’t seem like a problem to read.  But when you get it printed and you have to look at it from a distance it becomes a massive problem.  I could be completely wrong, that’s just my guess.       I am sure Dean has better knowledge about the subject from one of his various jobs /s

Any graphic artist worth their salt will take into account the medium being used to print to. 
I could have got a 1st year graphic art student on Fiverr to do a better job and for under $50 

• Like 3

Keen to hear others thoughts on a mostly/all brown coaster in the middle of a kids/family area? If it were surrounded by trees it could work really well, but if the area remains bare, I can’t help but think it might look a little ‘blah’ and unappealing, and won’t add much to the overall look of the land?

2 hours ago, Sammus said:

Keen to hear others thoughts on a mostly/all brown coaster in the middle of a kids/family area? If it were surrounded by trees it could work really well, but if the area remains bare, I can’t help but think it might look a little ‘blah’ and unappealing, and won’t add much to the overall look of the land?

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the top of the coaster supports being painted green to resemble a tree? I recall seeing it on some concept art somewhere

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ogre said:

firefox_r0kZg6twLI.thumb.png.2d711953a67fa73dbe48b874cc1ae548.png

Some stats for the upcoming Wiggles Coaster from IAAPA Singapore (ZamperlaCoasters Instagram)

Here's an idea of that footprint overlaid on the rides it will replace. Looks like a realignment of the pathway which gives less of a dead-end feel near carousel...

map_20230411.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PoolGuy said:

Doesn't make sense why they left that last small section of the tower station and tube.

Cost vs benefit. 

The rest of the track and tunnel was easier to access to remove, and improved the general appearance. 

The station is large, complicated and somewhat restricted to access. The over run tube is also close to the tigers. Small benefit to remove against a large cost. 

It's possible the building is slated for a future use too. 

Edited by red dragin