Dreamworld - Kenny & Belinda's Dreamland Updates

Ogre

Looks like they're slowly adding more theming to the Kenny attractions, which is nice to see. I'm curious though, do you think Dreamworld is better off taking their time to add more immersive theming rather than rushing rides open? Seems like it could improve the experience long term if the area really feels like Kenny's world.

• Like 1

On 24/11/2023 at 3:30 PM, Ashley Jeffery said:

Gotta give Dreamworld props thier having a good crack at it.

By the looks of things, they've got enough props.

16 hours ago, Gazza said:

Ah yes, the famous ball coaster.

Still better than a Zacspin.

14 hours ago, New display name said:

The word is out.  DW has big balls.

Ball*. Just one. Not plural.

12 hours ago, ThrillsThrillseeker said:

Looks like they're slowly adding more theming to the Kenny attractions, which is nice to see. I'm curious though, do you think Dreamworld is better off taking their time to add more immersive theming rather than rushing rides open? Seems like it could improve the experience long term if the area really feels like Kenny's world.

I'd prefer they open it fully complete and with a wow, but they can't really afford to keep rides shut if all they're waiting on  is themeing. Only regular visitors will see it open in stages anyway, and they've seen it during construction so not a big deal I guess. The interstate and once a year visitors are the ones who will get the wow... assuming that all the themeing is in place by Christmas, it's not really any harm or foul.

I do think K&B Dreamland needs more shade, and a place for parents to sit while the kids ride (at present only the ballpit has this) and rather than just shadesails everywhere - i'd love to see a tall metal "tree" that is the basis of Kenny's Forest, with branches \ leaves set to shade some of the pathways... one can dream.

14 hours ago, ThrillsThrillseeker said:

The official opening of K&B land isn't to late December, I believe.

Edited by New display name

1 hour ago, New display name said:

The official opening of K&B land isn't to late December, I believe.

When they opened Dreamworks Experience, it was all in one go with (almost) everything ready (from memory some signage pointing to various parts of Dreamworks wasn't ready until the day after opening).

They're still promoting Dodgems as being part of Dreamland though. They really need to get their shit together.

561547233_MicrosoftTeams-image(3).thumb.png.3eabb00548a3a7029b7f0af2f534c817.png

52 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

When they opened Dreamworks Experience, it was all in one go with (almost) everything ready (from memory some signage pointing to various parts of Dreamworks wasn't ready until the day after opening).

Signage and a few bits of theming were being finished off at the time of opening 

https://www.parkz.com.au/update/2012/04/03/294-April_2012.html

4 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I do think K&B Dreamland needs more shade

I believe they are currently building a shade structure in front of the carousel/planes (which will be in front of the coaster entrance). And I think there are plans for some other shade structures throughout the land because they did have some decent shading near Pandemonium that parents would use a lot, but while the coaster is under construction that’s been removed 

On 29/11/2023 at 5:41 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I'd prefer they open it fully complete and with a wow, but they can't really afford to keep rides shut if all they're waiting on  is themeing. Only regular visitors will see it open in stages anyway, and they've seen it during construction so not a big deal I guess. The interstate and once a year visitors are the ones who will get the wow... assuming that all the themeing is in place by Christmas, it's not really any harm or foul.

I do think K&B Dreamland needs more shade, and a place for parents to sit while the kids ride (at present only the ballpit has this) and rather than just shadesails everywhere - i'd love to see a tall metal "tree" that is the basis of Kenny's Forest, with branches \ leaves set to shade some of the pathways... one can dream.

That's a good point about adding more shade structures and places for parents to sit. A tall metal "tree" does sound like a cool idea to help add some shelter and really help transport visitors to Kenny's forest world. Do you think putting in more greenery throughout would help with the theming too? Even just some potted plants or hanging vines could help set the scene. It would be great if they really go all out to finish making it feel like a fully immersive land.

• Like 1

The coaster has been added to the attraction listing, so I suspect we could see it open any day now

https://www.dreamworld.com.au/rides-attractions/dreamworld/kids-rides/big-red-boat-coaster/

And Kenny & Belinda's Dreamland has it's own page on the website

https://www.dreamworld.com.au/rides-attractions/kenny-and-belinda-s-dreamland/