Wet n Wild SurfRider taken off website

Natti_amusements

Yeah it’s probably just corporate crap but maybe it means there’s some proximity rule as well and DW just had a quick look through to books to try to find a excuse instead of just saying (buzzsaw is closing due to the fact no one really wanted it in the first place and it’s never open and costs to much to keep operating so bye)

They wouldn't be a proximity rule beyond your typical clearance envelope requirements or else how would Luna Park Sydney exist with its rides so close together?

I think the only proximity they are talking about is visual proximity since you had an older ride with low ridership blocking the view of the brand new ST.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 1

Been almost a year since i’ve been here! Thought i’d throw in my two cents..

Surfrider going to either MW or SW is a big plus for either park, but the idea of putting it in the middle of Superman? Awful.

When you walk into the park, the first thing you see is Superman’s huge top hat standing tall and proud - it’s the signature entrance and what everyone knows the park for. Why ruin that with a tacky one-trick-pony that will stick out like a sore thumb? Will totally ruin the aesthetic.

Sea World is definitely the logical option here.

All you’d be seeing is it’s supports/the backside of the ride (in the only orientation where supports & track don’t collide with Surfrider itself), so it wouldn’t really look that cool onride, and it’d ruin views of Superman from everywhere else

Edited by Tricoart

Yeah it was close and they didn’t want it there. Mostly because it was shit and ugly. 
That doesn’t mean there is some rule that rides can’t be close together 🤦‍♂️ 

Also we do realise half the stuff DW say is total BS marketing spin right?

Edited by rappa
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, rappa said:

Yeah it was close and they didn’t want it there. Mostly because it was shit and ugly. 
That doesn’t mean there is some rule that rides can’t be close together 🤦‍♂️ 

no one said that’s what it means, we said that’s the reason Dreamworld said it closed, but it was almost certainly due to low ridership and high maintenance costs that didn’t match the demand the ride was getting.

8 minutes ago, rappa said:

Most companies have BS marketing, such as “the world first multi-type coaster” or “the worlds most iconic wooden roller coaster / the worlds greatest family roller coaster.” it’s not a Dreamworld exclusive thing

IMO Surfrider will almost certainly not be going to MW, and apart from the fact that it wouldn’t make sense in the park in terms of space, I have a valid reason. 

MW is getting a kid’s ride later this year, and the whole Woz section in 2024. That means that if it were to go there, it would have to open during 2025 or after, and I don’t think Village is wanting to keep it SBNO at WNW for a few more years. And MW wouldn’t be opening three additions in 2023/24 alone, our parks aren’t trying to be energylandia, which means I think SW will get to give that park some attention while MW gets new additions during the next two years.

22 hours ago, rappa said:

Can you show some examples to prove half of everything DW say "is total BS marketing spin"? And maybe define what you deem as 'BS marketing spin', because others may have a different perception of what 'BS marketing spin' is.

Edited by WalleyWorld
  • Like 1

MW is getting a kid’s ride later this year

You could do both in one year, sort of like how DW opened Buzzsaw and Shockwave in one year.

If it were to move, you could do it here and as SF has demonstrated, virtually any super hero theme can be applied to anything. Aquaman PowerWave? Cyborg? Harley Quinn?

image.thumb.png.e548d62cbfccbac1f65b4cf0d2cfcff8.png

• Love it! 1

On 15/1/2023 at 6:40 AM, REGIE said:

Supposedly buzzsaw was removed for being to close to ST this would have to be even closer to SE . Maybe there is a rule . Seaworld is the only village park I can see it going to but I would much rather a modern version of Vikings revenge then this

This is 100% not the reason why Buzzsaw was sold and there’s no rule as such as @Gazzaexplained.

Ifffff it had to go to Movie World, why not up near Wild West Fall’s drop area? You could finally expand the west area and make use of what is a strange dead end path, and you could easily theme it to a whacky blacksmith perpetual energy device or something. Honestly, the DC fatigue is real, I just don’t think we need anymore DC anything for a hot minute. 

• Like 3

On 15/01/2023 at 8:47 AM, themagician said:

The park did actually say that

What I like about this is there's a level of consistency here on how it was called out for be being some BS. I thought it was a dumb thing to say at the time, and rappa thought it was so dumb that it wasn't the park that said it. 

2 hours ago, Slick said:

Honestly, the DC fatigue is real, I just don’t think we need anymore DC anything for a hot minute. 

This is true; but if you're putting it right around Superman it kinda should be DC. Wild West isn't the worst idea, but I think one of the things that works massively in favour of West is that you can't see any coasters or anything really from there. It's actually immersive. I'd argue keeping that is worth it.

It can go right in the fenced off courtyard between the station/darkride/launch building and justice league. 

It's basically a fenced off pen with a perimeter ride (track) fence running around the edges of it. Plenty of space to utilise. 

Edited by Levithian

33 minutes ago, joz said:

Wild West isn't the worst idea, but I think one of the things that works massively in favour of West is that you can't see any coasters or anything really from there. It's actually immersive. I'd argue keeping that is worth it.

Depending on where you put it, you won't see it from inside the West attraction, only the splash down. As mentioned - if its given a suitably western theme, and it fits, i say go for it.

All the big players seem to have given up on sightlines.

29 minutes ago, Levithian said:

It can go right in the fenced off courtyard between the station/darkride/launch building and justice league. 

It's basically a fenced off pen with a perimeter ride (track) fence running around the edges of it. Plenty of space to utilise. 

What section is that?
574611478_Screenshot(117).thumb.png.15f7d93575aaf9e1dcc9f800dc9a5835.png

1 hour ago, joz said:

Wild West isn't the worst idea, but I think one of the things that works massively in favour of West is that you can't see any coasters or anything really from there. It's actually immersive. I'd argue keeping that is worth it.

Off topic? but I would like to see a minecart/indoor dark ride behind/beside the mountain, extending the facade along.

11 minutes ago, joz said:

I'd like to see the seating area of WB Showcase turned into a Maverick themed Madhouse.

If I were to expand my vision for Movie World right out there long term - I'd refurb the Roxy with stadium seating and all the latest bells and whistles to become Village's go-to theatre for movie launches and whatnot. From there, I'd redevelop the WB Showcase building to either what @jozsaid or a flying theatre variant, and connect that building's entrance/exit into the aforementioned new Half Pipe Coaster area just to the left of Wild West Falls. Add in a nice dining/events space and a small family flat ride and you've got yourself a hell of a western-themed area that obliterates Dreamworld's offering for the next five years.

The Capex-friendly version is to pop it next to Jet Rescue or where the old Viking's Station was at Sea World and call it a day. No repaint or real theming needed.

15 minutes ago, joz said:

I'd like to see the seating area of WB Showcase turned into a Maverick themed Madhouse.

I'd like to see Showstage turned back into a showstage and used for some sort of show that doesn't involve cars, or trucks, or boats, or truck boats.

Top of my list would be (in no particular order):

• Illusionist \ Magic Show
  • Stunt Show
  • Special Effects Show
  • ?Circus?

I like the Wild West falls idea it makes sense to have another western themed ride.  I don’t really like the DC themes but it’s called movieworld so that’s it’s thing. Dreamworld can have the original themes because that’s it’s thing. That’s why I love that Dreamworks is finally gone and we soon will have a movie park and a classic theme park. Most if not everything at movieworld should take advantage of their movie IPS and not try to do some original themes. While DW can have the circus’s and that stuff. Buts that’s a perfect world.  

• rappa locked this topic