The Flash: Speed Force coming to Movie World

Guest Moderator

On 22/12/2023 at 11:43 PM, Baconjack said:

Sky voyager - delayed multiple times and opened nine months after expected timeline

From what I recall, SV was delivered without complying with Australian Electrical Standards - something that prior to TRRR wasn't closely policed but afterwards prevented them from opening. It was the park's fault no matter which way you slice it, but it was very clearly an unanticipated delay.

Steel taipan - delayed and opened a year after expected timeline (You could blame Covid for this one but no one was for New Atlantis)

All the ride parts arrived in early 2020 from memory, and I think we all know how that panned out.

Giant Drop renovation - delayed a few times (from memory was meant to be completed end of 2022 could be wrong though)

This one is fair play. While i'd argue the park encountered some unanticipated issues once they began the refurb, it was definitely closed longer than it should have been.

On 22/12/2023 at 8:44 PM, Baconjack said:

"Past few"

When you talk 'past few' the park has delivered three new attractions this past year, all pretty much bang-on the timeline promised, along with a refurb of their entire kids area, all pretty much on time and as promised. When you consider "few" is literally defined as a small number, but most people accept it as being "three", I don't think the original reply was considering SV, ST and GD in the mix.

25 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

When you talk 'past few' the park has delivered three new attractions this past year, all pretty much bang-on the timeline promised, along with a refurb of their entire kids area, all pretty much on time and as promised.

Just a side note, The Dreamworld Flyer when announced was supposed to open mid-2023, but at that time the fountains weren’t going to be a part of it. So with the addition of that, saw the delay to a late 2023 opening. But I think the opening timeframe was revised pretty quickly and they didn’t publicly over promise on their website or social media to say it’s definitely opening mid year and it didn’t.

15 minutes ago, New display name said:

Biggest fear with this ride is, The Flash joins the list of MW's unreliable rides.

It wasn't too bad at Wet n Wild. It was just closed for half the year because the whole park was pretty much dead... although having water blasting at it constantly in its earlier years probably didn't help it too much. The SurfRider models in general don't seem to have many reliability issues, and anything's better than Doomsday.

41 minutes ago, Spotty said:

It wasn't too bad at Wet n Wild. It was just closed for half the year because the whole park was pretty much dead... although having water blasting at it constantly in its earlier years probably didn't help it too much. The SurfRider models in general don't seem to have many reliability issues, and anything's better than Doomsday.

Shaded seating

46 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I must have been unlucky because most times I went, it was closed.

You can't even call Doomsday a ride anymore.  The swing at the local park is a better ride.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Rivals said:

Banners on the parks archway have been updated to advertise flash as ‘coming soon.’ with the ride still not testing yet, is there any possibility it could open around April? 

IMG_0202.thumb.jpeg.7935ec1787623bef9caefd5bf04eaba5.jpeg

Considering all indication of an April opening has been removed, I would say unlikely. Yikes.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

Flash 2 comes out in June, perhaps waiting until the winter holidays to open?

A second Flash movie doesn’t exist, does it? Aside from the whole first one being a flop that was doomed from the start with their casting choice & horrible direction, making a sequel an obviously horrible decision, I haven’t seen anything being announced about it. 

Edited by Tricoart

There is no sequel to The Flash and there never will be.  It was one of the biggest financial flops in cinematic history, only beaten by The Marvels. 

DC has one movie in 2024 - The Joker: Folie à Deux which is scheduled for an October 4 theatrical release.

Superman Legacy comes out July 11, 2025 - which is the first of the James Gunn re-boots.

The Batman Part 2 comes out October 3, 2025, but it (like The Joker) exists in it's own universe that is not connected to a bigger DCU.

Those are the only DC movies coming out in cinemas in 24/25.  Everything else is Animated and direct-to-streaming.

5 hours ago, Rivals said:

Banners on the parks archway have been updated to advertise flash as ‘coming soon.’ with the ride still not testing yet, is there any possibility it could open around April? 

