Dreamworld future coaster fanfic

Vidgamer

12 hours ago, New display name said:

DW also owns the 2 smaller lots on whitewater way.

Everything I marked in blue earlier is DW's.

You're 100% on the money. Also, now's a great time to point out how invaluable that northern parcel of land is. Ardent's short-term interests to turn a quick buck at the expense of the business's future viability as a whole can't be overstated enough - remaining competitive against Village requires that land, and having the parent company try and parcel up the remaining land should ring alarm bells. I'm quietly thankful the latest flood reporting has come out that shows the flooding situation for Oakey Creek, and by extension, how nearly impossible it will be to build there without major infrastructure investment, and has in turn slowed down further quick sales.

• Like 1

DW's has been trying to sell the land long before DW got themselves into the poop.   The second DW's gave up on DW's town centre, DW engaged a town planner and was in the process of subdividing the block when as part of the approval the Queensland Government wanted to resume Oakey Creek plus 10m either side of the creek.  

What DW tried to sell in blue.  

1.thumb.JPG.6433dc9d169d81f6ef83b678fd337067.JPG

What DW ended up selling to stop the QLD gov from resuming land. Marked in blue.

2.thumb.JPG.bcc8b086a912e30907e6ffe98122caee.JPG

28 minutes ago, Slick said:

I'm quietly thankful the latest flood reporting has come out that shows the flooding situation for Oakey Creek, and by extension, how nearly impossible it will be to build there without major infrastructure investment, and has in turn slowed down further quick sales.

Probably the reason why DW tried to turn the area into a campground. 

10 years ago, during the town planning debacle, I posted numerous times DW would have trouble ever moving the land on.   The good thing is you can build a coaster in a flood zone and operate a theme park in a flood zone without too much additional cost.

• Like 1

When I heard they wanted to quick sell all that land I was not happy I get they needed the money but the huge amount of land is the only way for them to get back on top. I am glad they didn’t sell all of it. They still have plenty to work with. And now with the sale of main event and their focus on spending big I can see them working on expanding when they clean up the park a bit more. It would be cool if they got some inspiration from phantasialand to do a Spanish style area. 

C096C1BD-7792-482B-95E6-606640FB7177.jpeg

Is The part marked In yellow is DW’s too?

13BEB1DE-213F-4010-976F-667AA3B68B09.jpeg

Edited by REGIE

11 hours ago, REGIE said:

Is The part marked In yellow is DW’s too?

See @New display nameand my confirmation of his post.

48 minutes ago, Gobbledok said:

When did the new management start at Dream World?

Dreamworld's current CEO was appointed in April 2021. The board he reports to has been largely the same since 2017. See this post for more information.

Not sure where I should post this but a completely useless few facts I learned today: of all the custom arrow loopers, gold coaster is listed as the only one in history to have been relocated according to RCDB. Gold coaster is also the tallest (in height not drop) “classic” arrow looping coaster in operation. Ofc viper and Tennessee Tornado are taller but viper is classified a mega looper and TT is very different from the “classic” Arrow custom loopers.  So GC is pretty unique.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/02/2023 at 9:07 PM, REGIE said:

but viper is classified a mega looper

Who says?

RCDB lists them all as a "Custom Looping Coaster"

https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=8301

You cant just say "GC is the tallest, but actually its not because I'm arbitrarily disqualifying all comparable rides" 🤡

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Who says?

RCDB lists them all as a "Custom Looping Coaster"

https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&mo=8301

You cant just say "GC is the tallest, but actually its not because I'm arbitrarily disqualifying all comparable rides" 🤡

Viper at SFMM, Great American Scream Machine at SFGA and Shockwave at SFA (can’t remember if more were installed) were all apart of Arrow’s Mega Looper Model, which is a different model to GC and other arrow coasters.

17 minutes ago, Rivals said:

Viper at SFMM, Great American Scream Machine at SFGA and Shockwave at SFA (can’t remember if more were installed) were all apart of Arrow’s Mega Looper Model, which is a different model to GC and other arrow coasters.