If by “around April” you mean sometime in the 2024 calendar year, then yes I would think that is possible.

14 hours ago, Flynn_Smith said:

Considering all indication of an April opening has been removed, I would say unlikely. Yikes.

Considering by all accounts this was supposed to come into the park to alleviate the pressure felt by the loss of Scooby (lol) Scooby is going to reopen before this thing does.

Should have just sent it to Sea World.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Considering by all accounts this was supposed to come into the park to alleviate the pressure felt by the loss of Scooby (lol) Scooby is going to reopen before this thing does.

Should have just sent it to Sea World.

Before Atlantis opened I would have said yes to this but Movie World -really- needs the capacity boost (even if it's a small boost) right now. I think Sea World actually has one of the more rounded attractions lists for the Gold Coast parks right now. That's assuming that Trident is actually open...

50 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Movie World -really- needs the capacity boost (even if it's a small boost) right now.

Yes. Right now. 

Not in whatever timeline we're working on where it should have been september, then Summer 2023, then April and now the equivalent of 'in the coming weeks'. 

Clearly they've had a problem commissioning it. the fact that they built it, then pulled half of it down only to put it up again a few days later shows that something didn't go the way it should have. They've proceeded with this project making a lot of assumptions and the changed dates prove that they got them wrong. 

They would have done better commissioning a brand new flat ride, or bringing in a trailer mounted travelling ride to alleviate movie world's capacity issues. It has now officially been one year since Scooby Doo went down for this extended rehab - and we don't even have an opening date for Flash - (something we had last year, though it has now come and gone) and Flash is something that we've all agreed was most likely something they did to boost the park's capacity issues while Scoob was down.

At this rate, Scoob will open before Flash does.

• Like 3

Just now, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Yes. Right now. 

Not in whatever timeline we're working on where it should have been september, then Summer 2023, then April and now the equivalent of 'in the coming weeks'. 

Clearly they've had a problem commissioning it. the fact that they built it, then pulled half of it down only to put it up again a few days later shows that something didn't go the way it should have. They've proceeded with this project making a lot of assumptions and the changed dates prove that they got them wrong. 

They would have done better commissioning a brand new flat ride, or bringing in a trailer mounted travelling ride to alleviate movie world's capacity issues. It has now officially been one year since Scooby Doo went down for this extended rehab - and we don't even have an opening date for Flash - (something we had last year, though it has now come and gone) and Flash is something that we've all agreed was most likely something they did to boost the park's capacity issues while Scoob was down.

At this rate, Scoob will open before Flash does.

In before Jungle Rush opens first...

18 minutes ago, Spotty said:

In before Jungle Rush opens first...

Honestly, with Village being so incredibly slow at everything recently, it wouldn’t surprise me if Jungle Rush opens before that pathway at SW does. It took ‘em months just to give a store a coat of paint & move a few shelves out.

Edited by Tricoart
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Would you guys mind posting some examples of what you think it should look like?

Keep in mind, this serves 3 functions:

1. Provide a clear, visible entrance to the ride
  2. Provide shade
  3. Provide a physical barrier between the Superman track and people because VRTP insurance doesn't allow rides to go over pathways.

I'm just keen to see what you would want installed instead, given that this is a relatively minor flat ride.

Edited by wikiverse

13 hours ago, New display name said:

MW reduced to prefab patios.  😢

Yeah IMO they're trying to match the aesthetic of the other shelter to Superman, which I believe had to be what it is as it has to provide an additional layer of protection being under the high speed hydraulic cable launch.

As long as they stick a 2d comic ride bridge for the flash over the front of it, nobody will notice. Even better if they take the opportunity to dress up both walkways with some comic art for Flash and Superman.

Not that Village ever like to over-hype things... 😏 ... but, they are teasing further details coming soon. If I may be so bold, we may even get a concrete opening date, or at the very least, a "cOmInG tHis [Easter/Winter] ScHoOl HoLiDaYs!!!11"

Screenshot_20240222_180737_Facebook.jpg

Edited by CR4ZE