I mean, arguing with @Gazzaover the specific classification of a rollercoaster is kinda like offering Mike Tyson the first punch in a fight... you're gonna get knocked the fuck out.

RCDB classes them all as custom loopers.

CoasterPedia classes them all as custom loopers

The Arrow Dynamics Wiki also classes Viper and Gold Coaster as the same 'looping coaster' Model.

Coasterforce also lists Viper as an example under their Custom Looping Coaster banner

While I agree "mega looper" or "Multi Looper" is a term used to refer to coasters with many (generally seems to be 4 or more) loops or inversions - Coasterforce does have a multi looping page, and it does class Viper as an Arrow Multi Looper (but as above still classifies Viper as a custom looper). It isn't a ride model - like a corkscrew or boomerang shuttle coaster, and moreso seems to be a class of coaster - like a hyper, strata, inverted, or in this case, Multi Looper.

The ride type is still a custom looper, so you can't claim the title for Gold Coaster (except if you're in the park's marketing department, which as we all know, would be puffery).

1 minute ago, REGIE said:

Mega looper is the generally accepted term for arrows large looping coasters though. It’s the term that YouTubers have been using for years. Tomato toomato 

Hmm a colloquial term for a group of coasters doesn’t make that name an officially sanctioned model. RCDB get things right 99.9% of the time and I am inclined to believe them here. They are all custom looping jobs. 

They have no listed height that I could find.  except Tennessee tornado which I guess counts despite it using completely different system to build it. And it’s also more of a mega looper as it’s over 150ft tall. Either way I guess gold coaster comes second. If your basing it on the mega looper range no counting then you could make a argument for TT not being a mega looper because of the building process. But if you go based on classic arrow loopers then viper counts but TT doesn’t. Good old Australia Always manages to come second to America in everything.  We had the second last blockbuster the second seaworld park ect.  Gold coaster is in a different category of arrow’s but I can see how some people can box them together.  RCDB counts wild mouse at Luna park Sydney as from 1990s.. you gotta take what RCDB says with a grain of salt.

Edited by REGIE

5 minutes ago, REGIE said:

Good old Australia Always manages to come second to America in everything.

*sobs in Tower of Terror*

5 minutes ago, REGIE said:

you gotta take what RCDB says with a grain of salt.

Duane has been the most consistent, reliable source on coaster stats the world over. You weren't even BORN when the site was first launched. I think we'll take you with a grain of salt first.

5 hours ago, REGIE said:

RCDB counts wild mouse at Luna park Sydney as from 1990s.. you gotta take what RCDB says with a grain of salt.

Tfw you have never bothered to look at RCDB to see that it's been relocated twice and is originally from the 50's. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Is Project Zero/Buzzsaw from 2022 by this logic?

Edited by Baconjack

6 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

*sobs in Tower of Terror*

That was a win by default too... is that seriously the only time we've bested the USA in theme parking?

Edit: I guess we have backwards DCR and spinning Steel Taipan... but they're only gimmicks on a ride, not the ride itself.

Edited by franky

1 hour ago, franky said:

That was a win by default too... is that seriously the only time we've bested the USA in theme parking?

The US doesn't have a Mack Hyper yet, and I believe Wild West Falls might've been the tallest log flume 'til Dudley Do-Right's opened the following year (but I don't know for sure, there's no RCDB for log flumes).

Edited by Tricoart

2 hours ago, franky said:

I’ll tell you firsthand that Americans are incredibly envious of DCR, even with their swath of theme parks across the country. I experienced multiple firsts all of last year and worked at EPCOT and yet all I would hear from enthusiasts is about how they wish to ride DCR. 

The grass is always greener. Just because some americans are envious of one coaster here, its unlikely to make most of them travel over here. They've got so much in their own backyard that they'll never ride, why bother - when in another few years someone stateside will build one?